kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

the bisping knee

Aren't we to the point where these guys are gonna stop throwing knees like they spent their whole career in pride? Semtex and Bisping both holding grudges and both throwing the illegal knee.

It's stupid and you can tell Rivera was ****** up afterwards. D ******* Q

didn't even bet on that shit but that's stupid

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

If he didn't throw that knee he was about to KO rivera in the 1st round, so it really only bought him time. He got penalized a point and that is enough of a penalty, no need for a DQ.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    If he didn't throw that knee he was about to KO rivera in the 1st round, so it really only bought him time. He got penalized a point and that is enough of a penalty, no need for a DQ.
    I disagree. That knee took a lot out of Jorge. He looked good before that.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rivera looked better after the knee than he did before. He came out throwing hard. I personally think he milked it. All he had to do to screw over Bisping was say he couldn't continue.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

Not really the point. The point is it was a knee to the face at full power with both of Rivera's knees on the ground and regardless of Rivera's shit performance beforehand there is no question it affected his game after.

Nobody takes a shot like that and gets up without the haziness and pain that comes with it

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

knees and kicks on the ground should be legal like in japan and elbows on ground illegal imo. or make em both legal fuk it. but yeah jorge rocked bisping after the knee, so not sure what to make of it. jorge was easier to take down than snookis pants

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Great post by Phil Baroni about Bisping/Rivera from the UG...agree with him totally, refreshing to see tht some people and fighters have some common sense...!..

Bisping kicked Rivera's ass, after a bad blood, bitter rival prefight campain instigated by Rivera and his camp. Why does Mike have to kiss and make up with Rivera after he smashes him? WTF? WHY?

Mike beat his ass broke him physically and even more mentally. Case closed. They had annomisity and hatred for each other prefight.

If you want to talk shit prefight, insult, make videos, ect in order to promote YOURSELF the fight or what ever thats your choice.

But after the guy kicks your ass he dont have to be you be your best friend and hug it out with you. Dont expect it to be water under the bridge esp after a one sided affair.

Mike deserves a congratulations for stopping Rivera, putting him in his place, and beating a good fighter with alot of mommentum.

Mike came to fight and got the victory with ease.

Mike took care of his business and and deserves credit for fighting really good last night.

I have taken a few hard illegal blows in fights. Shamrock hit me behind the head and Amar Suloeve kneed me in the head while I was on the ground. One of those fights I was able to come back and win and the other I lost.

I never brought up the foul as an excuse for my loss.

I also was kicked and pushed while after being chocked unconsious by an opponent.

I never bitched about it. We had bad blood going into the fight and **** it I lost. To the victor goes the spoils. He beat me and that dont mean he has to be my friend after doing so.

It is what it is, alot is riding on these fights and emotions take over especially when bad blood is involved.

Because you compete against somebody does not mean you have to be his friend, Bro out with him and forgive and forget after the fight.

This is my opinion on the subject. You dont have to agree, your entitled to your own views.

Its a fight and at the end of the day Its A ******* FIGHT!

NYBA

PhilB

kiefynugs
    Update your status

Bisping was getting the better of Rivera that entire fight and would've won it without throwing the knee, but he threw it. Don't give me some BS about how its a gut reaction like he trains to knee grounded opponents. That's flagrant and it's even more obvious with all the bad blood.

Every time I start to like Bisping he goes and ***** it up... doesn't affect my betting on the guy but he's a real dumbass.

PS isn't it kind of stupid to censor profanities on a gambling forum? It's already 18+ right?

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post

PS isn't it kind of stupid to censor profanities on a gambling forum? It's already 18+ right?
    **** yeah!

Meanwhile this place is a Nazi playground. I don't get it

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

No one is denying that he doesnt have to "make-up" after the fight. But that doesnt change the fact that he INTENTIONALLY delivered an illegal knee to a guy who was on all 4's and was nowhere close to attempting to get up. And then he spits on the guys corner after the fight? Please dont tell me there are ppl actually defending his actions...the guy is a dirtbag, always has been and this exemplifies it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    No one is denying that he doesnt have to "make-up" after the fight. But that doesnt change the fact that he INTENTIONALLY delivered an illegal knee to a guy who was on all 4's and was nowhere close to attempting to get up. And then he spits on the guys corner after the fight? Please dont tell me there are ppl actually defending his actions...the guy is a dirtbag, always has been and this exemplifies it.
    Undoubtedly Bisping can be an absolute wa**ker and I dont doubt tht he knew what he was doing at tht moment when he delivered the knee...he clearly has a few screws lose, u could tell tht from the TUF when he out of nowhere splurted tht water at DaMarques Johnson! But if all the shit talk tht Rivera did did acutally effect him, which it clearly did, then I cant blame him for getting so riled at tht moment..some people get overly emotional about things. Bisping has said tht his kid was actually gettin the piss takin out of him at his school from other kids tht had seen the videos...I know tht tht would be enough for me to lose it and have a severe hatred for the guys like Mark Phinney (who is clearly a massive douche as well) who caused it. Although what Bisping did was defintely wrong, I'd be lying if I said that I havnt rubbed it in somebodies face before, after proving them wrong, allbeit I wouldnt go as far as spitting at them which as u say is a dirtbag thing to do and shows tht Bisping isnt as "professional" as he likes to make out!

The whole thing is a big shame because it completely detracts from the fact that Bisping finished the fight, and more signifcantly, the likes of Bisping and Semtex are making UK fighters look like total bitter, dirty douchebags! Guys like Hathaway, Pearson and Pickett are the complete opposite personalities to tht tho.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 02-28-11 at 06:40 AM.

Poppa Catfish

Clearly Bisping is garden variety dirt bag, the kind that can be found in any bar in Northern California. If you go up and provoke one of these guys you will get similar treatment.

The take home message is Rivera got what he was asking for, and Bisping further cemented that he is a low life. I don't think what Rivera did was really that bad to be honest, but if you play that kind of game with those kind of people you might just find yourself getting kneed in the head

or worse

Poppa Catfish

it doesn't excuse it, but it is what it is

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Clearly Bisping is garden variety dirt bag, the kind that can be found in any bar in Northern California. If you go up and provoke one of these guys you will get similar treatment.

The take home message is Rivera got what he was asking for, and Bisping further cemented that he is a low life. I don't think what Rivera did was really that bad to be honest, but if you play that kind of game with those kind of people you might just find yourself getting kneed in the head

or worse
    ha yeah, it's like with Dan Hardy's sh*t talk of Marcus Davis, tht was pretty similar except there was the whole photoshopping on the UG and mocking of Davis' Irish heritage gimmick. But with Davis he is experienced, reasonably intelligent, professional and not a hot-head like Bisping so you know tht he isnt going to go ape shit after a fight and do a Semtex or Bisping sucker-move...same with Hughes and Matt Serra. But with a guy like Bisping ur playin a very risk game when doing sh*t talk!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i don`t put much emphasis on "who is a dirt bag"..."who`s a nice guy"..."who has class"..."who`s cool"......

i`ll leave that to the teenagers at sherdog/mma junkie and mmaweekly.....imo,bisping was gonna whack an overmatched rivera at some point...rivera was in there to lose and anything short of a hail mary wasn`t gonna get it it vs bisping....

he was fighting a guy that was younger,quicker,much more talented and well rounded...

i guess he figured that by provoking bisping,he could lure him into a stand-up war...which was his only chance at winning...

well,he did that,but it still didn`t work...i give kudos to rivera for trying to turn things psychologocally in his favor...it was sound strategy..

but in the end he was overmatched...and whether they`re friends or enemies or butt buddies...it`s just not very high on my list of priorities in life...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    i don`t put much emphasis on "who is a dirt bag"..."who`s a nice guy"..."who has class"..."who`s cool"......

i`ll leave that to the teenagers at sherdog/mma junkie and mmaweekly.....imo,bisping was gonna whack an overmatched rivera at some point...rivera was in there to lose and anything short of a hail mary wasn`t gonna get it it vs bisping....

he was fighting a guy that was younger,quicker,much more talented and well rounded...

i guess he figured that by provoking bisping,he could lure him into a stand-up war...which was his only chance at winning...

well,he did that,but it still didn`t work...i give kudos to rivera for trying to turn things psychologocally in his favor...it was sound strategy..

but in the end he was overmatched...and whether they`re friends or enemies or butt buddies...it`s just not very high on my list of priorities in life...
    ha yeah and as a degenerate gambler I couldn't really give two sh*ts who is the good guy or bad guy!

But I do find this new psychological warfare approach that is becoming more frequent in build-up to fights interesting! It's all well and good trying to goad Bisping in to not being elusive and back-pedalling but instead to come forward and brawl (which was surely the intention, as well as to just get more attention on the fight of course), but when u r a fighter like Rivera who lacks the counter-punching ability, head-movement, footwork and cardio to make it work it sort of defeats the object IMO. It worked for Dan Hardy against Marcus Davis because he is a decent counter puncher and due to capitalising on Davis' inferior cardio and anxiousness was able to get a takedown in third round which led to him cuttin Davis open, Rivera had no intention of using Bisping's over zealousness as an opening for takedown opportunities. Perhaps Rivera knew this and the main reason for the shit-talk was just to hype the fight and get more viewers, but was that worth gettin dominated and looking like a douche after, rather than just gettin dominated!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 02-28-11 at 08:15 AM.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    I disagree. That knee took a lot out of Jorge. He looked good before that.
    Seriously? It looked to me that he was about to KO him right then if he didn't throw the knee.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-13-15 at 04:27 PM. Reason: image does not exist