The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

BJ Penn vs St Pierre/Fitch

Rumor on MMAweekly.com is that the Dec. 27th UFC card will have a headline bout of Penn vs winner of St Pierre/Fitch. This will be the same card as TUF Mir vs Nogueira. I JUST WET MYSELF!

One problem. I want Fitch to beat St Pierre. But I would rather see St Pierre vs Penn.

Hayn JJ
    Hayn JJ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even if Fitch was to win "Which he did not" the UFC would never try and sell a Penn Vs Fitch bout when they could just make a Re-Match with Fitch/Gsp & Penn/Ken-flo...

Also i belive if Gsp lost BJ probley would not want to fight him untill he beat Fitch and had a title to gain...

But agian all of this is does not matter since Gsp ManHandled Fitch...

rossta4i
    rossta4i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4613

I think before BJ gets to fight GSP I think he has to fight florian to defend the title. But I think if BJ does fight GSP he'll go into the fight 165. so big weight difference. BJ is staying in condition year round now, I know we don't have to worry about his condition. Just gotta worry about him drinking while training.

MMAJOE
    MMAJOE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Well I hope its a Title match ( 5 rounds ) but i could see it at a catch weight at 175lb or at 170lb but no title on the line 3 rnd fight( i hope not). Dana White does not want to have issues if BJ wins WW belt and LW belt, He does not want BJ to bounce back to each division to defend his belts.

JerseyRob
    JerseyRob's Avatar Become A Pro!

It will be for the Welterweight title and 5 rounds. Most likely it will be in December. Florian wants another fight so he isn't even guaranteed a title shot yet.

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MMAJOE View Post
    Well I hope its a Title match ( 5 rounds ) but i could see it at a catch weight at 175lb or at 170lb but no title on the line 3 rnd fight( i hope not). Dana White does not want to have issues if BJ wins WW belt and LW belt, He does not want BJ to bounce back to each division to defend his belts.
    175? I was thinking like 165lbs...

Robyn
    Robyn's Avatar Become A Pro!

This would be my favorite card so far. Penn vs. GSP, are you kidding me??? But...it was pretty obvious that something was in the works when GSP last won and Penn hopped on stage and grabbed the mic WWF style.

MMAJOE
    MMAJOE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rich Biatch View Post
    175? I was thinking like 165lbs...
    There is know way GSP can cut to 165lb, He barely makes 170lb, GSP walks around 190-200 lb normal weight. Bj walks around 165-180lb before cutting weight. There is rumors that GSP will move up to 185lb division in the next year or 2.

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MMAJOE View Post
    There is know way GSP can cut to 165lb, He barely makes 170lb, GSP walks around 190-200 lb normal weight. Bj walks around 165-180lb before cutting weight. There is rumors that GSP will move up to 185lb division in the next year or 2.
    Ive also heard that rumors about him moving up to 185... But do you think Dana white will take that chance of losing a chunk of money with out the title in play...

EmceeDusty
    Dennis Green FTW
    EmceeDusty's Avatar Become A Pro!

He will move up for 1 fight and get destroyed by Anderson Silva who is going back to 185 after a few fights at 205. Penn prob beats GSP also if he lays off the weed and the pineapple juice and trains.