terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Gustafsson -113 v. Diabate; Bisping by Dec +161

I think Diabate may be a ittle over vaued here b/c of his UFC debut. I think Gustafsson can use his wrestling to take fight to ground and take rounds if he wants. Gustafsson training last few months at Alliance, working on his grappling and I woud expect to see him use it if the striking is not going his way. He was already clearly confident in his wrestling actualy trying to take down Davis in their fight in April.

Diabate was pressed on cage and dumpd several times by Jamie Fetcher not too long ago. And, Gustafsson is another animal. He is still very young and would expect big improvements each time out. Whereas, Diabate is in mid-ate thirties and you dont know when body will break down.

Plus Gustafsson has big power and I think can end fight with one punch ko.

As for Bisping, he is a very accurate striker. While Akayama gets into wild exchanges, I see Bisping avoiding those. Plus when Bisping gets taken down, he is very active, has great hips and typically gets back to feet quick. I can see Akayama rocking Bisping and taking a round, but i think +161 for Dec at 5dimes has value. Amost think there is a good chance Bisping wins 29-28 and am tempting to take Bisping by Dec +161, Akayama +3.5 -130 and try to hit both.

Any thoughts here??

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    I think Diabate may be a ittle over vaued here b/c of his UFC debut. I think Gustafsson can use his wrestling to take fight to ground and take rounds if he wants. Gustafsson training last few months at Alliance, working on his grappling and I woud expect to see him use it if the striking is not going his way. He was already clearly confident in his wrestling actualy trying to take down Davis in their fight in April.

Diabate was pressed on cage and dumpd several times by Jamie Fetcher not too long ago. And, Gustafsson is another animal. He is still very young and would expect big improvements each time out. Whereas, Diabate is in mid-ate thirties and you dont know when body will break down.

Plus Gustafsson has big power and I think can end fight with one punch ko.

As for Bisping, he is a very accurate striker. While Akayama gets into wild exchanges, I see Bisping avoiding those. Plus when Bisping gets taken down, he is very active, has great hips and typically gets back to feet quick. I can see Akayama rocking Bisping and taking a round, but i think +161 for Dec at 5dimes has value. Amost think there is a good chance Bisping wins 29-28 and am tempting to take Bisping by Dec +161, Akayama +3.5 -130 and try to hit both.

Any thoughts here??

couldn`t agree more with both opinions.....everyone is commenting on gustafsson`s lack of experience...yes,he`s yound...but he`s been competing since he ws a kid...

diabate may be experienced,but he doesn`t have many wins over top notch guys....and has struggled vs much less than gustafsson....

gustafsson has to careful,though....seems that diabate likes to counter and his right hook(from the lefty stance) is his money shot and has leverage on it.....

g.l.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

I am on Gustafsson as well. I think he has more tools and showed some solid wrestling even in the loss to Phil Davis.

As for the Bisping play, I am on Akiyama. But if you are playing Bisping by decision, I would stay away from Akiyama +3.5. My main reasoning is that there may obviously be some judging bias towards Bisping and if one of the judges scores it 30-27 for Bisping, you would pretty much need a split decision between the other 2 judges to cover the spread. Thats JMO. GL today.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bisping can potentially finish this fight. Akiyama likes to gas in long fights and Bisping could take advantage. He's said in interviews that he's trying to go to a more aggresive style for this fight and stop just being a counter puncher. The power is there and if he decides to push the pace I wouldn't be surprised if he finished Akiyama. I do really like your Gustaffson play though. He has only lost to Phil Davis and Phil Davis is a beast. He's got power and a good chin. He should be able to do what he needs to do to win this fight and dictate where the fight takes place.

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Bisping can potentially finish this fight. Akiyama likes to gas in long fights and Bisping could take advantage. He's said in interviews that he's trying to go to a more aggresive style for this fight and stop just being a counter puncher. The power is there and if he decides to push the pace I wouldn't be surprised if he finished Akiyama. I do really like your Gustaffson play though. He has only lost to Phil Davis and Phil Davis is a beast. He's got power and a good chin. He should be able to do what he needs to do to win this fight and dictate where the fight takes place.
    I think the only way Bisping ends the fight is in the 3rd if Yoshi is gassed, but otherwise he will just stick and move his way to a decision.

He can say all he wants that he'll be aggressive but the second he gets popped, flashes of Hendo will come pouring in and he'll retreat.

Bisping by decision looks solid to me.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Im liking Bisping by decision at those odds.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco01 View Post
    I think the only way Bisping ends the fight is in the 3rd if Yoshi is gassed, but otherwise he will just stick and move his way to a decision.

He can say all he wants that he'll be aggressive but the second he gets popped, flashes of Hendo will come pouring in and he'll retreat.

Bisping by decision looks solid to me.
    You were right, but I was surprised Akiyama stayed up the whole time like nothing happened when he was taking so much punishment.

zeroprogress2
    zeroprogress2's Avatar Become A Pro!

You were right, but I was surprised Akiyama stayed up the whole time like nothing happened when he was taking so much punishment.
    i think he really wasnt taking all that much damage since 'ping doesnt punch all that hard

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

i really thought akiyama's only path to victory was taking bisping down with his judo and grinding out a decision. instead he just stood up the entire fight and fought bisping's fight the entire match.

off-topic but akiyama should really consider dropping to welterweight. he's not a title contender at this weight class at all. imagine if he had to face giant MWs like Silva or Marquardt.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

what happened to hardy ?.I guess his chin is solid but not the side of his head.

doubleleg
    doubleleg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Well done. I hit on the Bisping decision as well.

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Nice job.