• Ward by points decision

7 87.50%
  • Bika by points decision

0 0%
    brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Andre Ward v Sakio Bika

Huge favour to Andre Ward but i would like some insight into this fight from people who know about these fighters??

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Ward by decision...standard!

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Ward, easy.

What book has this one? Haven't seen it listed yet.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

He's 1/16 on PaddyPower!

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Ward will not lose. Should be a decision victory like others have said. Berto will also not lose this weekend either. Nor will Caballero against Litzau for that matter.

forevergrindin
    forevergrindin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Ward by decision, maybe even stoppage.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    Ward, easy. What book has this one? Haven't seen it listed yet.
    5Dimes has Ward and Berto both at -1100

James

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

-1100 is too much risk and not enough reward

socalaaron
    socalaaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't see Bika having much of a chance... Ward to take this fight easily.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

I don't think will be a smooth ride for Ward.

forevergrindin
    forevergrindin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

ward is going to dissect him. Remember styles make fights.

boxing122
    boxing122's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raidersfan View Post
    -1100 is too much risk and not enough reward
    I agree. I'd wait until a Ward by decision prop is available. Don't see him stopping Bika.

kball15
    kball15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ward by Decision is a LOCK if they offer it.

Ward isn't stopping Bika and Bika isnt beating Ward

brettels

Ward decision is paying 1.48

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Ward by decision is the best bet, as others have mentioned.

brettels

the odds are too low, 1.08 for ward to win, 1.48 by decision....might have to ignore it at those odds. 2 days left hopefully they bring them up

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Ward wins by 12 rnd decision is up to -162

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Bodog has Ward decision at -240. No good.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

ward via decision -163 would normally be a play...but i hate laying odds on a prop...........he`ll have a rough moment or two...he can`t sleep on bika....very tough,resilient dude...glen johnson-esqe...

the only worry is that bika isn`t above playing dirty...i would be a bit worried that bika gets frustrated and ends up getting himself d.q.`ed in oakland...

i parred ward via decision with froch/abraham starts rd 8 laying roughly 1 to win 1.25..banking on bika`s toughness(and praying that he doesn`t get frustrated and get d.q.`ed)...and abraham`s penchant for starting fights like he just came out of a coma... love the fact that this fight is at a neutral site...

looking at a very small longshot flyer on katsidis itd at almost 5-1....the aussie`s not on marquez` skill level..and he`s a bit short armed....but naturally bigger and stronger...younger(marquez is 37)....

the reason for the longshot being i recall the first marquez/juan diaz fight and marquez was in verrry deep until landing some big shots....he was cut up and on his way out until he landed the equalizers....

marquez adjusted in the second diaz fight..and diaz was much more leery about putting the pressure on marquez after getting caught in the first fight...unfortunately for him,pressure is the way to take marquez out of his game...he likes to fight at his own pace.. .but this is his first time around with katsidis...katsidid is a very rugged dude...he should press marquez from the jump...i doubt he thinks he can outbox him...r

of course,odds are that marquez eventually picks kats apart....but at 37,how long can he keep relying on those reflexes and that uber-pin-point punching vs naturally bigger/stronger guys?..he`s relatively quick...but not pacquaio quick...and doesn`t have pacquaio`s legs.....he`s a pocket fighter that takes time to wear guys down....he`s not really a 1 punch k.o. kind of fighter......

so it should be very interesting early...curious to see if katsidis can get some stuff done(rough up and damage marquez) before marquez` technical expertise starts to dominate..... will it be enough to diminish an aging marquez as the fight moves into the later rounds?....

froch/abraham?.......really looking forward to it...tough to call...liked what i saw of froch vs kessler...didn`t realize he had that kind of boxing ability...was big on kessler and i was very worried...

abaraham`s high guard is difficult to penetrate...he basically just walks through guys...and he`s tough...fighting through a broken jaw for a large part of the miranda fight(a fight that he lost,without a doubt)....

that`s why i`m glad this is on a neutral...

caballero/litzau should play out true to form...as should berto/hernandez...

edit...small hedge......abraham inside/ +174(has 4 stoppages from rd 10-12 in his last 8 wins...and almost got a 5th vs dirrell)...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 11-27-10 at 10:54 AM.

rocky mattioli

actually,i posted this too late...taking it off the board....
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 11-27-10 at 03:23 PM.

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN
    WIZARDOFBEANTOWN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Ward dec

illmatick
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    ward via decision -163 would normally be a play...but i hate laying odds on a prop...........he`ll have a rough moment or two...he can`t sleep on bika....very tough,resilient dude...glen johnson-esqe...

the only worry is that bika isn`t above playing dirty...i would be a bit worried that bika gets frustrated and ends up getting himself d.q.`ed in oakland...

i parred ward via decision with froch/abraham starts rd 8 laying roughly 1 to win 1.25..banking on bika`s toughness(and praying that he doesn`t get frustrated and get d.q.`ed)...and abraham`s penchant for starting fights like he just came out of a coma... love the fact that this fight is at a neutral site...

looking at a very small longshot flyer on katsidis itd at almost 5-1....the aussie`s not on marquez` skill level..and he`s a bit short armed....but naturally bigger and stronger...younger(marquez is 37)....

the reason for the longshot being i recall the first marquez/juan diaz fight and marquez was in verrry deep until landing some big shots....he was cut up and on his way out until he landed the equalizers....

marquez adjusted in the second diaz fight..and diaz was much more leery about putting the pressure on marquez after getting caught in the first fight...unfortunately for him,pressure is the way to take marquez out of his game...he likes to fight at his own pace.. .but this is his first time around with katsidis...katsidid is a very rugged dude...he should press marquez from the jump...i doubt he thinks he can outbox him...r

of course,odds are that marquez eventually picks kats apart....but at 37,how long can he keep relying on those reflexes and that uber-pin-point punching vs naturally bigger/stronger guys?..he`s relatively quick...but not pacquaio quick...and doesn`t have pacquaio`s legs.....he`s a pocket fighter that takes time to wear guys down....he`s not really a 1 punch k.o. kind of fighter......

so it should be very interesting early...curious to see if katsidis can get some stuff done(rough up and damage marquez) before marquez` technical expertise starts to dominate..... will it be enough to diminish an aging marquez as the fight moves into the later rounds?....

froch/abraham?.......really looking forward to it...tough to call...liked what i saw of froch vs kessler...didn`t realize he had that kind of boxing ability...was big on kessler and i was very worried...

abaraham`s high guard is difficult to penetrate...he basically just walks through guys...and he`s tough...fighting through a broken jaw for a large part of the miranda fight(a fight that he lost,without a doubt)....

that`s why i`m glad this is on a neutral...

caballero/litzau should play out true to form...as should berto/hernandez...

edit...small hedge......abraham inside/ +174(has 4 stoppages from rd 10-12 in his last 8 wins...and almost got a 5th vs dirrell)...

everyone is pounding the shit out of the "ward by decision" prop(up to -175 now), probably stay away from that one.

brettels

dont know whats happening here, took ward for the win! theres no tv coverage of the fight

iQon

^ Ward via decision. All 3 judges gave him at least 8 rounds.

brettels

yeah, watched it on realsportz.net ward was a cheap bastard with his headbutts and elbows. bika didn't land much for the amount he threw so i think the points should of been tighter, and the ref clearly doesn't like black people, pushing bika all the time, giving him a warning for nothing while ward gets away with his scumness.
    made some money anyway lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    and the ref clearly doesn't like black people, pushing bika all the time, giving him a warning for nothing while ward gets away with his scumness.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    i hate it when honky`s like ward get to fight in their chi-chi lilly white hometowns(oakland).......

/////////////////

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

i hate it when honky`s like ward get to fight in their chi-chi lilly white hometowns(oakland).......

/////////////////

illmatick
    Update your status

Bute would take Ward's lunch money. it's sick how much love he gets after beating a so-so Kesslar (arguably should be 0-2 in the tournament).

I look forward to his overly inflated lines in the future.
    Last edited by illmatick; 11-28-10 at 03:10 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    Bute would take Ward's lunch money. it's sick how much love he gets after beating a so-so Kesslar (arguably should be 0-2 in the tournament).
    Ward knows how to win but I agree - Bute is the SHIT!

rocky mattioli

this is where we part company,my friends...

you guys lost me on bute...while the 5 guys that were undefeated were fighting one another(ON FOREIGN SOIL OCCASIONALLY...SOMETHING BUTE WON`T DARE DO)....stepping up like real contenders do.....what was bute doing?....

bute hasn`t earned the right to be called#1?.... undefeated record?...well i guess that makes paul spadafora the champion of something....

his resume is lacking...his best win is over bika...and his murderer`s row is made up of one dimensional journeyman librado andade(who would have k.o.`ed him if not for some convenient home cooking)/used up edison miranda and jesse brinkley.....oh..and william joppy(lol)..all in canada...

until bute starts getting serious and fights the best,he`s bringing up the rear behind kessler/ward and froch.....

it`ss not a canadian thing...it`s a "you have to beat legit contenders to be #1" thing...

speculation doesn`t get it...accomplishments do...

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

Do you post on bigfooty??

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

dude andre ward has GOT this.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    Do you post on bigfooty??
    No, not that I'm aware of anyway!

iQon

this is where we part company,my friends... you guys lost me on bute...while the 5 guys that were undefeated were fighting one another(ON FOREIGN SOIL OCCASIONALLY...SOMETHING BUTE WON`T DARE DO)....stepping up like real contenders do.....what was bute doing?.... bute hasn`t earned the right to be called#1?.... undefeated record?...well i guess that makes paul spadafora the champion of something.... his resume is lacking...his best win is over bika...and his murderer`s row is made up of one dimensional journeyman librado andade(who would have k.o.`ed him if not for some convenient home cooking)/used up edison miranda and jesse brinkley.....oh..and william joppy(lol)..all in canada... until bute starts getting serious and fights the best,he`s bringing up the rear behind kessler/ward and froch..... it`ss not a canadian thing...it`s a "you have to beat legit contenders to be #1" thing... speculation doesn`t get it...accomplishments do...
    I agree, Bute needs to fight outside of Canada. But you could say the same thing about Ward. Who has Ward beaten outside of California?

Bute is making an effort to make his name known in America. Under Showtime, he will have ample opportunities to face Kessler, Ward, Froch, or Abraham within the next 2 years.