terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Stout -155 v. Taylor

Just locked in on Stout here. I feel like this is a good match up for Stout and he is undervalued coming off loss to Jeremy Stphens as -200 favorite. Taylor is a good kickboxer, but I feel Stout has more power and is more well rounded. He hurt Stephens late in the fight and I thought he was closer to the finish than he realized. Stout looked much more versatile vs. Joe Louzon early this year and I actually would not be suprised if Stout shot in and put Taylor down with a takedown. Talyor has no takedown defense. Only way Taylor wins this fight is by decision and I feel like this is Stout's fight to lose.

Any opinions here? Why is this not -200? Has Taylor been training stateside? Couldnt find anything on it. I know he had a tough cut last time out and he has a long travel to Cal.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

ya i like stout in this matchup a lot. The worse part is my dumbass sat there and stared right at -130 line and I thought maybe it would get better but its only going to get worse.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Taylor has been training in the UK at Team Kaobon.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Wont be able to do prop bets on this which is quite annoying as it is on the undercard...would of definitely put a few units on Stout by decision if I could. Will still probly take him at -150 or better.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Another vote for stout. On a side note both fighters like to stand and trade. Possibly fotn candidate as well.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Forgot to add that Taylor is dropping down to 155lb for this fight from 170. Big cut for him as he is about 6ft tall so may effect his cardio with it being the first time. Obviously on the flipside it means he is going to be bigger lightweight. Also, I've seen around other forums in the past that many people think he actually beat Chris Lytle back at UFC89.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Good contender for fight of the night. I think it's a very tough fight to call, as I really can't say who the better striker is or how the weight cut will affect Taylor. It will probably go the distance, but I don't see any props for that at the moment.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Stout is so hard to judge. He is supposed to be a great stand up fighter but was beatup on the feet by fighters like Stephens and Fisher. Plus if he does win it most likely will go to decision, Stout hasn't finish any of his 9 UFC fights.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

stephens and fisher are some of the best strikers in the ufc, fisher has been slowing down because of father time but he was in his prime for both matchups against stout. To this day i dont know that i have seen a better standup fight than stout/fisher 2, amazing fight.

Stouts big problem is getting countered.
    Last edited by brooks85; 10-17-10 at 05:37 PM.

terpkeg

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Forgot to add that Taylor is dropping down to 155lb for this fight from 170. Big cut for him as he is about 6ft tall so may effect his cardio with it being the first time. Obviously on the flipside it means he is going to be bigger lightweight. Also, I've seen around other forums in the past that many people think he actually beat Chris Lytle back at UFC89.

Wasn't he fighting at 155 at UFC 112? I thought I heard it was actually complications from the weight cut that knocked him off the card.

I also thought he beat Lylte at 89 when I watched it live. I feel like Lytle was not on the top of his game in that fight though and is much improved over the past 2 years.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Wasn't he fighting at 155 at UFC 112? I thought I heard it was actually complications from the weight cut that knocked him off the card.

I also thought he beat Lylte at 89 when I watched it live. I feel like Lytle was not on the top of his game in that fight though and is much improved over the past 2 years.
    Yeah ur right, he was sposed to fight Gunderson wasn't he, but doctor's wouldnt let him because of the cut. And I agree Lytle has improved a lot of the last year and a half.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

A migraine forced him off the UFC 112 card.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i don`t think stout`s much of a puncher...he`s not afraid to stand in there....he`s pretty ggod technically......but stephens basically walked through him until stout got desperate late and went balls to the wall.....

now he`s fighting a bigger guy with a height and reach advantage?.....

hmmm?...

truthfully,though...i don`t have a ton of faith in taylor....stout may just be a little better standing...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 10-18-10 at 05:46 PM.

terpkeg

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    A migraine forced him off the UFC 112 card.
    I thought they said migraine originally, but then tried to move him to another card and was still not cleared by doctors b/c of complications from weight cut. But, I could be wrong. Hard to believe he would stay down at 155 if it caused him this much trouble.

I have a wierd feeling about this and will study the play more as week goes on. May wind up off of it.

ddream1
    ddream1's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have been mulling this over because i think taylor as a 50% chance of winning, if they just stand doesn't taylor have the better chance of winning as i think neither will Ko each other but taylor throws more volume and combos and circles well, stout thorws great combos aswell but less of them and with more power but constantly gets countered as above mentioned. stout very dangerous when he combos with the high kick but with taylor's reach advantages and speed doesn't that take that leg kick away?

another factor is i have met and rolled with a few students from stout's gym and its been mentioned stout really looks to fight the fans fight, loves that contact and i guess what they were suggesting that bonus check, again mentioned above has power, fought strikers over and over and no Ko's.

i like taylor by volume and i like the decision aswell, but only my opinion, cannot decide. gl terkeg as i think u have a huge point in the takedown if stout really wants this win bad but i just think they bang it out to a FOTH check

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by ddream1 View Post
    i have been mulling this over because i think taylor as a 50% chance of winning, if they just stand doesn't taylor have the better chance of winning as i think neither will Ko each other but taylor throws more volume and combos and circles well, stout thorws great combos aswell but less of them and with more power but constantly gets countered as above mentioned. stout very dangerous when he combos with the high kick but with taylor's reach advantages and speed doesn't that take that leg kick away?

another factor is i have met and rolled with a few students from stout's gym and its been mentioned stout really looks to fight the fans fight, loves that contact and i guess what they were suggesting that bonus check, again mentioned above has power, fought strikers over and over and no Ko's.

i like taylor by volume and i like the decision aswell, but only my opinion, cannot decide. gl terkeg as i think u have a huge point in the takedown if stout really wants this win bad but i just think they bang it out to a FOTH check
    I agree, all depends on how Taylor is coping with the weight-cut and whether it effects his speed and cardio.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 10-20-10 at 10:46 AM.

ddream1
    ddream1's Avatar Become A Pro!

weight cuts are always an achilles heel, very excited about this fight and the card overall, should be a blast