mockmic
    mockmic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia/south Carolina

I can't believe the line is only (-7). Georgia is stacked with a great qb and great running back. THey are a huge offensive team. SOuth Carolina is a good team despite the lose to vanderbilt but still I think georgia at-least wins in double digits. Georgia got screwed last year by not being the BCS championship and they are not going to give it up this year. they have already dropped from 1 to 2 and they are going to stop there. Whats everyones thoughts here?

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mockmic View Post
    I can't believe the line is only (-7). Georgia is stacked with a great qb and great running back. THey are a huge offensive team. SOuth Carolina is a good team despite the lose to vanderbilt but still I think georgia at-least wins in double digits. Georgia got screwed last year by not being the BCS championship and they are not going to give it up this year. they have already dropped from 1 to 2 and they are going to stop there. Whats everyones thoughts here?
    I think you're right, but i think this can be a trap game... Georgia killed their opponent but the first week against Georgia Southern or whoever they played, they didnt get going until late... This is the first SEC matchup for Georgia and i think they'll win convincingly but very well could be a trap! GL

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

lean toward South carolina here +7

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Im not touching this game...

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I like Georgia for the fact that they play better SEC games on the road than they do at home. It is relatively close so there will be plenty of Bulldog fans. I see them winning by 10 with a TD in the 4th.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers1230 View Post
    I like Georgia for the fact that they play better SEC games on the road than they do at home. It is relatively close so there will be plenty of Bulldog fans. I see them winning by 10 with a TD in the 4th.
    Mark Richt does have the BEST road record in the SEC... Good thought...

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I like Georgia here. Lots of Georgia fans will be there to negate the home advantage for S.C. Other than the 2nd half of the NC State, S Car. has looked pretty bad. If Georgia is as good as the experts say, this should be an easy win.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Georgia = Over-rated... Wait til they play Alabama in 2 weeks..

SECfan23
    SECfan23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its a teaser for me or nothing. This game is usually a tough defensive battle and normally close. But, USC hasnt show to me at all that they can score when they need to. I think the 7 points is about right but it shouldnt be any less. 8 or 9 might be more realistic. If you think history repeats it self and Georgia isnt as good as their rank, then take the gamecocks. If you think Spurrier's offense is as bad as its been the past 2 games, then id take Georiga. I know this, USC is really counting this game to "get back on track" after that awful Vandy game and there wont be any problem for them to get up for this game. Yes there will be georgia fans but in no way will it negate the home field advantage.

Gamecocks won in Georgia last year and then lost to Vandy too later in the season. But the main reason in not taking USC is that Kenny Mckinely most likely wont play.

uscfootball33
    uscfootball33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpete57@ View Post
    I like Georgia here. Lots of Georgia fans will be there to negate the home advantage for S.C. Other than the 2nd half of the NC State, S Car. has looked pretty bad. If Georgia is as good as the experts say, this should be an easy win.
    I understand if you feel that UGA is just that much better of a team than South Carolina, but this comment is absolutely ridiculous. Do you really think that 10,000 UGA fans are going to negate 75,000 screaming South Carolina fans? Apparently, most people have never been to this UGA/South Carolina game in Columbia or to any game in this environment. I actually made a post concerning this issue earlier in the week. Here it is:

I am guessing that you have never been to a South Carolina game in Columbia (or a South Carolina/Georgia game in Columbia to go further)based on this quote. Mark Richt has said multiple times throughout his career that Williams Brice is one of the loudest places that his team plays every year. It will be loud and it will affect UGA. UGA fans will have absolutely no impact on this game as 75,000+ of the 85,000+ fans there will be Gamecocks. If you think UGA is just that much better than this South Carolina team, then go ahead and place the wager, but understand that when it comes to the fans/noise in this one: South Carolina has a huge home field advantage. UGA is a very good team, but they will be using hand signals and will be snapping on the leg in this one. (Just an example in case you need further explanation: I have a friend who played for UVA recently when they played South Carolina in Columbia: he said that he could not hear the linebacker next to him and it impacted the entire game. He told me he had played at Virginia Tech and at Penn State and that those atmospheres were not even close to as loud as it was in South Carolina. He said they game planned for it the entire week and they were still not prepared.) Good luck, but don't underestimate home field advantage in this one.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia covers my -6.5 pulling away

thegeeksheet
    thegeeksheet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JRS21386 View Post
    Georgia = Over-rated... Wait til they play Alabama in 2 weeks..
    Georgia may in fact be over-rated, but i don't see how playing bama is going to expose that, you don't think bama is as over-rated if not more? Alabama is not even averaging 5.0 yards per play this season, and in their big coming out party vs Clemson they still only averaged 5.2 yppl.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

uscfootball333-- the fact of the matter is that Georgia has a phenomenal away record under Coach Richt. Most major conference teams have a strong home field advantage, but if Georgia gets on top early (and based on S.C.s poor 1st half play vs. NC St., it's quite possible) the large presence of UGa fans WILL become a factor. Spurrier is only 12-9 at home w/ SC, so no, I don't think the home advantage will be a big deal.

If Georgia is as good as they should be, it'll be a comfortable win, that's all I'm saying--home advantage or not.

SECfan23
    SECfan23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Havent missed a game in williams brice in over 10 years. I have never seen an away team's fans been a factor in a game. In a stadium of that size, 10,000 - 15,000 people dont produce enough noise to distract play calling, signals, or whatever. If UGA goes up by 21 and they cheer, then sure players may get some what discouraged. but thats b/c they are down 3 td's, not b/c uga fans are loud.

CBBPhenom
    CBBPhenom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia -7 Easy

diehardfan
    diehardfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by mockmic View Post

Stopped reading there. If you think Georgia, who didn't even win the East much less the Conference last year, should have played for the NC then I'm not about to trust your judgement.

uscfootball33
    uscfootball33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpete57@ View Post
    uscfootball333-- the fact of the matter is that Georgia has a phenomenal away record under Coach Richt. Most major conference teams have a strong home field advantage, but if Georgia gets on top early (and based on S.C.s poor 1st half play vs. NC St., it's quite possible) the large presence of UGa fans WILL become a factor. Spurrier is only 12-9 at home w/ SC, so no, I don't think the home advantage will be a big deal.

If Georgia is as good as they should be, it'll be a comfortable win, that's all I'm saying--home advantage or not.
    My friend, you do not know what you are talking about here. If UGA wins, it will be because they are just that much better. Their crowd will have ZERO impact.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

we agree, the crowd will have no impact. all i'm saying is that the home advantage won't affect Georgia. I'm not disputing the Noise, % of fans, or whatever. Georgia will be well represented and not intimidated. Let's not read into my quick post too much.

mockmic
    mockmic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia hopefully will win big

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

hopefully ga