bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

USC's Sanchez arrested!

2 major hits against USC in a matter of a few days.

wasn't there something similar to this that happend last year to a couple USC players? ... i keep thinking there was.

LOS ANGELES (SI.com) -- Mark Sanchez, Southern California's backup quarterback, was arrested Wednesday after being accused of sexually assaulting a female student, police said.

"We're just learning about this," Trojans coach Pete Carroll said. "We'll cooperate fully and do whatever we can to assist. At this point, this is being handled by the University's Student Affairs office and we'll follow along with whatever action the university takes."

Sanchez, 19, was arrested around 4 p.m. just north of campus and was being booked for investigation of sexual assault, police Officer Jason Lee said.

"The alleged assault occurred earlier today," Lee said. The USC student reported it to police but no other details were immediately available.

Mike Jackson, USC's Vice President of Student Affairs told SI.com the university is aware of the allegations, and that Sanchez will be placed on interim suspension during the investigation.

"The university takes charges of sexual assault seriously," Jackson said."Depending on the facts as established by the LAPD, we will determine the appropriate action. In the interim, the student will be placed on interim suspension while the case is pending."

Sanchez is listed on the Trojans' depth chart as the backup to John David Booty, but is expected to battle for the starting job this fall. Booty practiced only once this spring before he injured his back and had to undergo surgery.

Sanchez played the recent spring scrimmage and has been practicing with the first unit.

He will be a redshirt freshman this coming season.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

He was released on 200K bail. So where did he get that money from?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmm... bailbondsman

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    hmm... bailbondsman

I don't really know how all that stuff works. People like me usually don't get arrested, but occasionally it does happen . A bail bondsman puts up the $$, but if he skips town, they are responsible for it or something like that, is that how it works?

How would they be responsible if he left? I always thought the arrested person had to come up with the money.