Staten Ryan
    Staten Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!

MMA...New thread

Starting a new thread starting with UFC...

I admit I suck at sports betting, by i think I suck a little less in MMA.

2 picks for UFC 116

Lesnar and Leben...

I think Lesner will try to get it to the ground and wear him out... I say ref stoppage by 2nd round..

I also like LEben by KO.. I ve seen SexyYama against Belcher, and think he's a tough guy, but I dont think standing toe to toe with Leben is a good idea.. That is basically Lebens game. If Yama had some Jitz, I would think dif, but I think he's gonna try to stand up and bang and I don't think he will be succesful..

GL everyone

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

Welcome and GL. Should be a great night of fights.

Staten Ryan

Good start for the thread!!!

2 for two, good start...Let's see how we do in UFC 117

I love Cain Velaquez, but go gown to Light Heavy weight...No chance against brock....That's like me fighting Anderson Sivia......

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6184

nice calls!

Staten Ryan

K guys, UFC 117 is this Saturday and I cant wait for the spider to kick sonnen ass..I see Anderson beating him on with his standup and then submitting him in the 2nd round. He could probably beat him in the first, but he's going to want to beat on him a little bit. Since anderson is priced too high, I think the pick has to go to John Fitch. I think Thiago will have a hard time defending the take down, and it will be the same outcome as when thiago fought GSP. I also like the value with hughes being the under dog. Could see him getting the takedown and using his ground and pound. I know ricardo has good jitz, but you don't really see hughes getting submitted a lot. Plus he has got to be one of the strongest welterweights....Good luck guys

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Alves just doesn't have takedown defense. I think Fitch is the way to go.

Staten Ryan

agreed...i think it will go to decision, with fitch winning all 3 rounds....don't like that fitch is now the underdog...

Staten Ryan

we are now 4-0, 5-0 if you count the silva fight. Very surprised with sonnen, but I still hate him. If there is a rematch, I will be all over silva. Could see Silva winning by a knee when Sonnen shoots in. Lets try to keep it going @ ufc 118. GL Guys

Staten Ryan

K trying to keep our streak going......I think best bet tonight is Kenny Florian... Randy Couture is pretty much a lock, but not worth risking 6 to 1 odds... Leave that fight alone...I know people are going to bet on Toney just for the hell of it... but that is a waste...just send me the money. Ken flo at 160 is pretty good value for me... Maynard's game to me is basically ground and pound... Ken Flo on the other hand has good stand up and even better ground game... I see ken flo finishing this fight with a submission in the 2nd or 3rd round... Also liking Maia tonight, basically all the favorites.. I usually like to take one under dog if there's good value, but don't see any tonight... My picks will be Couture, Penn, Florian, Maia, and Nate Diaz... but money will go on Ken Flo... Good Luck

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea florian is definitely the best bet. think I'm gonna parlay florian, diaz, and maia and maybe a small bet on edgar.

Staten Ryan

As you as you don't mind losing the money on Edgar... At that division, I think Penn is the most dominant fighter in MMA, but If i was to pick a under dog, i would pick Edgar or Davis, but i just don't think either one will pull it out..

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea i think penn will win this time, but im rooting for edgar and it's just an entertainment play

Staten Ryan

Last UFC 118 was pretty brutal for me... Let's try to get it back on track tonight..

Frank Mir has to be the best pick of the night.....I saw Cro Cop's last fight and was not impressed at all. His fight against Patrick Berry was ridiculous.. Patrick Berry nearly knocks him out, but he doesn't jump on him.. if I didn't know any better, I would have thought that fight was set up. -270 is a bit pricey for Mir, but i think it is the safest bet on board. For best value, I really like Jeremey Stephens... This might be fight of the night right here... Both can stand up and bang, but i think Melvin is going to be too aggressive and find himself getting submitted once again.. GL everyone..