Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Artem 'GOAT' Lobov vs Paulie 'You've Seen me Spit, Now Watch Me Quit' Malinaggi

Paulie's old, out of shape, got brittle hands, can't hide behind the gloves, won't like getting hit repeatedly by Artem's bare knuckles, and most of all seems way too emotionally invested already.

I'm actually giving Artem a chance here, assuming Paulie doesn't back out.

Thoughts?

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Paulie has severe mental issues.

Baraldsson

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Paulie has severe mental issues.
    You're not wrong brother. Hopefully after Artem gets at him he'll have severe dental issues too.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

SBR Book needs to release a line for this fight

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

is there any lines in general for this fight??
    would like artem if its big + money since he should be the rightful underdog
    this style of fight gives him a slight chance though

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Cmon man Artem has no shot. Mayweather playing with Conor has gotten into some of your heads. Pussy hands Paulie will torch him. You don’t box your whole life and than lose to a sleep like Artem

Sanity Check

Paulie needs a low sodium diet so he isnt so salty.

Baraldsson

"You can't take spitting outta context..." - Paulie Malinaggi, 2019.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Baraldsson

Not impossible that Paulie breaks both his hands early and then has to try survive without throwing anything for the rest of the fight.

Hopefully Artem lands clean a few times at least and makes Paulie regret some of his shenanigans.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Baraldsson 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Baraldsson View Post
    Not impossible that Paulie breaks both his hands early and then has to try survive without throwing anything for the rest of the fight.

Hopefully Artem lands clean a few times at least and makes Paulie regret some of his shenanigans.
    keep reaching. Be lucky if it last a round.

Baraldsson

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    keep reaching. Be lucky if it last a round.
    Wouldn't you love it if Artem at least gave him a scare though? You can be honest.

Thor4140

Wouldn't you love it if Artem at least gave him a scare though? You can be honest.
    Not really and i am a guy who watched Paulie for years and hated his pitty pat style. I am hoping the line is around 3 to 1 and i will load up

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

I'm liking Artem as a significant dog here. Paulie's style doesn't translate well to bareknuckle. The differences between BK and gloved boxing are a lot more profound than people think. Slick outfighting and trunk movement weren't successful techniques in old school BK fights when the outfighter couldn't use the jab like a broomstick to keep guys off him. Guys could just use a bullguard and injure the jabber's hands with the top of their head. Also, the head movement in the pocket won't work when the other guy can just hold the guy in place and hit. There is a 3 second clinch rule in BK FC.

Paulie will need to keep Artem at bay with some power since fast hands won't have enough stopping power without the extra 8 oz of glove to provide the necessary mass. He'll need to throw that right hand, which has been brittle throughout his career.

Paulie seems like a smart enough guy to know the history of boxing, and may change up his style accordingly. But if he boxes the same as usual, Lobov has a good shot at winning. Either way, will be very interesting fight for boxing history nerds.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Dude I am with you....Artem will eat his punches for breakfast.....touch pauly a few times bare knuckle and its over IMO....Pauly can box but he may leave holes open for bare knuckle......the gloves and blocking is in his brain....will be tough to adjust....I never really liked artem bc they overhyped his skill....but there is no doubting his heart and the fighter inside his....guy is willing to die brawling...
    Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    I'm liking Artem as a significant dog here. Paulie's style doesn't translate well to bareknuckle. The differences between BK and gloved boxing are a lot more profound than people think. Slick outfighting and trunk movement weren't successful techniques in old school BK fights when the outfighter couldn't use the jab like a broomstick to keep guys off him. Guys could just use a bullguard and injure the jabber's hands with the top of their head. Also, the head movement in the pocket won't work when the other guy can just hold the guy in place and hit. There is a 3 second clinch rule in BK FC.

Paulie will need to keep Artem at bay with some power since fast hands won't have enough stopping power without the extra 8 oz of glove to provide the necessary mass. He'll need to throw that right hand, which has been brittle throughout his career.

Paulie seems like a smart enough guy to know the history of boxing, and may change up his style accordingly. But if he boxes the same as usual, Lobov has a good shot at winning. Either way, will be very interesting fight for boxing history nerds.

turbozed

This is making me a bit more confident in Artem here. Artem seems to have gained a lot of knowledge and insight having fought in BKB once already. Some points he made:

- Paulie shadowboxing with open hands. Bare knuckle means you have to adjust the way you clinch your fist and throw a punch.

- Artem himself was shocked by difference from BK and MMA and had to make adjustment in-fight

- Sticking out a jab won't work as in boxing, need to avoid contact with forehead or you'll injure your hand

- Artem will push his clinching advantage against Paulie; didn't clinch with Knight as much because Knight was more knowledgeable there as mma fighter

- Conditioning for 2 minute rounds will be different, says BKB is a sprint and he's now more prepared for the higher pace

- Punches don't "stick" to your face but ricochet off. Big difference from MMA gloves. Punches have less ability to stop someone coming forward;

- Pain is sharper when hit without glove; pain in hand is almost unberaable and requires grit to push through (I noticed some guys switch to slapping in BKB because they couldn't handle the hand pain)

- Paulie's passion for fighting is long gone; won't be able to withstand pain from hands

- Artem can ask Paulie to "toe the line" and bring him into the center of the cage by the rules if he's running (I haven't confirmed this is true but know that starts fight "toeing the line" or in center ring 3 feet away from each other).

Sanity Check

I hope Artem wins.

Don't want to see anyone's mom get spit on.

Baraldsson

"If Paulie tries to spit on (Saturday) night, he'll be spitting out teeth..." - not a bad line from Artem.

Baraldsson

Sticking out a jab won't work as in boxing, need to avoid contact with forehead or you'll injure your hand...
    Paulie's passion for fighting is long gone; won't be able to withstand pain from hands
    Could definitely see this happening. Would thoroughly enjoy watching Paulie panic too.

Sanity Check

This is making me a bit more confident in Artem here. Artem seems to have gained a lot of knowledge and insight having fought in BKB once already. Some points he made:

- Paulie shadowboxing with open hands. Bare knuckle means you have to adjust the way you clinch your fist and throw a punch.

- Artem himself was shocked by difference from BK and MMA and had to make adjustment in-fight

- Sticking out a jab won't work as in boxing, need to avoid contact with forehead or you'll injure your hand

- Artem will push his clinching advantage against Paulie; didn't clinch with Knight as much because Knight was more knowledgeable there as mma fighter

- Conditioning for 2 minute rounds will be different, says BKB is a sprint and he's now more prepared for the higher pace

- Punches don't "stick" to your face but ricochet off. Big difference from MMA gloves. Punches have less ability to stop someone coming forward;

- Pain is sharper when hit without glove; pain in hand is almost unberaable and requires grit to push through (I noticed some guys switch to slapping in BKB because they couldn't handle the hand pain)

- Paulie's passion for fighting is long gone; won't be able to withstand pain from hands

- Artem can ask Paulie to "toe the line" and bring him into the center of the cage by the rules if he's running (I haven't confirmed this is true but know that starts fight "toeing the line" or in center ring 3 feet away from each other).

-Paulie claims he hasn't had issues with hand injuries in the last 10 years.

-Paulie says Artem doesn't move his feet well and criticizes his technique.

-Paulie says Artem looked pathetic in his bare knuckle brawl with Jason Knight.

-Paulie admits he's being paid well, this motivated him, admits he's not motivated enough and lacks the ability to return to being a world class boxer.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Hoping "The GOAT" Artem takes this one.

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Will this just be another Mayweather vs McGregor affair?

Baraldsson

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Hoping "The GOAT" Artem takes this one.
    Absolutely. Artem seems like a decent guy whereas Paulie's like one of those guys from school who deliberately spends his time annoying everyone as much as he can and really needs to get his comeuppance.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Baraldsson 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Baraldsson

Journalist asked Artem if he'd consider shaking Paulie's hand after the fight.

"No," says Artem. "But I'll shake his brain."

Was half-expecting him to follow up with "If he dies, he dies."

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

Was half-expecting him to follow up with "If he dies, he dies."

Sanity Check

Live.

Joe Riggs is looking very manly for a guy who once said.

"If Conor McGregor beats Jose Aldo, I'll cut my dick off."

Sanity Check

Next up.

Julian "Let Me Bang, Bro" Lane of TUF fame.

Ah. Nope.

Joey Beltran next.

turbozed

https://twitter.com/therealskuta/sta...231082496?s=09

Rumble says that rumor Paulie had something on his hands and got caught. Obviously take with grain of salt since Rumble is on team Artem

Hugo de Naranja

I've got 2u on Lobov (+190). Anyone else betting this fight?

Sanity Check

Artem got round 1.

Malignaggi not throwing much.

Sanity Check

Did Lobov lose a tooth when Malignaggi landed his right in round 2?

Lobov with his hands in a thai boxing stance. Smh.

Sanity Check

Artem definitely got rounds 1 and 4.

Not certain about 2 and 3.

Think Artem got round 5. Paulie not active enough.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 06-22-19 at 11:02 PM.

Hugo de Naranja

The GOAT takes care of business!
    Points Awarded:

Baraldsson gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed

LOBOOOOOOOOVVVV. Won $2100 there !

Paulie ended up breaking his hand early and never threw that right hand for the last 3 rounds.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave turbozed 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Baraldsson gave turbozed 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

nyrider88
    nyrider88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

easy money! so the pro boxer only has one move? a jab? lol

12 Last