King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I thought Anderson Silva was the Michael Jordan or Bruce Lee of MMA?
    No, it's taller, heavier,more reach, JONES........

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Shogun isn't light as people think, his bones are big and his legs are heavy. When he is off he goes up to 230, sometimes a bit more. On fight night I would guess he will be about 215, we never really bothered to weigh him, this is not the most important thing, it's important for him to be back at his peak performance condition, not less, not more. He cuts gradually from around 216 or so on fight week, no dehydrating, we don't believe in that for Strikers.
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/sho.../index143.html

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Michael Jordan fought in MMA?

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Michael Jordan fought in MMA?
    yes he did

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

thanks for proving my point..... Do you know the difference between cutting weight and losing weight!???

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

This guy is a bufoon. Just shut up.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Haters gonna hate...I wonder how much King Mayan had on Rua

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    This guy is a bufoon. Just shut up.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    Haters gonna hate...I wonder how much King Mayan had on Rua
    jersey shore guy, if some big guy was beating you up in the club, I would be annoyed as well.... No bets from me, lil guy:...

beach nut
    beach nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

This is the most idiotic title to a thread that I've seen in a while. If you're going to compare athletes, at least use a comparison from the same sport.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    like cole miller right? or cyrille diabate?

how is being exceptionally tall or having excelption long arms any different than having exceptionally good reaction speed or being exceptionally quick? is it just because its physically and easily noticeable?

its so irritating that people point to jones' height as an unfair advantage. is silva's accuracy an unfair advantage? is bj penn's flexbility an unfair advantage?

complete ludacris
    When you are as talented as Bones is, it becomes extremely noticeable. He is one if not the most talented guys in the UFC, and when you add the height and reach factor in, it's gonna be pretty hard for anyone to beat him, especially at light heavyweight. I'd like for him to be challenged a bit, and I don't see it happening with the current weight class he's in.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 490

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    TUF noob, shogun doesn't cut weight.... While jones cut 20 pounds... Like I said let jones fight people his own size....
    that's shogun's fault not Jones there are disadvantages to cutting weight as well

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Due to his huge reach advantage and obvious skill I cant see bones losing until he goes up to heavyweight in a few years as he fills out

MortalLock
    MortalLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2654

You can't F with jon bones jones baby won me some good $ in Vegas he's the best there is super humble and only 23

mwhelan11
    mwhelan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 95

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    He would probably destroy Michael Jordan at basketball too.

Jon Jones is an MMA god, everyone hates him because hes black.

Racists!
    WOW WOW WOW. You sound so ignoranttttt. Jon Jones has fought nobody. gun was not in his prime this past weekend

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

this just proves the cesspool that is SBR is far from the brightest crayons in the box.

Note to SBR public

- MJ didn't fight MMA
    - The next MJ isn't Lebron
    - There will never be another MJ

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    this just proves the cesspool that is SBR is far from the brightest crayons in the box.

Note to SBR public

- MJ didn't fight MMA
    - The next MJ isn't Lebron
    - There will never be another MJ
    really? and this post is going to separate your incredible intelligence from the rest of us?

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mwhelan11 View Post
    WOW WOW WOW. You sound so ignoranttttt. Jon Jones has fought nobody. gun was not in his prime this past weekend

wow pride guys in their 20's aren't even in their prime after they lose interesting

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Rua is at a point in his life where he COULD be in his prime....but he was not at his best for the fight.

He came in with a muffin top creeping over his shorts, and he gassed in three minutes.

I was all in on Bones for this fight, but he is going to have some major problems a few fights down the road when he hooks up with Mr. Wonderful.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I fully recover from the knee surgery I had last summer, I will seek revenge, get my rematch, and wrap Jon Jones in a cocoon of terror. I will display 'bones' in my own personal museum once I am finished with him.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    When I fully recover from the knee surgery I had last summer, I will seek revenge, get my rematch, and wrap Jon Jones in a cocoon of terror. I will display 'bones' in my own personal museum once I am finished with him.

Keep dreaming. Bones will waste Rua again.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!

The person who can beat jones is evans...you need a quick guy who can get in/out and dictate the pace/speed of the fight... 99% of the time Jones is able to do that..

Evans is going to put him on his back.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    The person who can beat jones is evans...you need a quick guy who can get in/out and dictate the pace/speed of the fight... 99% of the time Jones is able to do that..

Evans is going to put him on his back.
    Bones will put Evans on his back easily and dominate the standup the line is already -525 but it probably should be about -2000 the only way Bones loses is by DQ

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

thanks for proving my point..... Do you know the difference between cutting weight and losing weight!???
    Mayan! Davis and Rumble won today are they too big and tall and black as well? Those damn athletes...

knownone
    knownone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jones stated on Fight Night before his fight with Matyushenko that he weighed 238 that was about 3 weeks into his camp dude probably walks around at 245 between fights and around 215-220 in the cage, Given that he's so young and has such a high metabolism the guys is ripped even in his off time. This guy won't be able to make LHW in a few years; once his metabolism slows down he's gonna be cutting close to 50 pounds. Felt I needed to clarify that.

Jones isn't unstoppable he can be beat, the guy has holes everywhere in his game it's just a matter of someone overcoming his length and exploiting his weakness it would not surprise me if Rashad beats him or any other contender for that matter.
    He deserves to be the favorite while he's champion but he's only beat 1 top 10 fighter lets hold off on the MJ comparisons until he defends his title a few times.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by knownone View Post
    Jones stated on Fight Night before his fight with Matyushenko that he weighed 238 that was about 3 weeks into his camp dude probably walks around at 245 between fights and around 215-220 in the cage, Given that he's so young and has such a high metabolism the guys is ripped even in his off time. This guy won't be able to make LHW in a few years; once his metabolism slows down he's gonna be cutting close to 50 pounds. Felt I needed to clarify that.

Jones isn't unstoppable he can be beat, the guy has holes everywhere in his game it's just a matter of someone overcoming his length and exploiting his weakness it would not surprise me if Rashad beats him or any other contender for that matter.
    He deserves to be the favorite while he's champion but he's only beat 1 top 10 fighter lets hold off on the MJ comparisons until he defends his title a few times.
    I can't believe some of you think rashad has any shot at all he'll be destroyed after watching Phil Davis struggle taking Lil Nog down i don't think there's anyone at LHW that will even give Bones a fight

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    Mayan! Davis and Rumble won today are they too big and tall and black as well? Those damn athletes...
    yeah... Athletes have to pump IV's to pick on smaller guys....

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

when lebron retires he will be considered the greatest that ever was not MJ

Chipp
    Chipp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Once they made Travis Lutter, they broke the mold
    lol, this ^

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by freelee View Post

I can't believe some of you think rashad has any shot at all he'll be destroyed after watching Phil Davis struggle taking Lil Nog down i don't think there's anyone at LHW that will even give Bones a fight
    Lil Nog and Jon Jones are two radically different fighters and whatever success/failure Davis may have had during one fight, shouldn't be used to predict future performances.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    when lebron retires he will be considered the greatest that ever was not MJ
    lebron will never even get a title

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Lil Nog and Jon Jones are two radically different fighters and whatever success/failure Davis may have had during one fight, shouldn't be used to predict future performances.
    if lil nog can stuff your takedown than so can Jon Jones that's how i see it and it's pretty obvious who would have the advantage on the feet
    Last edited by freelee; 03-28-11 at 05:32 AM.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

He weighs 220(cut to 205).... He can fight in his natural weight class HW... all these wrestlers picking on smaller fighters... It's annoying....
    Haha this dumbass clearly knows nothing about MMA. Take it from somebody who's worked in MMA for years now...you have no idea what you're talking about.

jliggett12
    jliggett12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Hi hater.

Hater, do you think Shogun could stop Jones takedowns if he were healthy? If so, why? Having better cardio doesn't help if you're being taken down at will a minute into the fight.
    Jones has some of the most vicious GNP in mma. He seems to break a bone every time he ground and pounds someone. I think he might have broken shoguns ribs.
    agreed. what that guy needs to understand that he finished or completely dominated everyone one of those fights as he should. rashad was to slow for machida so no way he keeps up with even the cardio of jones. this fight doesn't go past the second round. and all these people hyping phil davis. dont count ur chickens to soon.

JediMind87
    JediMind87's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's the Jon Jones of mma.The comparisions are pretty stupid because they are two totally different sports. Basketball-Team MMA-Individual.Nuff said.Keep it classy Jon Jones.

First 1234 Last