NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Cro Cop or Schaub?

Who you taking? I'm thinking Schaub at the moment.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Depends on the line

As for who do I think wins this fight? Schaub has all the tools and the raw aggression to make Crocop's life hell. I think Schaub takes this many more times than not
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 03-07-11 at 10:30 AM.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Definitely Schaub. This fight it to build him up. All he has to do is pressure crocop.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Depends on the line

As for who do I think wins this fight? Schaub has all the tools and the raw aggression to make Crocop's life hell. I think Schaub takes this many more times than not
    CroCop was never thank good IMO. He hates pressure and Shaub will pressure him.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    CroCop was never thank good IMO. He hates pressure and Shaub will pressure him.
    are you saying CroCop was never that good? Because I would join you, troll arm in arm in saying that you are 100% correct, he is overrated.

as always, weird being on the same side of things, trace

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Shaub up to -300

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

All I want is to see CroCop throw the high kick and body kick 3 to 5 times during the fight. That would make me happy, every time I see him fight now and know what kind of power he has in his legs it makes me depressed to see him try and just throw his hands. Hoping CroCop wins by Liver Kick and decides to retire...

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by FlashinLeather View Post
    All I want is to see CroCop throw the high kick and body kick 3 to 5 times during the fight. That would make me happy, every time I see him fight now and know what kind of power he has in his legs it makes me depressed to see him try and just throw his hands. Hoping CroCop wins by Liver Kick and decides to retire...
    Left high kick KO and then he jumps on to Chandela and rides off into the sunset

FlashinLeather

Left high kick KO and then he jumps on to Chandela and rides off into the sunset
    My assumption is that after Gonzaga hit him with the Left High Kick CroCop knew what it felt like and vowed to never do it again

Birdman126
    Birdman126's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would like to say cro cop, but he has let me down the last couple of fights.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

are you saying CroCop was never that good? Because I would join you, troll arm in arm in saying that you are 100% correct, he is overrated.

I'll join the Cro-Cop was overrated club! Unfortunately, Schaub will be a big favourite in this one as Cro-Cop is hardly a step up from Gonzaga. As long as he doesn't pull a Pat Barry he should take this comfortably!

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Yea. I always felt he was way overrated. I love pride. The fights were great and exciting. But the best fighters didn't always face each other. Kevin Randell man faked a shot and ko'd him with one crushing left hook. I don't remember what year, but I knew then he was a lot of hype. Pride didn't have the greatest heavyweights.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Yea. I always felt he was way overrated. I love pride. The fights were great and exciting. But the best fighters didn't always face each other. Kevin Randell man faked a shot and ko'd him with one crushing left hook. I don't remember what year, but I knew then he was a lot of hype. Pride didn't have the greatest heavyweights.
    True, lots of people don't even care if the best fight the best, they just want to be entertained. Nothing wrong with that, different strokes for different folks.

K-1 fighters seem to get a healthy dose of overrating, just something I noticed. Surely I'm not the only person who remembers Bob Sapp destroying Hoost on multiple occasions.

If Sapp came in and destroyed the champion of the sport I cherished, I think I would die from shame.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cro Cop!!!!

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman126 View Post
    I would like to say cro cop, but he has let me down the last couple of fights.
    agreed. cro cop is awful. and the ufc has really exposed his hype.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I like Schaub to win this fight 3/4 times. He's younger, hungrier, and applies the pressure needed to throw CC off his game.
    Outside of a KO or bad decision, it's hard for me to see Mirko winning this.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    I don't understand when fighters are passed their prime.
    Agreed.

Pratik
    Pratik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4037

Schaub hes faster, younger, and much more athletic. Cro Cop is now all talk and hes just doing it for a paycheck he really doesnt want to fight. He'll lose again and that should be the end of him. Hes too gun shy now barley strikes.... hes not what he was. Schaub will be pretty big favorite too i bet.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Schaub for me.

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Cro Cop is done. Almost got koed by Pat Barry. Schaub is a smarter fighter than Cro Cop, who will most likely look for the one strike to put away schaub. Plus Cro Cop just looks sluggish nowadays and moves like he is in slow motion.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

yea crocop looks worse and worse every time he fights.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I think it's good Cro Cop is getting somebody who is going to pressure him, unlike Mir.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Quote Originally Posted by robotralph View Post
    Cro Cop is done. Almost got koed by Pat Barry. Schaub is a smarter fighter than Cro Cop, who will most likely look for the one strike to put away schaub. Plus Cro Cop just looks sluggish nowadays and moves like he is in slow motion.
    Ive bean a fan of cro cop sence pride alwase loved to see him fight but sadly he has looked week sence he came to the UFC but i may take him with a good line probly just a emotional bet though.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully Schuab KO's CC in the first round and CC decides to cut 6 pounds to make it to LHW.

FlashinLeather

MMA Notable Wins
    - Wanderlie Silva, Josh Barnette (3x), Mark Coleman, Kevin Ranlelman, Aleksander Emelianenko, and he fought Fedor to a decision...

K1 Notable Wins
    - Jérôme Le Banner, Peter Aerts, Mark Hunt, Remy Bonjasky, and finished runner up to Ernesto Hoost at K1 GP in 1999

He didn't fight all all stars in Pride or UFC but he does have some big names that he has taken down and up until lately always put on a very exciting fight, having some of the greatest knockouts of all time on his highlight real. So stop with the hate and enjoy the video.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Looks like Schaub came out at Evens on 5dimes/Sportbet and now at -300! Missed it FML!

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by vaughany View Post
    looks like schaub came out at evens on 5dimes/sportbet and now at -300! Missed it fml!
    **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** !!!!!!!!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

3/8/11 11:30am $100.00 $100.00 Pending 3/19/11 9:10pm UFC Fighting 1501 Brendan Schaub +100* vs Mirko Filipovic

/end gloat

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    3/8/11 11:30am $100.00 $100.00 Pending 3/19/11 9:10pm UFC Fighting 1501 Brendan Schaub +100* vs Mirko Filipovic

/end gloat
    Was $100 max bet? Should of nailed it as much as possible all way down to -200 range. Easiest arb opportunity since Stephens came out as dog against Davis!

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Wow I'm jealous of that +100 Schaub line. Why can't I ever get in on these early openings... damn you early lunch!

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

I do really like Jim Miller at -215, so I'm making a big play there.

Does anyone see value in Wineland if he hits +300? Faber is getting pounded.
    Last edited by sirchadwick1; 03-08-11 at 11:52 AM.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Was $100 max bet? Should of nailed it as much as possible all way down to -200 range. Easiest arb opportunity since Stephens came out as dog against Davis!
    $100 is the max. They also only let you bet after the line changes again. I'm sure you'd be able to get in at least 3 bets up to -200 though.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    $100 is my max there, only $50 on reduced lines.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    I do really like Jim Miller at -215, so I'm making a big play there.

Does anyone see value in Wineland if he hits +300? Faber is getting pounded.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lines got better on both of those.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Damnit what time did they come out?

12 Last