Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Pride>UFC View Post
    Well according to Frank Mir, Noguiera's chin is is what Mir punched, not his knees. That's why Mir won.

You can make up all the excuses for Canderson you want, but the fact of the matter is he got dropped by a wrestler with no speed or power.

And you need grammar lessons little fella....your last sentence makes no sense...back to grade school genius
    ha yes, because my grammar is the thing that doesn't make sense here!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Isnt Franklin the biggest name and best fighter that Belfort has faced in a long time? Or maybe Lindland, Serati, Terry Martin are a highler level than Franklin in your eyes?! Anderson beat Franklin twice and both times in devastating fashion, and if anything in more impressive fashion than Belfort did.
    Still waiting for your response to this which you conveniently skipped......

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still waiting for your response to this which you conveniently skipped......
    it's not about who these guys beat...it's about the matchup...and Silva has quickness over everyone, except Vitor...should be an interesting matchup...and how impressive did Silva look for 4.5 rounds? against a wrestler?

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

it's not about who these guys beat...it's about the matchup...and Silva has quickness over everyone, except Vitor...should be an interesting matchup...and how impressive did Silva look for 4.5 rounds? against a wrestler?
    Make up your mind, is it about the guys you beat (like the opening post) or not.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 12-23-10 at 04:13 PM.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

how does his matchup against a wrestler prove anything about how he matches up against Belfort? Sonnen's style has a much better chance of beating Anderson than Belfort's. Anderson is a better striker than Vitor
    Last edited by lasker; 12-23-10 at 05:09 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Pride>UFCisn't catching any breaks

He must hate Edgar at LW for beating Penn twice
    His most hated fight GSP is still king at WW
    Now he has offically come out against "Canderson Silva" at MW
    didn't believe the Cain Velasquez at HW

If Rashad Evans beats ShoGun March, Pride>UFC's head might expolde

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

If rashad beats shogun, my head will explode.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Do you rank Wanderlei Silva ahead of Anderson as well due to your Pride loyalties?

Poppa Catfish

Higher on the Pride scale, lower on the color skin scale (so one can infer lesser of a stand up fighter, more likely to get cut)

yes, this is what our conversations have been reduced to

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Higher on the Pride scale, lower on the color skin scale (so one can infer lesser of a stand up fighter, more likely to get cut)

yes, this is what our conversations have been reduced to
    hahahaha

Poppa Catfish

If "candersen" Silva wins I want to see you make a thread professing your love of all things UFC

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

A pride fighter is a guy who goes for the knockout and puts on a show. A guy like Wanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson,Anderson Silva, or BJ Penn are perfect...... examples.

Now I know Anderson Silva only had a hanful of fights in pride, but his style is like pride, aggressive, exciting, and a KO artist.
    This ^ is straight from his blog.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    This ^ is straight from his blog.

hahhaha this clown is the King of contradictions!

ttrace35

"Canderson" is pretty funny.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

is not

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

oh my god just like linesmakers with MMA (and why historically there has been so much value to be found in MMA lines), its like this subforum just is ages behind in all facets..

canderson silva? Really?

How long until someone goes on sherdogs fighter finder for people with funny names....

Sorry, but this would be like starting to hate JJ Redick and showing up at cameron indoor in 2010.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by spargament View Post
    oh my god just like linesmakers with MMA (and why historically there has been so much value to be found in MMA lines), its like this subforum just is ages behind in all facets..

canderson silva? Really?

How long until someone goes on sherdogs fighter finder for people with funny names....

Sorry, but this would be like starting to hate JJ Redick and showing up at cameron indoor in 2010.
    Dont think u can really say that this subforum is ages behind due to one retarded thread!

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

overall, the other sbr forums are ages behind this one.

spargament
    KHABIB

And honestly, if you think fighting Rich Franklin and 'KO'ing' him with an illegal (albeit entirely accidental) blow in short ass fight at a catchweight, with an ever so impressive win over Matt Lindland completing Belfort's last two fights (which takes us way back.....ring rust?), what makes you think for any reason that he is in any position to beat the guy fighting anywhere from twice to three times as frequently against better (yeah MW UFC isn't deep, but it isn't great anywhere) competition.

Vitor Belfort has won his last 5 fights. That streak has ranged from April 21, of 2007 with a
    1. win over a can if I've seen one in Ivan Serati, who does own a respectable (12-4) record but lost his only UFC fight to Tomas Drwal (who isn't exactly lighting it up currently) back at UFC 93.

2.He then beat another journeyman, James Zikic respectable record once again (18-7-2) but hasn't seen the inside of a promotion bigger than Cage Rage sans his loss (respectable) at UFC 38 to the mysterious undefeated Phillip Miller.

3.In a majorly impressive (insert sarcasm) victory, Belfort beat Terry Martin at an Affliction Event. Martin again, respectable record (20-7) to date, but (2-4) in the UFC including losses to Jason Lambert, Marvin Eastman, the old version (completely nuts and immature, and poorly conditioned physically) of Chris Leben, and was also knocked out in his first UFC bout by James Irvin (someone Silva took care of with ease 20 pounds above his weight class, just like Griffin) with back to back wins over Ivan Salaverry (eh) and flash ko'd Jorge Rivera in 14 seconds before Martin was brought back to reality and booted from the UFC. This guy has also lost to Scott Smith, who is in my opinion one of the sloppiest guys that likes to stand up and brawl technique wise at a 'major' (strikeforce) level...

4. Lindland at the final affliction event. This was in January of 09, and goes without saying (see Robbie Lawler quickly turning him quickly to mush) was a large mismatch. Even a year ago Lindland showed the signs of being way over the hill. His only win in HIS last four fights was at a STRIKEFORCE CHALLENGERS EVENT. NOT EVEN THE REAL TOP GUYS. In May of this year he escaped with his only victory since the Belfort fight at this event.

5. Rich Franklin. Can't discredit Ace, super talented guy who got caught with an inadvertently illegal shot by Belfort in the first round at a 195 catchweight that ended the fight in Belfort's favor. THIS WAS BELFORTS LAST FIGHT. IT TOOK PLACE IN SPETMBER OF 2009.

In that same amount of time Silva has disposed (With the exception of a roided up Sonnen who he beat anyway) of 1.Nate Marquardt, 2.Rich Franklin, 3.Dan Henderson, 4.James Irvin (at 205 pounds), 5.Patrick Cote (was injured during course of fight, but seriously?), 6.Thales Leites, 7.Griffin (at 205), 8. Demian Maia, and finally 9. the aforementioned Sonnen. All in the UFC. All but two with his Middleweight belt on the line.

All wins against guys who at least belong in the same fighting organization (There wouldn't be enough superior fighters to create a hypothetical GSP/Anderson/Aldo league because those three are so much better than everyone else at their weight)..(and yes. I am quite aware of the plight of Thales Leities, he is still better than 4 of 5 of the fighters Belfort has beaten since 07)

Personally, I will tune in, because it has been a while since a guy has seriously made it a priority of his to try and stand up with the spider, but mainly because I Want to see him obliterated, so that the fans can get the best fight they deserve (GSP/Silva)..I would also be almost as satisfied as a fan by a (Shogun/Silva) matchup, but let's be honest, GSP's use of the jab against Josh Koscheck was revolutionary, and if Anderson's striking is superior, it isn't by nearly as much as I thought it was. I also now don't think Silva would be able to do enough to stop takedowns, or at least compensate for the disparity through his striking...

Sorry to look ahead, but the most interesting question in MMA of 2011 to me is can GSP apply his straight punching style to a SUPERBLY technically gifted striker; one that doesn't only throw looping hooks (Koscheck) that open oneself up for jabs.

spargament
    KHABIB

Dont think u can really say that this subforum is ages behind due to one retarded thread!
    I mean ages behind the real world, not necessarily the world of SBR

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by spargament View Post
    I mean ages behind the real world, not necessarily the world of SBR

sharpest sport specific bettors in this subforum imo. you should take advantage of it.

and the reason why i came into this thread.....

my favorite pride>ufc quote

"I just quit the team last week because I didn't wanna stand in the rainstorm that has hit the beautiful city of San Diego"

He was the waterboy for the SDst football team but quit because he didnt want to get wet. What a pu$$y

spargament
    KHABIB

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    sharpest sport specific bettors in this subforum imo. you should take advantage of it.

"I just quit the team last week because I didn't wanna stand in the rainstorm that has hit the beautiful city of San Diego"

He was the waterboy for the SDst football team but quit because he didnt want to get wet. What a pu$$y
    that's a pretty good quote i gotta give it to you..

I've lurked and watched this subforum, and I guess I was a bit over the top in its deprecation. But at the same time, the sharpest cappers should be here in general anyways, as I think we all can agree there tends to be more value in MMA lines as a newer sport...but im honestly of the belief that if you are to cap MMA, you better be really really good because frankly it isn't as difficult..So maybe my expectations of others are too high, or i may stumble into some of the more foolish posters threads, but I DO know how many smart sharp cappers there are on this site DO exist, and am surprised by what i perceive to be a lack of concentration of those cappers in the subforum..

I also am probably a bit anal retentive about this issue because of my personal experiences and passion for the sport as well as BJJ and wrestling.

I'm the guy (pious MMA fans either are or know someone that is) that doesn't listen to a word Goldy says and speak in unison with Joe Rogan when addressing friends I watch UFC events with. But I'm working on the elitism aspect. It's hard sometimes.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post

hahah tragic!

zeroprogress2
    zeroprogress2's Avatar Become A Pro!

yup, canderson.

ttrace35

You guys should shut the f-ck up. Spargament, nobody wants to read hour long posts. YOU should go back to sherdog.

ttrace35

I'm sorry spargament. Merry Christmas.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know why this thread keeps going on. Pride>UFC has called it. Vitor will win. I'm pretty sure this wasn't meant to be an open discussion.

MRDOG
    MRDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I Aggree that Victor has a chance but with the ring rust I am going with Anderson S.

RaiderNation MMA

did ando knock out that kickboxer in the K1 grand prix??? that dude who lost to semmy in the final 16?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    did ando knock out that kickboxer in the K1 grand prix??? that dude who lost to semmy in the final 16?
    Well yes Anderson "Braddock" Silva beat Hesdy Gerges due to a leg injury...not the "Spider" Silva though!

RaiderNation MMA

o LMAO! i saw that on wiki and was like no way ando is super badass! different guy tho meh

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will keep bumping this thread until Canderson gets KO'd by Vitor Belfort!

gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2833

Isnt Franklin the biggest name and best fighter that Belfort has faced in a long time? Or maybe Lindland, Serati, Terry Martin are a highler level than Franklin in your eyes?! Anderson beat Franklin twice and both times in devastating fashion, and if anything in more impressive fashion than Belfort did.
    Not so sure Anderson beat him in more impressive fashion. Vitor's stoppage of Franklin was very close to 1 punch stoppage. He ended it very quickly as soon as he had Franklin hurt.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

You guys are killing me.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by gym rat View Post
    Not so sure Anderson beat him in more impressive fashion. Vitor's stoppage of Franklin was very close to 1 punch stoppage. He ended it very quickly as soon as he had Franklin hurt.
    I thought it was more like an awkward shot to the back of Franklins head whilst Franklin was off balance, wasnt like a Hendo one punch KO of Bisping or Stephens leaping uppercut on Dos Anjos or anything. In my opinion two devastating knee KO's that result in the dude's nose being smashed to bits is more impressive! Obviously this doesnt mean that Anderson will automatically beat Belfort because of that, I was just pointing it out in relation to what UFCSUCKS was sayin about Franklin being "severely over-rated and slow" even tho I believe he is the only legit high-level fighter that Belfort has faced in recent times!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 01-04-11 at 04:20 PM.

First 12345 Last