GoGoGadget
    GoGoGadget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3088

Help with over under round betting.

I bet under 2.5 rounds in the Souza Lawler fight, it ended 2 minutes into the round and it was graded a loss.

I though I had until 2 minutes 30 seconds into the 3rd round.

They sent me this lol

I have checked your bet id , and I would like to let you know that it has correctly been settled as lost because it was offered for total rounds to be under 2.5, and since the third round has started. This is why the bet will remain lost.

whats the deal here?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

the under 2.5 was a winner

GoGoGadget

I have an update and need help. So as you can see from above, I had bet on under 2.5 but they said since it went into the 3rd its a loser. This bet was a while ago.

They wouldn't reverse it, so now it is apparent that they grade over under 2.5 the same as will the fight start the 3rd round.

Fast forward to the fight last week of Nelson vs Crocop, I bet over 2.5 and it ended in the start of the third round the same as my prior bet and it was marked as a loss aswell. Here is a quote they sent me from the original under 2.5 bet

"Our records indicate you bet on <2.5 at odds of 1.83. However, the result was >2.5. This means that the bet is losing, unfortunately.
    As advised, we chose the number of 2.5 as to make sure that all bets would be winning if there were only two rounds in the game. If we chose the number of 2, we would need to cancel the bets in case the fight lasted for two rounds only."

I have all of the back and forth email from these two occasions and I am pissed.

On this new incident they said the fight ended before the 3rd round so thats why it lost, but then I sent them results from several websites quoting the fight ended at 1:30 of the third round. So after this they tell me my bet has been resettled as a win.
    I go to check and it was never settled as a win, but instead canceled. quote

"I am sending you this e-mail in regards to your bet on Filipovic M. v Nelson R. [Total Rounds] from the combo bet 129481904. This bet was cancelled by our bookmakers as the fight was suspended in the 3rd round."
    "I'd like to inform you that the bet in question Filipovic M. v Nelson R. [Total Rounds] will remain cancelled. You may have been informed otherwise before, but this was because of the air of uncertainty regarding the settlement of the bet as there weren't full 3 rounds played. In the end our bookmakers decided that the bet will be cancelled for all players."

This is BS both fights had the same result and I bet on under 2.5 in one case and over 2.5 in the other and neither won.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Firstly what company is this? Secondly you need to report it to SBR and have them look in to it....clearly something dodgy

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Question: What book is this and why are you still playing there?

edit: ahh.. it was partybets?

GoGoGadget

I just submitted a complaint, it's partybets. It seems they don't have any clue what they are grading and don't stick to what they say. I mean it's nice for them to have a result which they never lose on apparently.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Partybets has some decent props here and there, but the lines suck. You should get a new book. Also you shouldn't have given up last time. Your bet was clearly a winner. Like Vaughany has said fill out that complaint with SBR. Obviously they are unable to figure out such basic bets on there own and need someone to interfere.

GoGoGadget

looking again, they said "You may have been informed otherwise before, but this was because of the air of uncertainty regarding the settlement of the bet as there weren't full 3 rounds played."
    Now I check through my betting history and on some bets I made in the past there were lines of O/U 2.5 rounds and will the fight go the distance on the same fight. So I don't get here how he brings up 3 full rounds played when in fact they have a separate wager type for this.

Kaladarus

Fill out the complaint with SBR and let them try to deal with it. Seems impossible for you to reason with these idiots.

GoGoGadget

I have and will be looking to trade in my partypoints and move to a good site.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGadget View Post
    Their behavior is criminal and should be treated as such.

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

He won in the 3th round. Ist that over 2.5 rounds? 3>2.5

If the fight ends after the second half of the second round its over 2.5

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    He won in the 3th round. Ist that over 2.5 rounds? 3>2.5

If the fight ends after the second half of the second round its over 2.5
    If it ends in the second half of second round it's Over 1.5 not over 2.5 otherwise you are saying that if it ended half way through first round then that would be Over 1.5 which makes no sense - it would be Over 0.5 because the first round hasn't completed. If you want to be "sharp" at boxing then you best make sure you understand this as it could mess up your bets big time!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 11-08-11 at 10:29 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Good idea. Looks like they are having a party at yours and probably others' expense!

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    If it ends in the second half of second round it's Over 1.5 not over 2.5 otherwise you are saying that if it ended half way through first round then that would be Over 1.5 which makes no sense - it would be Over 0.5 because the first round hasn't completed. If you want to be "sharp" at boxing then you best make sure you understand this as it could mess up your bets big time!
    maybe, I never bet on the over/under

GoGoGadget

New email
    "I am writing as promised regarding the Bet ID 129481904, we have checked with the Bookmakers department and would like to inform that the match ended in 3rd round after 1:30 min played in the Round, which is an under 2.5 rounds in the match winning."

OK now back in January where I lost and disputed when I bet under 2.5 and It ended just into the third I got reply emails from 4 different employees who said that it was a loss, they are below

Thank you for contacting Customer Service.

I'd like to inform you that every bookmaking site would consider this bet as a losing one as those are the rules. There was a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round. We do not consider whether it has been ended in 3 round on the 2nd second or the last one.

Please note that we have added all of the information and the bet stands loosing one as per the rules, further emails regarding this topic will be disregarded.

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7 by e-mail and phone.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

Best regards,

Kristian,

The Bet is question is with ID: 114489735; Lawler R. v Souza R. [Total Rounds] 29/01/2011 23:00 and there is no issue here.

Our records indicate you bet on <2.5 at odds of 1.83. However, the result was >2.5. This means that the bet is losing, unfortunately.

As advised, we chose the number of 2.5 as to make sure that all bets would be winning if there were only two rounds in the game. If we chose the number of 2, we would need to cancel the bets in case the fight lasted for two rounds only.

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7 by e-mail and phone.

Best regards,

May

Customer Service

I would like to confirm that there was a first, second and third round in this game. I am sorry to say that the amount of time which the third round lasted is of no concern for the settlement of this bet.

Please note that we chose the number of 2.5 as to make sure that all bets would be winning if there were only two rounds in the game. If we chose the number of 2, we would need to cancel the bets in case the fight lasted for two rounds only.

Best regards,

Ivan C

Customer Service

I have checked your 114489735, and I would like to let you know that it has correctly been settled as lost because it was offered for total rounds to be under 2.5, and since the third round has started. This is why the bet will remain lost.

Best regards,

Rado

Customer Service

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Have SBR got back to u yet?

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Looks like they are doing it like a point spread in bball/football with the .5 eliminating the possbility of a push rather than signifying half of a round. Makes sense to me.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

[B] I'd like to inform you that every bookmaking site would consider this bet as a losing one as those are the rules.
    This is just a straight lie though? If he did indeed bet the "Under 2.5" (written as that) then saying it is the same as "every bookmaking site" is a lie as Pinnacle, Bookmaker, Sportbet, etc... all would of classified a finish at 2mins 29 secs or before in the third round as a win.

GoGoGadget

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    Looks like they are doing it like a point spread in bball/football with the .5 eliminating the possbility of a push rather than signifying half of a round. Makes sense to me.
    Did you read the whole post? It doesn't make sense because when I bet under 2.5 and "lost" they said .5 is not half a round it just means when the 3rd round starts it over. So then I bet according to what they said (4 different people said this). Now I bet over 2.5 and they say they count the half round.

Both fight ended in the first half of the 3rd and I've bet over 2.5 in one case and under 2.5 in the other and neither bet has been graded a win.

GoGoGadget

Pulling my hair out. said they went back and changed my old bet from loss to canceled and new bet remains canceled and sent this email.

In the future such bets on "Total number of completed rounds" will be settled in a new manner. If a round is not completed bets are settled on the basis of time passed in the uncompleted round. The half point will represent exactly the halftime of the respective round.
    Allow me to confirm that the halfway point of a round is at exactly one minute and thirty seconds into a three minute round. Thus, 4½ rounds would be one minute and thirty seconds of the 5th round. The halfway point of a two minute round is at the one minute mark. The halfway point of a five minute round is at the two minutes and thirty seconds mark.

I hope that these new rules will make the settlement of the bets easier for you and all of the other players. Since the bets were settled so far based on normal under/over rules, the settlements of both bets have been cancelled

settled in a new manner and blah blah blah? I was fu%&ng telling these clowns that half rounds count back in fking January when they marked it a loss and 4 buffoons said no it's over 2.5 when the 3rd begins, now they say yes a year later

Kaladarus

Well at least you got your money back. Hopefully you bet about the same on both or came out ahead. Now that all this is done best thing you can do is cash out and transfer your money to a better book.