kisado
    kisado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

Akiyama +145

Wanderlei is gettin old. Akiyama is hungry and has always wanted this fight. Value, at least...

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

i like akiyama in this fight also

wandy has a suspect chin, it just hasnt been tested in his last two fights.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Lots of value here. Do you think this line could move even more in favor of Wanderlei getting closer to this fight? There's a lot of Wandy nug huggers around and Akiyama still isn't that well known in the states.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

love akiyama in this fight, wanderlei is washed up like crazy, and akiymaa has alot of fight left in him.akiyma should be able to pick wandy apart on the feet and get some takedowns to get an easy win.

SweatySombrero
    SweatySombrero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

love akiyama in this fight, wanderlei is washed up like crazy, and akiymaa has alot of fight left d in him.akiyma should be able to pick wandy apart on the feet and get some takedowns to get an easy win.

O yeah. all the time.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Wanderlei ftw.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Akiyama should take this if he can avoid the big shots early. Wand is awesome, but he's far past his prime and he has too many fans laying dough on him 'hoping' he can still take out the contenders. I think Sexy should be the favorite here... not by much, but slightly b/c he's the fresher fighter, faster, and more technical. This fight could go a lot like the Rich/Chuck fight.

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Wand did show a much more restrained game plan vs Bisping. Seeing this go to the judges so I'm hesitant to make much of a play cause they're such idiots a good chunk of the time. I def think the value is on Sexiyama though

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I believe the Axe Murderer is 15-0 against Japanese fighters! Doesnt bode well for Sexyama!

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Akiyama is Korean lol.

I will most likely be one of the few on Wanderlei but I like it that way lol. The guy trains 24/7. Its his life. He's dedicated at this weight division. Akiyama hasnt fought in a year and has other priorities that come before fighting. Wandy or no play for me.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

looooove it........ waiting to the day of the event to bet because i expect lots of pride fanboys to bet akiyama up....

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    Akiyama is Korean lol.

I will most likely be one of the few on Wanderlei but I like it that way lol. The guy trains 24/7. Its his life. He's dedicated at this weight division. Akiyama hasnt fought in a year and has other priorities that come before fighting. Wandy or no play for me.
    Well he was born in Osaka, competed in Asian games for Japan and acquired Japanese nationality in 2001 so its debatable...think he likes to mix it up!

But yee he's gonna have ring rust like you say and I think Wanderlei will catch him with one of his flurrys as Akiyama doesnt seem to have great head movement based on the Belcher fight.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Yeah, Akiyama's gas tank isnt that great as well. If you watch the Belcher fight, his hands are at his waste most of the fight after the first round. He ate a couple nasty hooks which Wand loves to throw and he hits harder than Alan.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    Yeah, Akiyama's gas tank isnt that great as well. If you watch the Belcher fight, his hands are at his waste most of the fight after the first round. He ate a couple nasty hooks which Wand loves to throw and he hits harder than Alan.
    ha yee he was just walking forward with his chin out almost asking Belcher to punch him in the face! Obviously was a combination of being gassed and tryin to bait Belcher but dont think that will work against the Axe Murderer! Silva wont gas and will just get more and more aggressive.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

sexyamaaaaaaaaaaaaa