rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

that was a great night of fights...

5 finishes in action packed fights...and a big upset(odds-wise) in a great action packed finale...

all finishes...some brutal....submissions...violent k.o.`s....

dana would be proud.....i loved it....

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

very sad to see the greatest fighter of all time go out like that

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

fedor took a beating .thats it for him unless he cuts down to 205 which is easy for him.

pdprodigy
    pdprodigy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I can't believe that just happened..apparently not even Emilianenko can get away with wearing those shorts.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

I don't get this concentration on finishes.

For me they are the cherry on the sundae, not necessary but a nice way to cap a great fight. The Frank Mir fight vs Crocop didn't become some great (or even non-god awful) fight because there was a finish. The Edgar vs Maynard fight wasn't an average fight because of the lack of a finish, or even a winner. But that is just me

Anyways great night of fights, Fedor fight had me captivated, and there were some really promising performances by Cholish and De La mixed in there. Big Foot looks like a force to be reckoned with, and Sergei looks alright, though I'm not sold that he can really threaten Silva, mr Doom, or Overeem. Very amateurish on the production side, but that is just a minor thing. Turned out great, very good show.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post

For me they are the cherry on the sundae, not necessary but a nice way to cap a great fight. The Frank Mir fight vs Crocop didn't become some great (or even non-god awful) fight because there was a finish. The Edgar vs Maynard fight wasn't an average fight because of the lack of a finish, or even a winner. But that is just me

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post

Anyways great night of fights, Fedor fight had me captivated, and there were some really promising performances by Cholish and De La mixed in there. Big Foot looks like a force to be reckoned with, and Sergei looks alright, though I'm not sold that he can really threaten Silva, mr Doom, or Overeem. Very amateurish on the production side, but that is just a minor thing. Turned out great, very good show.

honestly,i don`t either....a good fight is a good fight regardless of how it ends......i was paraphrasing dana white...."don`t leave it in the judges hands"......

he`s like a broken record....shuffle forward,and try and be as violent as possible...

well dana,you should have loved this card....it wasn`t just mindless,wild violence(with the exception of griggs,who`s technique was about as amateurish as it gets.....villante froze when griggs applied the heat....a more experienced fighter would have pole-axed griggs..mark my words,his days are numbered).....

that`s dana`s fricking mantra...i have to think if this were a ufc card,he`d be be crowing .......and justifiably so....

thorougly enjoyed the card...

now....overeem vs cain velasquez....even money...who do you take?...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 02-13-11 at 06:18 AM.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Great show last night. Dana would be gloating on every channel. But DW is very happy Fedor is done. He doesn't even have to worry about that anymore. This was one of the best shows I ever seen live.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

I take Cain and thank my lucky stars for such a great line.

Griggs is terrible, vegas knows Griggs is terrible, hell Griggs even knows that Griggs is terrible. The great thing is he has just beat two prospects and ruined their "meteoric rise." I'll be rooting for this tough uncoordinated and not so skilled fighter to ruin a third prospect, hoping somehow it is Shane. That would be hilarious, and not very probable.