makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Boxing Fades

I love Boxing, and I respect the sport because it takes a REAL man to be a good boxer.. But after the 90's it began to fade. The last REAL fight was Lewis vs. Tyson in 2002. When Lewis knocked out Tyson in the eighth, that basically was the end of boxing as far as I'm concerned. Now I just don't care.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33462

I'm guessing OP is just trolling here. We all know there have been many great boxing matches since 2002. Here's a link to one of the many great fights that have taken place in the last few years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzcrc...x=0&playnext=1

makaveli66

Trolling? What are u talking about?? I'm stating a fact. Boxing used to be much more popular than it is now. Check that.. It USED to be popular. There are always going to be competitive matches in any sport that is being played but that doesn't make them great. Even REAL boxers these days know the game is dead, but that doesn't mean they are'nt good at it.

makaveli66

I'm up to the 6th round now watching that fight from the link, and I have to say it's a really good fight. What I ment to say I guess was that people just don't talk about boxing like they used to. It used to be appreciated more, that's all I ment.

oldtim
    going to hit 1000
    oldtim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Link isnt working for me.

makaveli66

It works but only shows u 10 rounds, not the last 2.
    Last edited by makaveli66; 03-24-10 at 03:52 PM. Reason: misspelled word

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Best boxing I have seen was Corrales - Castillo 1. That is worth the time if you can get a link.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli66 View Post
    The last REAL fight was Lewis vs. Tyson in 2002. When Lewis knocked out Tyson in the eighth, that basically was the end of boxing .
    The only thing real about that fights was the PPV buys and specticale. Lewis beating up a Tyson way past his prime was not an elite boxing match. there have been many great fights and fighters since 2002, boxing may not be as popular as it once was in the USA, but is far from dead

GuidaClayAllDay
    GuidaClayAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 543

This is a betting forum. I thought you were going to talk about fading a boxer in an upcoming fight

makaveli66

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    The only thing real about that fights was the PPV buys and specticale. Lewis beating up a Tyson way past his prime was not an elite boxing match. there have been many great fights and fighters since 2002, boxing may not be as popular as it once was in the USA, but is far from dead

Tyson was past his time before that fight, that's common sense. People actually gave a shit about the fight though. I even wanted to watch it. Ok, there have been many great fighters since 2002 but nobody knows any of them or cares except for you guys maybe. Boxing has a pulse maybe, but not a strong one. And that's supposed to be part of boxing anyway, the fight promoting. Don King used to actually hype fights up and and make them more respectable. People fed into this, maybe but that was boxing. And like I said, if it was a big fight, you would know about it because it would be on the front page of the news paper.
    Last edited by makaveli66; 03-24-10 at 11:27 PM.

makaveli66

Quote Originally Posted by GuidaClayAllDay View Post
    This is a betting forum. I thought you were going to talk about fading a boxer in an upcoming fight

I should have reworded it. I didn't realize what it ment, I don't bet on boxing. I was just really bored when I started this.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli66 View Post
    I love Boxing, and I respect the sport because it takes a REAL man to be a good boxer.. But after the 90's it began to fade. The last REAL fight was Lewis vs. Tyson in 2002. When Lewis knocked out Tyson in the eighth, that basically was the end of boxing as far as I'm concerned. Now I just don't care.
    the end of boxing was when greedy fuks like don king started promoting

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Also used as a discussion forum.

makaveli66

Yea, that's what I thought used as a discussion forum too.

Keithzilla
    Keithzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

I used to get all worked up when people posted stufif like this, but it's not worth it. In a way, the guy is right. The general public seems to mostly care about Heavyweights only. Therefore, it's easy for an American right now to say that boxing is in a downward spiral because there aren't any big name american heavyweights making any noise in the division right now. but, there's a couple flaws in his statemens that boxing is fading.

Worldwide boxing is as huge as ever. Travel to Europe and mention a Klitschko and you will see what i mean. Go to Great Britian and mention Haye or Hatton and the average joe will talk your ear off about boxing. Americans like Mayweather dont have the same impact on the American public for some reason. Tyson was huge to Americans for the following reason....his fights were always short, to the point, and exciting. That's what americans crave....quick and exciting....it's our nature. This is why the average joe in a local tavern will talk to you about UFC or another respective MMA outlet. The fights are quick and action packed. It's the same reason most Americans prefer football to soccer. If the teams aren't scoring, why should we watch?

I love boxing, and i know it will never fade to nothing, so i keep watching, and i constantly find new fighters to follow. (Guillermo Rigandeaux is my latest.)

i love boxing discussion threads, so i dont see a problem here!! keep them coming!!!!