Brock Lesnar -255 vs Heath Herring +205

Manny Gamburyan -275 vs Rob Emerson +215

Demian Maia -265 vs Jason McDonald +215

Luke Cummo vs Tamden McCrory

Cheick Kongo vs Dan Evensen

Andre Gusmao vs Jon Jones

Chris Wilson vs Steve Bruno

Ben Saunders vs Ryan Thomas
    Last edited by The HOFF; 07-30-08 at 02:17 AM.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

UFC 85 and 86 were huge disappointments. Fight Night was also boring and only one fight was decent. This card should be as exciting or better than the UFC 84 card.

Fitch is under-rated and I think he can put up a very good test for St-Pierre. Just like the Jackson - Griffin fight, my head says St-Pierre, my heart says Fitch. Lesnar is much more athletic and stronger than Herring. My only fear is that his lack of experience causes him to get caught like he did against Mir. Huerta and Florian has the potential to be fight of the night. I think Huerta has the advantage. Gamburyan should easily win in the first round. I'm not sure why Emerson is still in the UFC. I don't know anything about Maia and have only seen McDonald twice so no real opinions on that fight.

I've only got one bet for this card that I really like:
    Huerta +135
    Last edited by The HOFF; 07-30-08 at 02:20 AM.

MMAJOE
    MMAJOE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Fitch is tough guy i just dont see him having enough to beat GSP.GSP bye 3rnd TKO or via Dec.

Lesnar should win bye GNP or Dec . Hearings submission game is know where near Mirs ,But Hearing has the superior stand up and has shown against Nogueira that he can get out of Submissions and bad postions on the ground. If Heath can stay off his back and keep this standing he could win. At-255 is to much juice for me staying away from this fight .

Huerta vs Florian should be the fight of the night . I think Huerta is the Better Athlete ( stronger,Wrestler,Heavy hands,younger ) but Florian is no joke either with good stand up and great GNP and good Jujitsu . Huerta is a good dog here but i still am not sold on him with the UFC picking him B level fighters for his career till he fought Clay Guida and Clay was winning the fight till he got rocked bye a big knee in the 3rd. Im torn on this fight . This will be a game time decision.

I agree Hoff Emerson should not be in the UFC he is a tough guy but I agree Gamburyan should easily win he is a little pitbull.

Maia vs Macdonald should be intresting World Class BJ Grapler Maia vs Good grapler with Macdonald . Jason is going to have to try to keep the fight standing and his standup is not that great but a lot better than the ground fighter Maia.If Jason can stay out of trouble the in the first rnd he could pull off a upset bye dec or TKO . Maia beat Ed Herman his last fight via Triangle choke but was really gased and had his hands down in the second rnd . Jason calls himself the athlete and has good cardio and over 30 fights exp vs Maia 6 MMA fights . Jason is a decent dog at +215

I will post my picks for this event next week after the weigh ins and the rest of the fight card odds are out.

JerseyRob
    JerseyRob's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just put 800 to win 500 on Florian and parlayed Lesnar and GSP at 650 to win 500. I'm probably going to lay more but haven't decided on what yet.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't want to go against the local SBR MMA experts, but before I say this thread I was leaning toward betting Fitch and Florian small.

The HOFF

Quote Originally Posted by JoshW View Post
    I don't want to go against the local SBR MMA experts, but before I say this thread I was leaning toward betting Fitch and Florian small.
    No one can say Fitch is a bad bet. He has a chance, so I don't see any problems with laying a small bet on him. I'm just excited for the Florian - Huerta fight! Even though I'm on the other side, I don't think Florian is a bad bet either. That fight is really a toss up. Go Huerta though!

JoshW

Appreciate the opinion HOFF. I might play them very small just for fun, but i am excited about this card. It has been slow, but I am finally starting to feel this lineup.

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

St Pierre. small though

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Florian $1,500 -150
    Herring $1,000 +220
    Fitch $1,000 +270

JoshW

Emerson has been my only play so far.

JerseyRob

800 to win 500 on Florian

1250 to win 1000 on Lesnar+GSP Parlay

200 to win 500 Gamburyan, Kongo, and McCrory Parlay

The HOFF

Fitch is +295 at Bookmaker. May have to take it. Anyone like Dan Evensen at +400 vs Kongo?

UndisputedGblr
    UndisputedGblr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kongo was -550 at about 4am today and I just woke up and saw that he is now at -485, at 5Dimes.

Just a heads up...

The HOFF

Here is what I did:

HUERTA +130
    FITCH +280
    EVENSEN +400

Feel good about Huerta and I'm just looking for one of the other upsets to hit.

JerseyRob

Would have been a perfect night if Manny didn't get his head knocked off. GSP was a freak as usual and Fitch is tough as nails. Entertaining event.

The HOFF

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRob View Post
    Would have been a perfect night if Manny didn't get his head knocked off. GSP was a freak as usual and Fitch is tough as nails. Entertaining event.
    Emerson: Who Knew? He was awful on the show, but that is a very nice win. I think a lot of the guys that aren't very good on the show really turn it around when they train with a real team. Matt Wiman did the same thing. I think Emerson wins KO of the night.

Overall, I was very pleased with the fights. Entertaining.

How far did Herring fly when he got hit the first time? That was awesome.

The HOFF

Quote Originally Posted by JoshW View Post
    Emerson has been my only play so far.
    Out of all the underdogs, I thought Emerson had the smallest chance at winning. Nice call.

JerseyRob

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Emerson: Who Knew? He was awful on the show, but that is a very nice win. I think a lot of the guys that aren't very good on the show really turn it around when they train with a real team. Matt Wiman did the same thing. I think Emerson wins KO of the night.

Overall, I was very pleased with the fights. Entertaining.

How far did Herring fly when he got hit the first time? That was awesome.
    Don't even mention Wiman to me it brings back bad memories! That guy screwed my parlay when he got KOed by Tavares. I put together a nice parlay and before the event I thought he was the biggest lock and of course he is the one who screwed me.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Florian $1,500 -150
    Herring $1,000 +220
    Fitch $1,000 +270
    Florian is the only one I cashed in. Florian was the only one I felt really confident in.