Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    There not going to give it to the challenger if hes not finishing the fight
    Tell that to Mighty Mouse.

WRMusic
    WRMusic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1289

I literally had ZERO money on the Jones/Reyes fight. That being said...Anybody who is saying “Reyes got too tired and blah, blah, blah....”

Reyes being tired is irrelevant. The ONLY THING JONES SHOULD’VE GOTTEN CREDIT FOR IN THAT FIGHT (FROM THE JUDGES,) was octagon control. Reyes won that fight. Cleaner, much harder strikes landed by Reyes. Jones “getting a couple takedowns,” what does that mean? He did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WITH ANY OF THEM. REYES WAS BACK TO HIS FEET IMMEDIATELY.

Reyes won that fight, and it should’ve been a UNANIMOUS DECISION. Instead, Jones trying to kick out Reyes’ knee caps to injure him, constant threat of eye pokes, octagon control, and a couple takedowns that took Reyes down for no more than ten or fifteen seconds EVER.....that won Jones the fight?

The judges tonight, they honestly proved that if a fighter doesn’t get a finish....then he or she better be worried. Dominating the majority of the fight is irrelevant because of judges that ALL NIGHT LONG weren’t even paying attention to the fights according to Rogan....at times tonight. Also, their scorecards continue to prove that they’re all 3 watching apparently different fights when scoring them.

The ONLY GUY REYES EVER TRULY LOST TO WASN’T JON JONES. Instead, Reyes ONLY EVER LOST TO VOLKAN OZEDEMIR.

dvb02
    Update your status
    dvb02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1790

That was complete bullshit! Reyes won that fight....No question that he took the first 3 rounds.

Wohlford
    Wohlford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

When mmadecisions.com is crashing, you know the judges f*cked up.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12011

I always say if you are the Champion then take that belt from the Champion....

JJ had Octagon control the entire fight.. Jon Jones won rounds 4 and 5 clearly..

Degenregen
    Degenregen's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought Reyes had it with the 49-46 announcement. Only questionable round was the 4th, Reyes had Jones rocked which is why Jones went for the TD, Jones had octagon control but Reyes landed more damage. Joe Soliz is insane, had 30-27 Ewell and 49-46 Jones. How the hell did Jones win two of the first three? Insane. Champion needs to be finished to lose his title? Tell that to Demetrious Johnson.
    Last edited by Degenregen; 02-09-20 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Joe Soliz not Solis

Wohlford

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

JJ had Octagon control the entire fight.. Jon Jones won rounds 4 and 5 clearly..
    Too bad that little aphorism of yours isn't a rule in this sport.

Yeah, Jones win 4 and 5. But he lost 1-3. That's all there is to it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Reyes was running the entire fight and getting walked down.. JJ got the take downs also.. Was the judging questionable sure but the Champion should keep his belt in tight decisions..

Jon Jones deserves to remain Champion IMO.. Was I rooting for Jon Jones to win NO I WAS NOT just for the record.. I will call a spade a spade though.. Reyes had to do more and close stronger IMO to win and TAKE THAT BELT.. You lose the Championship rounds you lose the fight..

Fedor
    Nowhere to go but up...
    Fedor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12546

You lose the Championship rounds you lose the fight.

When did that go into effect? Over mathematics??

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Fedor View Post
    You lose the Championship rounds you lose the fight.

When did that go into effect? Over mathematics??

Earlier fights were more of a robbery if you ask me.. Main event - Jon Jones was on the attack the entire fight.. That's what Champions do..

Jon Jones was trying to finish and Reyes was on the run the entire fight.. I gotta RSPK that sorry.. The Champion won the championship rounds and closed out the fight stronger also..

I would have been OK with a DRAW if that was possible but I don't think you take away the belt from the champ in this fight.. Jon Jones was bringing the fight to Reyes bottom line..

Wohlford

Jibby, which of the first three rounds did you score for Jones?

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13485

Jones had a methodical strategy which trumps those who blow their load early then dont do anything the later rounds. I'm so glad it trumps winning the first 1-3 because that's bs and you know it.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Might go with Dan Ige.

For the Firas Zahabi fade.

Also Justin Tafa.

To fade Greg Jackson and Juan Adams moving to albuquerque for this fight.

Might also fade Jon Jones.

"-MIGHT-"

WHO'S THE MAN?!

ME!! I'M THE MAN!

JK. BTW.

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

How lucky is Jones wtf that was clear he lost first 3 rounds and maybe even 4th!!! I didnt have any money on this fight unlike when he won(again unfairly) vs Gustaffson.

Sanity Check

Dominick Reyes: "Jon Jones has NEVER fought an athlete like me."

Dominick Reyes: *Gases in championship rounds*

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

presser video has more dislikes than likes. That's a first. wow.

nothing wrong with the video stream quality so it must be the content.
    Last edited by Thrilla; 02-09-20 at 09:51 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well we learned Reyes is a gamer and a tough dude.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Go watch the Cringe vs Mighty Mouse. Reyes did way more than the Cringe in this championship fight.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

I had Jones 2-5 ... Easily Jones 4-5. You gotta take the belt from the champ. Where was Reyes the 2nd half of the fight? Jones walked him down and was always coming forward, since the start of the fight till the end. Agreed Jibbbys.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

now we are back to "you have to take the belt off the champ" Three years ago this theory was shot down every close fight but now we are back to saying it lol. Bottom line take out the gambling on these fight and Reyes wins. Same old shit. a bunch of clowns crying about the judging and this includes Rogan, Dana, and Cruz. this shit will go on forever like i said five years ago. It is why basically they have the same judges doing these fight as well as in boxing. If you are the fighter who has a ton of money on ya like Reyes did tonight with those juicy odds, you are not winning a five round decision,. If all the money was on Jones he would have lost. This country is so gullible that will cry about Judging till the day that they die. I am willing to bet that the fella who had it 49-46 has a lot of other shady scores on his record if it is a big fight with a lot of money on it.

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Jones doesn't have it anymore. He use to be a killer, now he's barely edging Santos and Reyes out of decisions. I thought he lost to Reyes (and bet Jones) just like I thought he lost to Santos. The judges are clearly going with the "you gotta beat the champ to be the champ" and giving him the close rds. Jones should forget about fighting Stipe because he'd lose badly imo

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by bitcoinLuke View Post
    Jones doesn't have it anymore. He use to be a killer, now he's barely edging Santos and Reyes out of decisions. I thought he lost to Reyes (and bet Jones) just like I thought he lost to Santos. The judges are clearly going with the "you gotta beat the champ to be the champ" and giving him the close rds. Jones should forget about fighting Stipe because he'd lose badly imo
    Im kinda stuck on if Jones really is this great of a fighter. Every time he doesn't have all the advantages like most fights he struggles. Yes he does win but is his boxing really that great? He does a lot of cheap shit to win and that kneecap kick should be banned cause it is nothing but a cheap shot like blocking behind the back. I remember when he got popped for roids against Daniel, Daniel basically said "hey i am close to 40 and you have every single advantage over me and you still cheat". You gotta to believe the guy was juiced to the gills. He couldn't even take Reyes down for more than a second. When he was roided nobody stopped or got up from his take downs. Chael said it felt like i was fighting a grizly bear on how strong Jones was.
    Points Awarded:

Wohlford gave Thor4140 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Dominick Reyes: "I'm like a young Jon Jones."

Dominick Reyes: *Is only 2 years younger than Jon Jones*

nyrider88
    nyrider88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

reyes won more rounds, got a knocked down, rocked jon badly a few times. those halfassed td shouldnt have won the fight.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

The Jones talk about walking Reyes down is complete BS. Jones has never been knocked out in the UFC and claims to have a very underrated chin so he saw the immediate aggression Reyes came out with and he wanted to see how long he would be able to keep up that same pace. So he basically baited him to keep throwing strikes in hopes of him gassing, which Reyes eventually started to fade a bit in the championship rounds. He took minimal risks and was extra cautious while taking the center of the cage. In the end Reyes threw nearly 100 more strikes than Jones. The takedowns Jones claims that may have edged him is bologna. He was getting lit up and Latifi did more on the ground than Jones but still lost that fight.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Had 3-2 Reyes myself......Jones cost me a few huge parlays -5.5.....

Anyone else hit some wild ones ? lol....

$7.00 $582.05 $589.05 Win 2 Team Parlay
    Win 2/8/20 8:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1729 Williams wins by TKO/KO +1000* vs Any other result
    Win 2/8/20 7:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1929 Newson wins by TKO/KO +665* vs Any other result
    Had $ on pilarte -3.5 +185 so tossed a little hedge out there

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

lol more like slowly tailing...he was not cutting the cage off....was far from petr yan like lol....
    Earlier fights were more of a robbery if you ask me.. Main event - Jon Jones was on the attack the entire fight.. That's what Champions do..

Jon Jones was trying to finish and Reyes was on the run the entire fight.. I gotta RSPK that sorry.. The Champion won the championship rounds and closed out the fight stronger also..

I would have been OK with a DRAW if that was possible but I don't think you take away the belt from the champ in this fight.. Jon Jones was bringing the fight to Reyes bottom line..

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Reyes didn't really get robbed, but the boxing mentality of "you have to beat the champ to take the belt" needs to die (and isn't true when it came to MM v Cejudo and Hendricks v. Lawler).

Jon's first L is coming though. Would confidently take Stipe or Ngannou over him, and probably Adesanya if he moves to 205.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Reyes won like 30 secs of each round between 1-3 and did nothing 4-5.. you can't take 2 steps forward and 10 steps back...
    #CmonMan
    Jon was just so much better with his energy. Reason why his striking accuracy was much than Reyes, and why he just had more left in the tank the last half of the fight..
    Last edited by UncleChael; 02-10-20 at 11:36 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave UncleChael 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Wow! I would listen to Unc. ^

He doesn't say much...but when he does, you better listen!

Last edited by Thrilla; 02-10-20 at 11:47 AM.
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave Thrilla 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

hilarious

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    The Jones talk about walking Reyes down is complete BS. Jones has never been knocked out in the UFC and claims to have a very underrated chin so he saw the immediate aggression Reyes came out with and he wanted to see how long he would be able to keep up that same pace. So he basically baited him to keep throwing strikes in hopes of him gassing, which Reyes eventually started to fade a bit in the championship rounds. He took minimal risks and was extra cautious while taking the center of the cage. In the end Reyes threw nearly 100 more strikes than Jones. The takedowns Jones claims that may have edged him is bologna. He was getting lit up and Latifi did more on the ground than Jones but still lost that fight.
    Can you imagine some clown saying octagon control for a guy who was getting punch in the face most of the fight. Octagon control is meaningless almost as bad as a takedown and the guy does nothing but lays on ya. Octagon control is nice when u are picking someone apart and not the other way lol. Good lord Jibby. it is almost like you just never pay attention.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Reyes won like 30 secs of each round between 1-3 and did nothing 4-5.. you can't take 2 steps forward and 10 steps back...
    #CmonMan
    Jon was just so much better with his energy. Reason why his striking accuracy was much than Reyes, and why he just had more left in the tank the last half of the fight..
    maybe you better buy the fight next time instead of watching those shitty feeds

First 12345 Last