terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Alessio Sakara -105 v. Jorge Rivera

Havent seen much talk about this fight. I think Sakara has the stand up edge and the cardio edge. Rivera was +245 against Nate Quarry. He lit Quarry up and now is a favorite against Sakara? I dont buy it, Quarry is stiff as a board and has always been easy to hit.

If this fight should play out on the feet as both have indicated, my only concern is Rivera catching Sakara's chin.

Both fighters are coming off injuries, Rivera a broken arm, Sakara an undisclosed injury. Anyone catch what that was? I have not been able to find apecifics. Sakara is younger and should get in fighting shape faster. Fighters break down in their late 30's, espicially when you have been fighting as ong as Rivera has.

Obviously +125 woud have been nice, but i still see value here.

Any opinion?

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's going to be a close fight, but Sakara does have the edge in most aspects of the fight. The only problem with Sakara is that he could get knocked out, but with better striking and cardio it's worth the risk. Both fighters have several first round knock outs. While it is some what risky, it's hard to imagine Sakara not winning this fight more often. I'm not sure how much value there is, but I definitely like Sakara even at the current line.

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

I have Rivera winning this one. Sakara has a very suspect chin and as we saw in Jorge's last fight, his striking has improved (by mma standards) and he really fu*ked up Quarry. Rather easily.

I gotta lean towards Jorge by Knock out.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quarry is not a good measuring stick at all. Hands down chin up, with no movement. Quarry is the MMA equivalent to t-ball, so yeah that is not impressing me.

Alessio has a very suspect chin and Rivera has a clear advantage if the fight should miraculously go to the ground. This fight is just not enticing enough for me to lay down money on Sakara, but I do think he has a shot in this fight.

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Quarry is not a good measuring stick at all. Hands down chin up, with no movement. Quarry is the MMA equivalent to t-ball, so yeah that is not impressing me.

I love the T Ball analogy.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Its harsh though. I love Quarry as a fighter and I think he is tough as nails, but I think that is truthful.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I'm considering a Sakara by decision/Rivera by TKO/KO straddle. Also like it to be FOTN....waiting for skybet to release props then will compare with PaddyPower.

ddream1
    ddream1's Avatar Become A Pro!

this fight for me boils down to AS moving and utilizing leg kicks, and i mean alot of kicks. straight up or in the clinch rivera is good. so AS needs to keep it circling as rivera will come in and cut it off. i can also see rivera taking this down aswell. i like rivera alot at the price but i think he loses this. AS looks complete and that well rounded attack wins this fight, however i passed it, just going to enjoy it

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

its a toss up, a very evenly matched fight..... going to go with rivera because i like his character/story more....

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

both guys are basically middle rung retreads who`s careers have taken a turn for the better by beating guys who were either compromised(irvin) or or shot(quarry)......so,it`s basically solid matchmaking...kudos to the ufc......

i guess beating leites is the crowning achievement(even though leites` star has dropped quite a bit) ...and you could make the argument that sakara has found himself at the lower weight.....

but both usually lose to the upper echelon fighters they`ve faced......wagering-wise,seems like a crap shoot from here...

for some reason,my mind`s eye pictures rivera as the much taller guy...apparently not(as they`re both listed at 6`1").....

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

This is a great FOTN candidate. Both are pure sluggers.