jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

will strikeforce bother to give fedor another fight?

with fedor's loss to werdum, will strikeforce bother to give him another fight given that they have to co-promote with m-1?

fedor is no longer a draw and his stock is completely shot now. will strikeforce continue to co-promote?

i hope m-1 finds themselves effed because i realyl hate fedor for not signing with the ufc. i remember getting so excited when rumors that he was going to join had surfaced (when affliciton folded).

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I hope not, just because I hate M1

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

I think the fedor werdum re-match will happen.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

This loss is no different from any other bad loss in the past. Fedor didn't get destroyed, Werdum landed 0 shots. He gave Werdum a beating and then made a stupid move. He showed the same dominance Lesnar showed in his first fight in the UFC. He knew better and could have easily avoided the sub. Fedor may have lost some fans and some marketability, but it's crazy to think he isn't a huge draw still. It's pretty much guaranteed any fan Fedor had before this fight will watch his next fight also.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

rematch makes sense

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

I think he will rematch Werdum and win easily but his stock is way down. CBS no longer has a reason to carry a strikeforce card and the UFC will never work with M1. That loss will cost Fedor millions.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I don't think the re-match makes sense at all. It was obviously as clear cut a victory as they get. Werdum has nothing to gain from it. I have no idea why he would want it. Unless he's scared of the beast Overeem has become since they last fought.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    I don't think the re-match makes sense at all. It was obviously as clear cut a victory as they get. Werdum has nothing to gain from it. I have no idea why he would want it. Unless he's scared of the beast Overeem has become since they last fought.
    I agree, I dont like the idea of a rematch here.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

fedor is still the best.The only reason he lost is because of his dominance in this sport.He was not concerned and appeared to be testing werdum by not defending himself.

telemetrik
    telemetrik's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, the most dominant heavyweight in the past decade is going to get the boot from strikeforce (!) because of his first real loss in 32 fights. he is not a draw and his stock is completely shot? what did you smoke man

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

He's still tapping

jin2daj

Quote Originally Posted by telemetrik View Post
    yeah, the most dominant heavyweight in the past decade is going to get the boot from strikeforce (!) because of his first real loss in 32 fights. he is not a draw and his stock is completely shot? what did you smoke man
    dude why are you being such a dick? and anyways, its not that strikeforce wont want him anymore, but i think they will definately think they might be overpaying for him. everytime fedor fights, they have to co-promote with m-1 and share profits in addition to paying fedor. thats alot of dough that the UFC refused to shell out. what makes people think strikeforce is so willing?

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Coker has said he still wants to do Fedor vs Overeem with the winner to fight Werdum. The shit is all backwards in Strikeforce I swear lol. So Fedor to fight the champ coming off a loss and the winner of that fights the guy that already beat Fedor? Pure retardation.

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    lol so you think werdum subs fedor in a rematch? and yea werdum dominated the entire fight lol

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    lol so you think werdum subs fedor in a rematch? and yea werdum dominated the entire fight lol
    Fedor lovers are in a strange place right now.

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

******* ufc trolls

Alt75
    Alt75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    dude why are you being such a dick? and anyways, its not that strikeforce wont want him anymore, but i think they will definately think they might be overpaying for him. everytime fedor fights, they have to co-promote with m-1 and share profits in addition to paying fedor. thats alot of dough that the UFC refused to shell out. what makes people think strikeforce is so willing?
    It's pretty simple, Strikeforce and M-1 have a contract. Fedor has one more fight on it. Seems like the business side of things is a bit beyond your level of thinking.

Also, just because Dana/Zuffa wanted to renegotiate Werdums contract after he lost to JDS and pay him half they'd already signed him to, doesn't mean that it's a standard practice from promoters.

I was hoping this forum wouldn't be like Sherdog

southmadejd
    southmadejd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 830

Alt75, unfortunately it seems like this sport I have grown to love has the most retarded fans on the planet (for the most part, I understand there are some good fans too).

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    with fedor's loss to werdum, will strikeforce bother to give him another fight given that they have to co-promote with m-1?

fedor is no longer a draw and his stock is completely shot now. will strikeforce continue to co-promote?

i hope m-1 finds themselves effed because i realyl hate fedor for not signing with the ufc. i remember getting so excited when rumors that he was going to join had surfaced (when affliciton folded).
    Funniest thing I have heard all day.

Sledge187

The truth hurts. Fedor has lost almost all of his mystique. He just is not that good.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

He was never that great, it was a hype machine. Lesnar is the best fighting the best current fighters

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    Coker has said he still wants to do Fedor vs Overeem with the winner to fight Werdum. The shit is all backwards in Strikeforce I swear lol. So Fedor to fight the champ coming off a loss and the winner of that fights the guy that already beat Fedor? Pure retardation.
    Goes right along with Rogers - Overeem for title. I guess you need to lose to get a shot at the Strikeforce HW strap.

Fedor is still going to be a draw. But, it is not like he was ever as big a draw in the USA as many of the UFC stars like Liddell, Ortiz, GSP, Lesnar.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Fedor is still one of the biggest names in the sport and definitely the biggest name outside of the ufc. To say he isn't a draw anymore doesn't make sense to me. He'll definitely fight for strikeforce again, and a lot of people will watch.

squallsquall
    squallsquall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Like him or not, but saying he's no good or not a draw is just stupid.

jin2daj

i guess saying he is not a draw is pushing it but not that many people knew who he was when he was undefeated. the loss to werdum really hurts his stock. i think kimbo could probably outdraw him still

TheGovernor11
    TheGovernor11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Goes right along with Rogers - Overeem for title. I guess you need to lose to get a shot at the Strikeforce HW strap.

Fedor is still going to be a draw. But, it is not like he was ever as big a draw in the USA as many of the UFC stars like Liddell, Ortiz, GSP, Lesnar.
    Basically stole my post from me haha. I couldn't say it any better.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

of coarse fedor is getting another fight..... fedor is still the best the ever was and there ever will be... mma is to much of a crapshoot and there is some much involved... most if not all great mma fighter lose a couple.....im getting tired of ufc fanboys dangling off the ufc's nutsack saying that fedor is overrated and a never was but the next minute they'll chear for couture that has 10 losses/...