rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

not much discussion on evangelista /masvidal

i think this fight has real potential...actually the whole main card is solid,imo....

feijao/hendo is a great match-up...many of this forum`s top cappers think feijao is a very live dog here...

evangelista/masvidal has the potential to be a great stand-up war...masvidal with height and power while evangelista might be the better technical striker...

coenen/carmouche looks like a classic striker/grappler match -up..ditto kennedy/manhoef....kennedy is a real top notch fighter,imo...a tough out for anybody...

like to hear some opinions on evangelista/masvidal if anybody has an opinion...really looking forward to this one...

1nce
    1nce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I think Masvidal will pick Evangelista apart for three full rounds, though i don't see him inflicting much damage but he'll score the points using mostly his jab. Masvidal's standup is a level ahead of Evangelista's and I'm not impressed by Evangelista's wrestling either, should he try to take it to the mat I think he'll have a hard time scoring the takedown. Masvidal is very calm and methodical in his striking, a bit like Kampmann and that type of style doesen't leave much openings for bullrush takedowns (see yesterdays fight). Conclusion:

8/10u on Masvidal -123

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

It will probably be a stand up battle. If Masvidal got the TD I could see him maybe keeping Evangelista on the matt, although I've never seen evangelista on his back before

Masvidal is just the far more proven competitor IMO, we know he's not great but he held his own striking against Nam Phan and actually took him down and passed guard I think once or twice. He's just done better against better competition and I haven't been really impressed about any of Evangelista's wins.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I do think if Evangelista uses the clinch and tires Masvidal with knees it could lead to the TD and him winning this fight. That is really the only rout for success I see for him though

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I wanna see what happens with melvin. He might not have much of an mma career if he is a quick sub or ko.