Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Will Jon Jones really not fight Rashad?

If Jones destroys Bader and Rashad beats Shogun what will happen? Will they just set up Rampage vs. Rashad 2? If Jones destroys Bader they may decide to give him the title shot.. but what happens if Rashad wins? Jon Jones has already went on record as saying he WILL NOT fight Rashad. Personally all this bs about teammates not fighting each other is getting on my nerves.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's hard to say right now. It might be easiest for a teammate to say something like that on the spot, but when the situation presents itself opinions or words said initially could change quite quickly.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I think franklin or griffin will probably get the shot next, so it doesn't matter right now...

But it could create a huge amount of problems with training and gym drama. Seems like it would be a mess for them to fight.

Then again, they are professionals...

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    I think franklin or griffin will probably get the shot next, so it doesn't matter right now...
    I don't think a victory here and a win over Liddell and Ortiz, respectively, is enough to warrant a title shot. I could see a Griffin/Rampage rematch for a title shot if Griffin wins. Thiago Silva is going to factor in here somewhere too.

gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2833

Yes they are teammates, great friends and view each other as family. Would you be interested in bashing your dads head in until he is unconscious??

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by gym rat View Post
    Yes they are teammates, great friends and view each other as family. Would you be interested in bashing your dads head in until he is unconscious??
    Yes, I would. I don't like my dad too much. And there's a difference between being family and being a damn teammate. It's about proving your the best. You get paid to do it. I'd have an MMA fight with my brother.. hell we spar all the time and I love him to death. But for a championship fight? You have to be kidding me.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most fighters only care about being the best and getting the belt. I'm pretty sure if the opportunity comes up the fight will happen regardless of how close the fighters are.

gym rat

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    Yes, I would. I don't like my dad too much. And there's a difference between being family and being a damn teammate. It's about proving your the best. You get paid to do it. I'd have an MMA fight with my brother.. hell we spar all the time and I love him to death. But for a championship fight? You have to be kidding me.
    Well most MMA fighters don't feel the way you do evidenced by the fact that very few will agree to fight each other for money or a title despite the fact that Dana White, one of the most powerful figures in the sport, is applying huge pressure to the contrary.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

so would you make your brother leave his gym to find new trainers or would you man up and do it yourself?

Just so you can risk your career's success to try and KO your own brother?

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    so would you make your brother leave his gym to find new trainers or would you man up and do it yourself?

Just so you can risk your career's success to try and KO your own brother?
    I wouldn't KO my brother. I'd take him down and submit him.

gym rat

I wouldn't KO my brother. I'd take him down and submit him.
    Your whole argument just went down the toilet!

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by gym rat View Post
    Your whole argument just went down the toilet!
    I'm not arguing about anything to begin with.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Bones has insinuated that he'd fake an injury to get out of fighting Rashad. It'd be more interesting to see him at Heavyweight, anyway.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

What are the odds of Rashad even beating Shogun? Even then, there are still a handful of names @ 205 that could fight Jon Jones. Machida, Thiago, Nogueira, Phil Davis, Shogun, Rich Franklin, Rampage... they're still grooming Jones IMO, nothing on the table that says they need to rush him into a proverbial "1 vs. 2" this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    It's hard to say right now. It might be easiest for a teammate to say something like that on the spot, but when the situation presents itself opinions or words said initially could change quite quickly.
    They're not the only one's in the UFC who refuse to fight each other because of their friendship. Anderson Silva and Machida, for example; will never fight. And they were never going to be forced into it. Jon Jones seems to value his friendship with Rashad, so it simply won't happen. As long as he keeps winning, Dana/Joe Silva will spin it another direction. If he starts losing... well, he and Rashad won't make sense anymore and this becomes a moot point.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

It doesn't matter if they fight unless they both beat everyone and become the two best in their division and stay that way for some time, similar to floyd and manny. Until then who cares if they fight.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by snake11eyes View Post
    It doesn't matter if they fight unless they both beat everyone and become the two best in their division and stay that way for some time, similar to floyd and manny. Until then who cares if they fight.
    We are talking about a very deep division here, plenty of other quality match ups to set up. No reason to force them to fight.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    What are the odds of Rashad even beating Shogun?
    +150

urge2kill

I'd fight my dad of there was enough money in it. MMA is a sport. The fighters don't need to hate or want to hurt each other to compete. Besides, I'd just take him down and armbar him really quick. I wouldn't have to smash his face in.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    I'd fight my dad of there was enough money in it. MMA is a sport. The fighters don't need to hate or want to hurt each other to compete. Besides, I'd just take him down and armbar him really quick. I wouldn't have to smash his face in.
    That's exactly how I feel about it.. but there are always going to be people who think of it differently.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

+150
    And I'm all over that shit. Rashad's not the striker we thought he was, but Shogun is an abysmal wrestler.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    And I'm all over that shit. Rashad's not the striker we thought he was, but Shogun is an abysmal wrestler.
    But he also has awesome Jiu Jitsu and is a lot stronger than he looks. He could very well sweep Rashad from the bottom!

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

The UFC is going really slow with their superstar. I think he's ready for a title shot after/if he beats Bader.

Jordan23

I think Bader/Jones is going to be a massacre.

Yungmef
    Yungmef's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 735

+150
    What do you think of the value on that?

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah but would you fight your dad if you had the option of fighting someone else?

jones and AKA have the option to do so seeing as they already do.

urge2kill

Quote Originally Posted by Yungmef View Post
    What do you think of the value on that?
    I like Shogun in this fight. I'm on him at -170 and will put more on him to win inside the distance.

urge2kill

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    yeah but would you fight your dad if you had the option of fighting someone else?

jones and AKA have the option to do so seeing as they already do.
    If my dad was the champ I would definitely fight him and take the belt. If those guys want the belt but won't fight their friend to get it then they must not want the belt that much.

Yungmef
    Yungmef's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 735

Jon Jones (-525) vs Rashad Evans (+375) at bookmaker. Jon Jones is a beast! motha fugga