awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see a lot of value in Baylor Uconn Over...

Ok guys Im still really high on this Griffin kid from Baylor... Two straight Big games from this fresman QB who is proving to be both a decent pocket passer and a good runner... Now the game is on grass which could get sloppy but the weather looks to be good for tommorow.

The reason this line is soo low is because of UConn's "stout" D. However they havent played anyone with this type of offensive manueverability. Baylors D is suspect so I see UConn putting up some good numbers as well. At 50, Ill take a chance on this one if it stays within 1 or 2 points by tommorow......Any thoughts???

SoonerBS
    SoonerBS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by awhitejackson View Post
    Ok guys Im still really high on this Griffin kid from Baylor... Two straight Big games from this fresman QB who is proving to be both a decent pocket passer and a good runner... Now the game is on grass which could get sloppy but the weather looks to be good for tommorow.

The reason this line is soo low is because of UConn's "stout" D. However they havent played anyone with this type of offensive manueverability. Baylors D is suspect so I see UConn putting up some good numbers as well. At 50, Ill take a chance on this one if it stays within 1 or 2 points by tommorow......Any thoughts???
    This will be the best defense Baylor has seen since WF. This is also Griffin's first ever road start and that usually doesn't go well. I'm not drinking the Griffin kool-aid yet because he is still very young and hasn't performed well against good competition yet. WSU is possibly one of the worse teams in the NCAA, so that game didn't really tell us anything. Baylor is going on the road to play a team that is very near the same caliber as Wake Forest. So, you can base some opinions by looking at the results of that game.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do . . . .

Sinister Cat
    Sinister Cat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

UConn has an inconsistent passing game, and I'm not sure Baylor can score on them. I'd probably take the under, if I was forced. But the weather shouldn't be too bad for scoring tomorrow night. Good luck.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im on the under 51

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on the under as well especially in the first half (under 27, -125 for the 1st half). This game will be about running the football. Uconn is very inconsistent with the passing game and thus will try to run the football.

3 plays on this game.
    Baylor +12

Uconn/Baylor under 27 (-125) for the 1st half
    Both defenses have played well against the run this season. Both teams like to run the ball. Uconn defense is very stingy at home.

Uconn team total under 17 (1st half) - Baylor will get the ball first even if Uconn wins the coin flip. Baylor has been good against the run this season. Baylor defense did give up 41 points to wake forest earlier in the season. IN that game, baylor had 5 turnovers that resulted in some easy scores for Wake Forest. Baylor gave up 156 yards rushing to Wake Forest but on 44 carries for a 3.5 avg. For Wake Forest, Washington had 65 yards on 2 carries in that game. Besides those two carries, wake forest did not run the ball well against Baylor. Uconn will try to establish the running game early and thus take a lot of time off the clock. Baylor will try to stop the running game as it has done so far in their first three games. Look for some time consuming drives for both of these teams. Neither team has the ability to score quick touchdowns by the passing game.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

If you saw UConn play Temple, you'd be on the under. They did nothing... I think the play here is Baylor +12.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    I am on the under as well especially in the first half (under 27, -125 for the 1st half). This game will be about running the football. Uconn is very inconsistent with the passing game and thus will try to run the football.

3 plays on this game.
    Baylor +12

Uconn/Baylor under 27 (-125) for the 1st half
    Both defenses have played well against the run this season. Both teams like to run the ball. Uconn defense is very stingy at home.

Uconn team total under 17 (1st half) - Baylor will get the ball first even if Uconn wins the coin flip. Baylor has been good against the run this season. Baylor defense did give up 41 points to wake forest earlier in the season. IN that game, baylor had 5 turnovers that resulted in some easy scores for Wake Forest. Baylor gave up 156 yards rushing to Wake Forest but on 44 carries for a 3.5 avg. For Wake Forest, Washington had 65 yards on 2 carries in that game. Besides those two carries, wake forest did not run the ball well against Baylor. Uconn will try to establish the running game early and thus take a lot of time off the clock. Baylor will try to stop the running game as it has done so far in their first three games. Look for some time consuming drives for both of these teams. Neither team has the ability to score quick touchdowns by the passing game.
    I agree , All the running and Baylor's D is better than that wake forest showing. I see alot of FG's and Punts.

chipper13101
    chipper13101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

solid under 51

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baylor and the points is my small play.

nysmoneyman
    nysmoneyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

4 team teaser 4 me

baylor +25.5
    under 64
    giants -1.5
    NE pats pick em

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nysmoneyman View Post
    4 team teaser 4 me

baylor +25.5
    under 64
    giants -1.5
    NE pats pick em
    i like that...

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

uconn now 12-1/2
    buy up to 14 at -140

teaserpleaser

Im waiting for that to hit 13 and im going to tease it with the under

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on the under as well.

I need some feedback here, I have the chance to get Conn.-140
    should I hammer it?

teaserpleaser

got it... Baylor +20 & under 58

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7644

baylor will score very little
    on the road vs. a good defense

teaserpleaser

IF we can have a final score of say UCONN 31 baylor 17 That would be excellent
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 09-19-08 at 01:01 PM.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Dose anyone have the turnover margins for these teams unless i missed it no one had mentioned them!! Ill try to find then post my picks on this game. GL to all !!!!!!!!!

teaserpleaser

All I know is that UConn's defense had better be ready Bay FR QB ran for 217 yards on 11 carries vs washington st. ... Thats crazy!! Espn's Bruce Feldman says hes faster than Pat white.

teaserpleaser

How in the hell did this Robert Griffin (Rivals #3 dual threat QB) kid not end up at Florida or michigan... He was one of the nations best sprinters in high school. The top sprinter in texas (you gotta be fast to do that in Texas) Hes on the Baylor track team and was the Big 12 champ in the 400 hurdles and won the NCAA midwest regionals in the 400 hurdles (he was 3rd in the nation in 400 hurdles) as a freshman.... The huskies had better spy their fastest linebacker on this kid.

Beat up the book
    Beat up the book's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

UConn has won nine in a row at home, while Baylor is 2-8 in its past 10 road games. UConn's defense has allowed just one touchdown this season.
    I think i like the under.

teaserpleaser

I took the under as well but if the huskies dont stop Robert Griffin from using his legs this things probably going over... I had no idea this kid was that fast I can now see why he toasted washington st like that.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

How in the hell did this Robert Griffin (Rivals #3 dual threat QB) kid not end up at Florida or michigan

Because Art Briles is a helluva coach and recruiter! He took a winless Houston team and got them into 4 bowls in 5 years! He runs a spread/option attack w/multiple formations that kids really love and he could've got a bigger/better job than Baylor but he doesn't want to leave Texas! That being said...it will take time and they may not have the experience to beat a well coached veteran team on the road like U-Conn even though the Texas kids have the speed advantage. It could be more interesting than what people expect? I would lean Over 51 because Briles offense can score on anyone and Baylor was horrible defensively last year!

bluexselvedge
    bluexselvedge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    If you saw UConn play Temple, you'd be on the under. They did nothing... I think the play here is Baylor +12.
    if you watched that game... then you should know why they did nothing. Missouri couldn't even score 28 points in that kind of weather.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    got it... Baylor +20 & under 58
    that looks like the play to me, hope you dont mind if I borrow your idea.
    but you might not want me betting on your side after the past 2 games

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

i thought over

over because both teams can score and u conn to win because no way they will lose at home

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7644

i can't see griffin doing much against uconn defense.
    yea he's fast and can hurdle
    yea he put up some #'s at home vs weak opponents with the lead
    tonite will be a differnet story
    uconn will grind it out on the ground with brown (top RB)
    griffin will be playing from behind
    he hasn't been tested with pressure to throw
    he's due to throw a couple picks (uconn lots of ints this year and last yr)
    not to mention griffin lost 2 fumbles himself vs wake forest
    uconn rolls and griffin doesn't even finish the game, he wasnt even the opening day starter
    uconn rolls and has an ez schedule ahead
    they're the best big east team

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Ill lay the wood uconn -13 small

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    that looks like the play to me, hope you dont mind if I borrow your idea.
    but you might not want me betting on your side after the past 2 games
    LoL not a problem but be warned I was right there with you on the WVU and K-state games... so im kinda shell shocked right now. Baylors QB Robert Griffin has a 9 ypc avg. He really is faster than Pat white im worried for my under 51 play i hope theres some defense in this game.

Pontiff
    Pontiff's Avatar Become A Pro!

For The Record

I am letting you know that the fade here is to take UCONN and the OVER. The last two games, the easy picks lost...being WV and Kansas. This is another one of those games fellas. The boys in town are all over Baylor which means that you better bet UCONN if you want any money. I would throw 3 units on UCONN and 1 unit on the over. Just for the record.

The Pontiff

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Going w/UCONN-13

dfinn21
    dfinn21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I'm forcing this play becuase I'm stuck working at home tonight and need something to keep me partially entertained...I was planning on passing. Here's what I put in the book:

1* Teaser
    Baylor +20
    Under 58.5

GO BEARS!

awhitejackson

Alright you guys convinced me...Going on under 52 ...... Also looking at baylor +13
    Last edited by awhitejackson; 09-19-08 at 06:29 PM.

awhitejackson

I cant believe i switched to under this is going to be close..........