FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Will the UFC address draws now?

After two high profile fights ending in a draw (Fitch vs Penn and Maynard vs Edgar) will the UFC do something to address draws, either adding a round (much like TUF and Kickboxing) or adding a tie break judge

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

No they wont they would have done it by now. draws been going on for a while i dont like em.
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 02-26-11 at 11:39 PM.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Some people here will be happy with it because I saw some post that they took the +5000 draw prop.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

the ufc doesn't control the judging in any way so....no. They won't add a round either.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

they're not gettin a cent from me after this night of bullshit judging.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

An extra round or judge doesn't fix the "problem". The 4th judge could score it a draw as well. The extra round could be another draw. And a 6th round could be disastrous.

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

draws are bullshit.. shouldnt of even been played

FlashinLeather

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    the ufc doesn't control the judging in any way so....no. They won't add a round either.
    What the UFC does do is go around the United States and rest of the world to get MMA sanctioned, so they do have some say in the rules, much like they choose to have elbows on the ground or not (see strikeforce). If the UFC really wanted to address the issues of breaking a draw i'm pretty sure that they could put in place some kind of system to do so.

FlashinLeather

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    An extra round or judge doesn't fix the "problem". The 4th judge could score it a draw as well. The extra round could be another draw. And a 6th round could be disastrous.
    The 4th judge would not have to score the fight round by round but could look at the fight as a whole in order to decide on the winner. Almost every major sport has something in place as a tie breaker why not MMA?

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont mind draws, shit rarely happens anyways.sometimes its just that close. extra round wud b sweet tho

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC wont do anything. They make more money off draws for the most part. Also with all the rules they have it would be hard to add a round or a judge without changing what the sport is. The UFC already has a predetermined outline they've made and it would be hard to change it with the commissions accepting the changes.

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Less than 1% of all UFC fights have ended in a draw. That being said, as judges wake up and start awarding 10-8 rounds, we're going to start seeing more of them.

I have no problem with draws as long as it's the right call.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i never liked even rounds in boxing...imo,it`s a judging cop-out...

if you really want to avoid draws,just add a stipultion to the rule book that states that no rounds will be scored even...probably should be implemented in all combat sports...makes the judges earn their money....maybe they`ll pay closer attention...

inform the commissions that sanction ufc fights that they have a rule change....
    i seriously doubt that state commissions are gonna boycott the "cash cow" ufc over such a rule change....

you could still have draws...but it should diminish the possibility even more...

just a thought..

and btw...imo,takedowns(without significant damage done) get waaaayyy to much weight in the ufc...so many fights seem to be scored on takedowns...it gives wrestlers too much of an advantage over guys that actually engage...

don`t get me wrong...takedowns should be a part of mma..it`s a huge advantage to have a guy on his back.....but,with all dana`s crying about lack of action in fights,trying to mitigate the value of takedowns that result in no significant action,might change the mindset that most judges have....and that is that takedowns seem to hold too much sway over scoring.....

just my opinion...

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    they're not gettin a cent from me after this night of bullshit judging.
    Hey man. You are definitely in the wrong here. The athletic commissions are who hire the judges and refs, NOT UFC. This is a huge problem in MMA. Get with the program...

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

i feel like atheltic comisson people dont really even follow mma, you need fans in there

NickTheGrip
    NickTheGrip's Avatar Become A Pro!

draws are part of the game. It would be nice to see an extension round for main card fights though.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    i never liked even rounds in boxing...imo,it`s a judging cop-out...

if you really want to avoid draws,just add a stipultion to the rule book that states that no rounds will be scored even...probably should be implemented in all combat sports...makes the judges earn their money....maybe they`ll pay closer attention...
    How are the judges supposed to decide which fighter gets the round if they think it was an even round?

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

All draws and split decisions from here on out should be counted as Nick Ring victories

I think draws aren't called enough, to be honest. Plenty of fights where neither fighter really did that much, I don't want them to flip a coin. A victory should mean something

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I think I just need to be putting a half unit or so down on the draw for some of these more competitive fights. I never bet the draw and it's screwed me several times

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Some people here will be happy with it because I saw some post that they took the +5000 draw prop.
    which book was this?

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

More draws = less robberies

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    which book was this?
    It was me who played the Penn/Fitch draw, +5500 at 5Dimes.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    All draws and split decisions from here on out should be counted as Nick Ring victories

I think draws aren't called enough, to be honest. Plenty of fights where neither fighter really did that much, I don't want them to flip a coin. A victory should mean something
    Yeah I agree, draws happen all the time in soccer and nobody bats and eyelid...I'd much rather see a fight declared a draw than the Ring/Fukuda atrocity the other night.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Its hardwired into us Americans for some reason, the feeling that draws are some terrible shitty thing. We dread it, and I don't know why. We have silly rules in our Football where the game boils down to who can drive the field a few yards and kick a field goal, and in baseball they will play a good 8-10 hours if need be just to get a winner.

so in honor of our great sport Football (or hand egg to you Europeans) I propose another rule, that winner of matches that are deemed to be draws within regulation time, will be decided by best 2-3 thumb wrestling matches.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Its hardwired into us Americans for some reason, the feeling that draws are some terrible shitty thing. We dread it, and I don't know why. We have silly rules in our Football where the game boils down to who can drive the field a few yards and kick a field goal, and in baseball they will play a good 8-10 hours if need be just to get a winner.

so in honor of our great sport Football (or hand egg to you Europeans) I propose another rule, that winner of matches that are deemed to be draws within regulation time, will be decided by best 2-3 thumb wrestling matches.
    ha yes, guess it the "Lombardi" theory engrained in American sport.

FlashinLeather

Its about money for me...If its a draw i loose for sure, if someone wins it's only a good chance that i loose