Whitee
    Whitee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whitee's UFC: 127 Picks (Singles & Prelays) + Thoughts

Should be a good event With Penn vs. Fitch as the main Fight. The main card also has some promising fights with some good bangers like Chris Lytle, Jorge Rivera, and potentially Spencer Fisher.

Singles
    BJ "The Prodigy" Penn +155

BJ is coming off a huge win vs. Matt Hughes. He has switched his training up for this fight, and added Mayweather Sr. as a coach for his boxing. Fitch is training at BJ's previous camp which in my eyes can give Penn an advantage. Fitch has recently switched his diet to Vegan, so he will be walking around at a much lower weight than before. Penn has been fighting in the lightweight division for most of his career having to cut weight, and this is his 2nd fight in the welterweight division, but he says that he feels comfortable in this division and he does not have to cut weight. I feel that this will most likely be Penn's last run at a title before potentially hanging up the gloves, and he is going to make it a pretty good one!

Jorge "El Conquistador" Rivera +250
    Bisping seems to impress me less and less with each fight, and it seem like Jorge Rivera is the one wanting this fight more. Rivera is coming off 3 straight wins, while Bisping has only won 2 straight (both went to a decision) loosing to Wanderlei Silva before that. On paper, and everywhere else, Rivera is a huge underdog but this fight going to Rivera is close to my heart as I hate Bisping, and his last 6 fight performances have been the worst of his career. Rivera still has a chance, and it might be a good one if he keeps up with Bisping's pace, utilizes his hands, and closes the distance like Dan Handerson did.

Spencer "The King" Fisher +160

Fisher seems to be less of an underdog than i thought would be in this fight. Ross Pearson is the newer to the UFC coming of a loss to Cole Miller. Fisher is a veteran coming off a win, and I think this fight is going to be closer than people portray it to be with Fisher pushing the action and being the aggressor. Nothing more i can say about this one, except here is another for the underdogs.

Parlays
    Chris "Lights Out" Lytle -270

Brian Ebersole is coming in for Carlos Condit due to Injury, and hes never faught in the UFC before but has an impressive record of 46-14-1 vs. Lytle's 30-17-5. Lytle is a veteran and I still think he will be able to get a win over the UFC newcomer.

George Sotiropoulos -515
    This one is a no brainer. Sotiropoulos is a beast winning his last 8 fights. The event is in Australia and he will more than likely put on a dominant performance for his home crowd to take the win against Dennis Silver.

Tell me what you guys think, lets get a discussion going.
    Good luck to all the players!
    Last edited by Whitee; 02-25-11 at 02:26 AM.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think theres no value on sotiropoulos. if anything there might be some value on siver. siver has a decent chance standing with sotiropoulos and george isnt exactly known for his ability to take fights to the ground (his jits is awesome when hes on his back). if anything, i think it's either siver or no bet.

otherwise, i love the bj, jorge, and lytle pick.

good luck!

Whitee

yeah now that i am reading up on it more and more, many people are saying Siver has a very good chance. I watched almost all of Sotiropoulos fights but only Silver's last fight. it might be way closer than i think but iunno, i still think Sotiropoulos can still pull it off but now you are making me consider... hard lol.

thanks and GL to you too!

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    i think theres no value on sotiropoulos. if anything there might be some value on siver. siver has a decent chance standing with sotiropoulos and george isnt exactly known for his ability to take fights to the ground (his jits is awesome when hes on his back). if anything, i think it's either siver or no bet.

otherwise, i love the bj, jorge, and lytle pick.

good luck!
    if george really tries to stand and land strikes on siver he is going to get KTFO real quick.

This is just another one of those fights that is all about the TD, which GSot should be able to get. But make no mistake, Siver packs a shitload of power and speed and will find George's jaw if George can't get him to the ground.
    Last edited by kiefynugs; 02-25-11 at 05:39 AM.

Whitee

Agreed. It either ends early or with a win for Silver or Later on for George. I Do not really see a KO for George.

Whitee

I also heard that the recent Staph infection that Bisping was dealing with was more serious than people thought it was. It almost almost caused Bisping to pull out of the fight just a few weeks ago.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Whitee View Post
    I also heard that the recent Staph infection that Bisping was dealing with was more serious than people thought it was. It almost almost caused Bisping to pull out of the fight just a few weeks ago.
    It was the second week in to his camp and he was doing his blogs then and was still training, and it healed up after 4 days of anti-biotics. Just set him back a bit but I dont think it will effect him that much. His weight is on point as his latest blog shows, if he was struggling with his weight-cut then tht would be the best indicatator of the staph having a prolonged effect on him.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Line shopping is so important. Every single one of these bets can be had at significantly better lines.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I like it!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Line shopping is so important. Every single one of these bets can be had at significantly better lines.
    I agree, GSot at -515 is crazy!

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

This has been said but damn...you got Penn, Rivera, & G-Sot at horrible prices. Good luck, though.

Whitee

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Agreed. Thanks for the input for now i only keep it at bodog don't have too much time to look around

tat1980
    tat1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

Should be a good event With Penn vs. Fitch as the main Fight. The main card also has some promising fights with some good bangers like Chris Lytle, Jorge Rivera, and potentially Spencer Fisher.

Singles
    BJ "The Prodigy" Penn +155
    BJ is coming off a huge win vs. Matt Hughes. He has switched his training up for this fight, and added Mayweather Sr. as a coach for his boxing. Fitch is training at BJ's previous camp which in my eyes can give Penn an advantage. Fitch has recently switched his diet to Vegan, so he will be walking around at a much lower weight than before. Penn has been fighting in the lightweight division for most of his career having to cut weight, and this is his 2nd fight in the welterweight division, but he says that he feels comfortable in this division and he does not have to cut weight. I feel that this will most likely be Penn's last run at a title before potentially hanging up the gloves, and he is going to make it a pretty good one!

Jorge "El Conquistador" Rivera +250
    Bisping seems to impress me less and less with each fight, and it seem like Jorge Rivera is the one wanting this fight more. Rivera is coming off 3 straight wins, while Bisping has only won 2 straight (both went to a decision) loosing to Wanderlei Silva before that. On paper, and everywhere else, Rivera is a huge underdog but this fight going to Rivera is close to my heart as I hate Bisping, and his last 6 fight performances have been the worst of his career. Rivera still has a chance, and it might be a good one if he keeps up with Bisping's pace, utilizes his hands, and closes the distance like Dan Handerson did.

Spencer "The King" Fisher +160
    Fisher seems to be less of an underdog than i thought would be in this fight. Ross Pearson is the newer to the UFC coming of a loss to Cole Miller. Fisher is a veteran coming off a win, and I think this fight is going to be closer than people portray it to be with Fisher pushing the action and being the aggressor. Nothing more i can say about this one, except here is another for the underdogs.

Parlays
    Chris "Lights Out" Lytle -270
    Brian Ebersole is coming in for Carlos Condit due to Injury, and hes never faught in the UFC before but has an impressive record of 46-14-1 vs. Lytle's 30-17-5. Lytle is a veteran and I still think he will be able to get a win over the UFC newcomer.

George Sotiropoulos -515
    This one is a no brainer. Sotiropoulos is a beast winning his last 8 fights. The event is in Australia and he will more than likely put on a dominant performance for his home crowd to take the win against Dennis Silver.

I see no way Penn wins this fight except for a 1st rd ko. But
    Fitch has not been stopped in like 7 yrs. Fitch uses his outstanding wrestling, technique, heart & stamina to grind out an easy UD and send Penn into a post fight press conference rant on how he is going to retire.

Whitee

Quote Originally Posted by tat1980 View Post
    I see no way Penn wins this fight except for a 1st rd ko. But
    Fitch has not been stopped in like 7 yrs. Fitch uses his outstanding wrestling, technique, heart & stamina to grind out an easy UD and send Penn into a post fight press conference rant on how he is going to retire.
    LOL maybe but we will see. i really think that penn will make a good run for it.

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

There is good value in Bj Penn but more realistically I see Fitch taking him down and controlling the fight for 3 rounds to cruise to another UD.

I do like your Rivera pick though...

Bisping may be the more techincal, sharper fighter but Rivera comes to fight every time and lays it all out on the line...

I can easily see him catching Bisping with a bomb for the KO/TKO

Whitee

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhissatva View Post
    There is good value in Bj Penn but more realistically I see Fitch taking him down and controlling the fight for 3 rounds to cruise to another UD.

I do like your Rivera pick though...

Bisping may be the more techincal, sharper fighter but Rivera comes to fight every time and lays it all out on the line...

I can easily see him catching Bisping with a bomb for the KO/TKO
    agreed. Bisping has not be so sharp in the last few fights and again has been dealing with a lot, and Rivera has good hands and comes to fight every fight.

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

agreed. Bisping has not be so sharp in the last few fights and again has been dealing with a lot, and Rivera has good hands and comes to fight every fight.
    At the same time thought...Bj Penn is difficult to take down and his striking is vastly superior to Fitch. If Bj is able to win the first two rounds before gassing completely I can see him winning a MD, or SD.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

if you do like Rivera, why wouldnt you get the +345 Rivera wins inside the distance prop at bodog?? He is not going to grind out a decision..if he wins, it will be via tko. More bang for your buck.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    if you do like Rivera, why wouldnt you get the +345 Rivera wins inside the distance prop at bodog?? He is not going to grind out a decision..if he wins, it will be via tko. More bang for your buck.
    yeah pretty much everyone did this for rampage machida though and got screwed by the dec. Remember that BS?

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

of course, but machida should have won that fight IMO...thats the difference. Any bet on Rampage (tko or otherwise) should have lost.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fitch will control Penn. UD victory. Like the other picks though.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

sotir has the advantage on the feet and on the ground.
    fitch should win unless bj can keep the fight on the feet.then its bj finishing the fight quickly.
    bisping has the advantage on the feet and if it goes to the ground.
    lytle has a huge advantage on the feet.
    Ross will finish fisher.

Whitee

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    Fitch will control Penn. UD victory. Like the other picks though.
    thank you thank you. Good luck for the plays.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Agreed. Thanks for the input for now i only keep it at bodog don't have too much time to look around
    Better use of time: getting better prices on wagers or posting on a betting forum?

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

good picks, but soutiropolous is not worth it.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    Better use of time: getting better prices on wagers or posting on a betting forum?

Whitee

posting didn't take that long, plus if i look for better prices im gonna have to sign up, deposit, etc.

Whitee

posting didn't take that long, plus if i look for better prices im gonna have to sign up, deposit, etc.

Whitee

Damn Fisher choked lol. at least he did push the fight.

Whitee

Looks like Lytle is a goner too. Not a good start...

Whitee

Looks like Lytle is a goner too. Not a good start...
    Bad night overall. lol the only good thing was a Push with BJ which was bad LOL!

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Unreal.