Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

Excellent, under the radar boxing match tonight

...on ESPN2 Friday Night Fights. Two undefeated fighters with great amateur backgrounds in the main event. Ukranian Ismayl Syllakh 14 (12)-0 takes on Cuban defector Yordanis Despaigne 8(4)-0. Syllakh put together an amateur record of 302-16 while Despaine took out a lot of well known pros as an amateur, including current light heavyweight title holder Jean Pascal.

Sillakh is a tall, highly polished fighter who throws with power and volume. Despaigne is massive for a light heavyweight. He doesn't have a lot of power, but he's got a very quick jab, a good left hook, and a tough chin.

Two excellent prospects going head to head on free tv, definitely worth checking out.

boxing122
    boxing122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

I'm watching

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Living up to the hype so far. Great action fight. Despaigne needs to step it up to win.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Good fight up until Syllakh started running once he got up big on the cards. UD win for the Ukranian.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

just caught it also

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

some good boxing cappers here at sbr

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

the black russian is gonna be a player at lt heavy...nice boxer/puncher who can make you pay...you can`t walk him down carelessly...he can punch....

and he has height...

if his chin holds up,he`ll make some noise....

despaigne caught a boxing lesson...

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    the black russian is gonna be a player at lt heavy...nice boxer/puncher who can make you pay...you can`t walk him down carelessly...he can punch....

and he has height...

if his chin holds up,he`ll make some noise....

despaigne caught a boxing lesson...
    I basically agree with this, but the running pissed me off and I think Sillakh made a huge mistake by not trying to finish the Cuban off when he was hurt in rounds 2 and 3. If he doesn't learn to finish he'll eventually have a guy come back from the brink and give him hell in the late rounds.