Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yo Chairib, u watch Parks and Recreation??
    Ron Swanson is a god to me.
    Points Awarded:

Poppa Catfish gave Chairib 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Ron Swanson is a god to me.
    ha Yeah he's a legend, closely followed by Andy Dwyer...By day, shoeshine-ist. By different time of day, Andy Radical, possom tackler. And by night, I do whatever I want, no job.

Chairib

ha Yeah he's a legend, closely followed by Andy Dwyer...By day, shoeshine-ist. By different time of day, Andy Radical, possom tackler. And by night, I do whatever I want, no job.
    You finish watching Party Down?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

You finish watching Party Down?
    Yeah was verryy good. Can't believe that shows like Party Down, Eastbound and Down and Parks and Recreation aren't shown on UK TV/SKy over here. Parks and Recreation would be a big hit for sure, as mocking Local Government is a popular thing over here! Instead we have endless re-runs of Friends and My Name Is Earl

(Reyes)
    (Reyes)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Good stuff

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by (Reyes) View Post
    Good stuff
    Thanks big guy!

Chairib

Yeah was verryy good. Can't believe that shows like Party Down, Eastbound and Down and Parks and Recreation aren't shown on UK TV/SKy over here. Parks and Recreation would be a big hit for sure, as mocking Local Government is a popular thing over here! Instead we have endless re-runs of Friends and My Name Is Earl
    I know the BBC is government subsidized, how does Sky TV work? Is like cable television over here and part of a basic package or do you have to pay extra every month to subscribe like HBO?

Party Down only lasted two seasons which was a big shame. I don't know how far you're into Parks and Rec but Adam Scott is a member of that show now. Party Down was originally planned for Paul Rudd and Steve Carrell to do after Anchorman. It's pretty interesting to see how many current writers and actors on these comedies have been past members or worked with either The State or the UCB.

Check out a movie called Wet Hot American Summer, I think you might get a kick out of it.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Yeah, but you also got The Thick of It, the greatest show about mocking government in history, as well as the awesome and incredibly foul mouthed movie wrapup In the Loop.

Chairib

Friends aint that bad, I mean can you imagine an episode of Coupling featuring the UFC?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I know the BBC is government subsidized, how does Sky TV work? Is like cable television over here and part of a basic package or do you have to pay extra every month to subscribe like HBO?

Party Down only lasted two seasons which was a big shame. I don't know how far you're into Parks and Rec but Adam Scott is a member of that show now. Party Down was originally planned for Paul Rudd and Steve Carrell to do after Anchorman. It's pretty interesting to see how many current writers and actors on these comedies have been past members or worked with either The State or the UCB.

Check out a movie called Wet Hot American Summer, I think you might get a kick out of it.
    Just got to first couple episodes of season 3 with Adam Scott and Rob Lowe in it. Adam Scott's everywhere, he was an agent in Eastbound and Down the other day when I was watching it! Even got my old man hooked on Parks and Recreation now as he used to work in the "Enforcement and Leisure Department" which I guess is equivalent to Parks and Recreation department at a local council so he can appreciate it a lot. His boss was very similar to Ron Swanson as well, same mustache, resentful about Government and always unavailable to see any members of the public!

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Yeah, but you also got The Thick of It, the greatest show about mocking government in history, as well as the awesome and incredibly foul mouthed movie wrapup In the Loop.
    Yeah they were very good to be fair, Capaldi is a great actor.

Friends aint that bad, I mean can you imagine an episode of Coupling featuring the UFC?

ha tht was quality episode! yeah don't get me wrong, Friends was qreat, but when you've seen every episode 5 times it can get a bit repetitive! Channel 4 and E4 over here dedicate about 30% of there scheduling to Friends repeats!

Chairib

Jimmy Kimmel Live

Chairib

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

I just read this thread for the first time (that i remember). The videos had me cracking up.
    Have you guys ever seen the show Summer Heights High? It was on HBO a few years back. Possibly my favorite show of all time. If you like the Parks and Rec and that kind of humor you should check that show out and come back to tell me how awesome I am for suggesting it.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

summer heights was awesome.

its good you found this thread, its a great place for a laugh and nothing else.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NunyaBidness

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    I just read this thread for the first time (that i remember). The videos had me cracking up.
    Have you guys ever seen the show Summer Heights High? It was on HBO a few years back. Possibly my favorite show of all time. If you like the Parks and Rec and that kind of humor you should check that show out and come back to tell me how awesome I am for suggesting it.
    Yep seen all of Summer Height High - was superb. But have you seen the follow up by Chris Lilley called Angry Boys? If you havnt check it out and come back and tell me how awesome I am for suggesting it!

cheeese

Yep seen all of Summer Height High - was superb. But have you seen the follow up by Chris Lilley called Angry Boys? If you havnt check it out and come back and tell me how awesome I am for suggesting it!

Chairib

Never even heard of Summer Height High

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Never even heard of Summer Height High

Chairib

Are those Samoans or Tongans throwing up gang signs?

I'll have to check this out.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

All the episodes are on tv-links.eu I think... http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Summ...ghts-High_653/

First episode: http://www.megavideo.com/?d=2F70MRQ0

Chris Lilley plays all four of the main characters

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

*Three characters rather, plays four on Angry Boys

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I probably need to give angry boys another try, the first 2 episodes didn't really do it for me even though I was a huge fan of Summer Heights High.

forgot all about Party Down, underrated show for sure. I still need to download the second season.

Lizzy Kaplan

You guys should check out showtime's Shameless with William H. Macey, quality entertainment.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    I probably need to give angry boys another try, the first 2 episodes didn't really do it for me even though I was a huge fan of Summer Heights High.

forgot all about Party Down, underrated show for sure. I still need to download the second season.

Lizzy Kaplan

You guys should check out showtime's Shameless with William H. Macey, quality entertainment.
    YEah Lizzy Kaplan is smokin, prefer Rashida JOnes though! All the Party Down episodes are on sidereel.com http://www.sidereel.com/Party_Down - just get them on megavideo or videobb no download needed.

Angry Boys was excellent and did get better as it progressed - Smouse is one of my favourite comedy characters!

Shameless is taken from UK version same as THe Office. Wasn't a fan of the the UK one tho

Chairib

You guys ever watch Crossballs?

I actually went to a couple of these tapings back when I was living in LA. The bit about the German Shepard breeder cracks me up every time.

You'll see a couple of familiar faces from the UCB.

cheeese

Everyone knows Aussies can't break dance for shit.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Shameless is taken from UK version same as THe Office. Wasn't a fan of the the UK one tho
    That's where the similarities end. The writing for the U.S version is head and shoulders above the UK's imo.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

since this thread is good for nothing else, nick offerman is about to be on Children's hospital in 10mins

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

No love for the king of retarded shows?

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chairib

Chairib

Listen to the newest episode of Jim Jefferies' podcast #66, definietly worth a listen for all MMA fans out there.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Last edited by Chairib; 09-27-11 at 04:23 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha Jim Jefferies is a funny ****. Have u seen the vid of when he was punched on stage in Manchester over here?!

I'll check out the podcast tonight, just finished Rogan's one with Graham Hancock

Chairib

Yeah that's a pretty ******* classic story. You like Brendon Burns?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

How funny was the latest ep of Parks and Rec!? Andy as Chuck Liddell!

When u get a chance check out "An Idiot Abroad" - one of the top programmes over here at moment starring Karl Pilkington who is Ricky Gervais' buddy, it's superb...http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/An-Idiot-Abroad_24038/
    Last edited by Vaughany; 11-03-11 at 03:59 PM.

First ... 3456