emmittrudd
    emmittrudd's Avatar Become A Pro!

My week 3 card (If anybody cares)

I said at the start of the season I would flat bet games. I did not, and as a consequence I am 14-7 and am up 2 units. My 5 star big money balla plays are 0-2 for -10 units. I suck. Starting this week no more big money balla plays. All plays are 2 unit plays. Live and learn, although I knew better to begin with.

So if anybody gives a damn here are my week 3 plays:

I had NC tonight so that is a nice start. I was not sold on Rutgers after watching the Fresno St game and just thought NC was the better team.

Friday I love USF -3. I think this game could not have set up better. I love that George Selvie is lining up against a rFR. I think USF only improved on a great team from last year in ways of experience while Kansas will come down to earth in facing a real schedule. USF has 10 starters returning and I think played down to their competition last week on the Road at UCF.

On Saturday I like BYU-8.5. Maybe I can not get over Tenn (one of my big money balla plays) going down the to a team I do not think is that good. I think UCLA played so above their heads and while they have a definite edge in coaching like the athletes on BYU to play well at home and cover.

A game I love (I would make it a big money balla play but I don't do that anymore) is SJSU-5. Tell me if you think I'm wrong but don't you think this is a line that is lower simply because of SDSU playing ND tough? SJSU had more total yards than Nebraska, had more rushing yards than Nebraska and Nebraska benefited from a INT return for a TD and a KO Return for a TD. Take those away and you have a 21-12 game. I may be guilty of putting too much emphasis on PS rankings, but he has their D-line ranked #1 in the WAC as well as their DB's. He reports they have their best D-line ever with a USC transfer at DE. SDSU has only 2 returning starters and their returning starts are 8th to last in Division I. If you put stock in PS's rankings you have the worst rated O-line in the MTN West going up against the best D-line in the WAC. He also ranks their D-line the worst in the conference. Am I putting too much weight on this?

I also like GA Tech +7. I will take the points in what should be a grinding low scoring affair.

Georgia -7. I think USC has shown its true colors. They have no offense. I am getting cold feet though with giving so many in what I see as a low scoring game.

Auburn -10 IMHO just he much much better team.
    And finally Fresno St +1.5

Time to get another 7&7. Thanks for all the info put on the board and good luck to everyone not on the opposite side of my plays.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I'm with you on BYU and USF. I've git a big play on them Fri. night

SJS seems like a good play, but when 2 crappy teams play each other i usually don;t play spreads that high, and will pass on this one.

I'm in the minority, but I thing Va Tech covers vs. Ga Tech. I'm not sold on GT, I don't think BC was all that good and am not taking much stock in that win.

Auburn should win easily but I'm not sold enough on Auburn to play them, and Fresno/Wisc. is a toss up. Thats one game I'm looking forward to watching without having to bet on it.

GL this weekend

Jroc85
    Jroc85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

BYU, USF, SJSU Could easily be the other way. I like your GT, Auburn, and Georgia pick. Vandy, and Kentucy look really good if you like the SEC. Another good one is Cal. I keep telling myself to just take games but I get caught up every time. If someone played these they would be on top when the day is done. Try doing some Round Robins thats the new "stlye" im trying. With some little side "big money balla plays" as you put it

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

I always like an honest picker
    this makes since to me
    sd js i have learned to not to bet on crappy teams , and it only took me two weeks this year ,
    as for tonight
    north carolina easy pick for me
    got to go with the best coach . now how many times did your dad tell you that
    but it didnt work last week spurrier , i really think he go into too late into the season when he decided to take the job, and it has cost him ever since . he just never did get the recruits needed , well there is a big difference what they pay assistance over ther also
    what suprised me the most they were dominated in the second half .telling me that georgia is a big value this week

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL emmitt...