THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

Bellator 207: Mitrione vs. Bader & 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen (October 12,13 2018)

Paramount, DAZN 9:00 pm ET
    Matt Mitrione vs Ryan Bader (heavyweight grand prix semifinal)
    Sergei Kharitonov vs Roy Nelson
    Lorenz Larkin vs Ion Pascu
    Corey Browning vs Kevin Ferguson Jr
    Carrington Banks vs Mandel Nallo

Paramount, DAZN, 9:00 pm ET
    Fedor Emelianenko vs Chael Sonnen (heavyweight grand prix semifinal)
    Saad Awad vs Benson Henderson
    Timothy Johnson vs Cheick Kongo
    Alexander Shlemenko vs Anatoy Tokov
    Henry Corrales vs Andy Main

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

Fedor is a GOAT, but way more excited for the Meathead vs. Master Bader match-up

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

It's going to be one more for the bad guys. A red, white, and blue a** whooping. When you're the greatest fighter in the world, they got a name for you. They don't just call you a great fighter, they call you Chael P. Sonnen. Beat me if you can
    Last edited by UncleChael; 10-10-18 at 10:25 AM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Why should we not be UNLOADING on Tim Johnson....his footwork alone SHOULD be enough to not get knocked out...

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Why should we not be UNLOADING on Tim Johnson....his footwork alone SHOULD be enough to not get knocked out...
    He's not that good. Kongo is old but he is the King of the Bellator grinders. Lots of UFC fighters struggle in their first Bellator fights.

PaperTrail07

I dunno Hugo, he had a full camp for this....Huge Spot for him on a big card....and Kongo is now 43 years old and has not faced anyone need TJ's level IN SOME TIME NOW>...guess I am on my own here.....I see this being VERY one sided.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    He's not that good. Kongo is old but he is the King of the Bellator grinders. Lots of UFC fighters struggle in their first Bellator fights.

PaperTrail07

It wont be pretty....but that $ will cash

HurlSweatPants

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I dunno Hugo, he had a full camp for this....Huge Spot for him on a big card....and Kongo is now 43 years old and has not faced anyone need TJ's level IN SOME TIME NOW>...guess I am on my own here.....I see this being VERY one sided.........
    Agree Paper, you'reeee not aloooooone. I am heeeeere.

Think Johnson moves better and has a rock for a head, with better movement with said rock head. Both are warriors though, Kongo vs. Barry is classic.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave HurlSweatPants 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

my man..... Nobody is doubting what Kongo has done in the past....always one of my fav's to watch..... He also mixes it up pretty well.....
    Quote Originally Posted by HurlSweatPants View Post
    Agree Paper, you'reeee not aloooooone. I am heeeeere.

Think Johnson moves better and has a rock for a head, with better movement with said rock head. Both are warriors though, Kongo vs. Barry is classic.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Background

Bellator 207

October 12, 2018 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut

Erick Silva was expected to make his promotional debut at this event facing Lorenz Larkin in a Welterweight World Grand Prix alternate bout, but Silva pulled out due to injury.[37] He will be replaced by the Romanian fighter Ion Pascu.[38]

Bellator 208

October 13, 2018 at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York

No notable card hiccups.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Back to back fun nights.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5433

I lost so mich money today on tcu and the new york giants. Not betting for few weeks after that. Lost about 3k. I never bet that much but thought tcu was a lock parlayed with utah jazz and also bet giants spread. Feel sick. Gl to everyone that bets the card.

Retibol
    Retibol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1001

Mitrione +280
    Sonnen +235

Sonnen and Fedor can go either way... feels like a coinflip.

Mitrione is a very large HW fighting a LHW, +280 can resist that price

PaperTrail07

The price IS Juicy......I still see Bader just tackling him and wrestling to a boring decision win....
    Quote Originally Posted by Retibol View Post
    Mitrione +280
    Sonnen +235

Sonnen and Fedor can go either way... feels like a coinflip.

Mitrione is a very large HW fighting a LHW, +280 can resist that price

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Jibbby's response in different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post

Need to look into fading Cheikh Kongo. We got 2x Bellator.

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Bongo is winning in Bellator take him by decision.. He fights cautious now.. When you gonna learn Thrilla... Kongo Bongo fights to survive these days.. Can't rule him out on decision wins..

I think he beats slow footed Timothy Johnson by decision.. Kongo chin protects these days...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Cheick-Kongo-2193

I'm on it just don't post.. Waiting for props to come out...

Bellator 208 - Heavyweight 3 rounds - Nassau Coliseum - Long Island, New York - Paramount
    Sat 10/13 4201 Cheick Kongo +110
    10:00PM 4202 Timothy Johnson -130

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47597

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I lost so mich money today on tcu and the new york giants. Not betting for few weeks after that. Lost about 3k. I never bet that much but thought tcu was a lock parlayed with utah jazz and also bet giants spread. Feel sick. Gl to everyone that bets the card.
    sorry to hear demonata..it happens to the best of us. Take a bit of time off to clear your head and come back stronger than ever!
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11961

I'm here... Good little weekend of Bellator action.. I will be watching.. They props out on these fights now also

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MMA mania write ups for tonight's actions -

265 lbs.: Matt Mitrione (13-5) vs. Ryan Bader (25-5)
    The long road to glory stops in Connecticut for two guys who will have to stop liking each other for at least one day. Of the two, Ryan “Darth” Bader had the easier path in the tournament, stopping “King Mo” Lawal in 15 seconds back in May. The reigning Light Heavyweight champion had an easy transition to the Heavyweight circuit given he stands 6’2” and has a 74-inch reach. Combined with his outstanding wrestling credentials, you have a guy who was tailor-made to complete in this tournament, but with his knockout wins now in the double digit mark (10) you have to acknowledge his power as much as his amateur wrestling background.
    Ole’ “Meathead” Matt Mitrione knows a few things about power, too. The former NFL player is a physically imposing specimen at 6’3” and 254 pounds. He’s built like a Mack truck and hits like one, too, with 85 percent of his wins (11 of 13) coming via knockout. A 79-inch reach makes him incredibly dangerous to go toe-to-toe with. Unless you are quicker on the draw and more accurate in your targeting, he’s going to hit you first and hurt you more in any exchange. The only man alive who could probably survive the pounding he can deliver unchecked is his first round opponent Roy Nelson, who he beat by majority decision.
    What will happen when bad intentions and pride collide with good judgment? Fireworks. The excitement of them running to the center to throw bombs immediately is always possible with the impulsive Mitrione, but it’s far more likely that they will each respect the power game and spend at least a half minute feeling out the range. Bader is increasingly more confident in his stand-up, but the huge reach disadvantage will almost certainly tempt him to time an overhand punch, drop levels and hit a single- or double-leg takedown. Trying to keep Mitrione there against his will is a difficult proposition. If Bader can sweep quickly to side control, lay down some hammers and then go for an arm triangle choke before both men are too sweaty, that’s the ideal winning scenario. Don’t discount the possibility that Mitrione stuffs a takedown with brute strength alone as opposed to technique. In this case Bader needs to negate the range with pressure against the cage and dirty boxing. If he avoids power strikes his smaller size and faster speed will win the day. One wrong move will cost him dearly.
    Final prediction: Matt Mitrione wins via first round knockout

265 lbs.: Roy Nelson (23-15) vs.
    Sergei Kharitonov (27-6, 1 NC)
    Even though “Big Country” Roy Nelson has been trading wins for losses dating back to 2015, he’s still an incredibly dangerous (and popular) man inside the cage. Fourteen of his 23 wins come via knockout (almost 61 percent) — and no matter how much taller or bigger an opponent is — he can still find his chin. Kharitonov is a dangerous knockout artist, too, garnering 15 of his 27 wins (55 percent) of his wins through raw striking power. The downside for both men is that exchange of fireworks can (and often do) backfire — for Kharitonov that’s Javy Ayala, for Nelson that’s Mark Hunt, and so on. I expect Nelson to at least try to take down Kharitonov and go the safer route, especially given he’s 42 and is giving up the advantage to his opponent in nearly every category. Kharitonov is five years younger, four inches taller (6’4”) and has four more inches of reach (76). One good shot could land either man on his ass, but Nelson can trade his last loss for a win simply by taking down Kharitonov and keeping him there.
    Final prediction: Roy Nelson wins via unanimous decision

170 lbs.:
    Lorenz Larkin (19-7, 1 NC) vs. Ion Pascu (18-8)
    Originally, Lorenz Larkin was to face Yaroslav Amosov for the alternate slot in the Welterweight Grand Prix, then Larkin was supposed to face Erick Silva instead (20-9, 1 NC), but Silva withdrew with an injury. Running out of options at this late date, Bellator found “Bombardierul” Ion Pascu (18-8) from Romania to step in. On the plus side, Pascu has won three of his last four fights (all in BAMMA). On the minus side, he was easily handled by Ed Ruth in his Bellator debut, and Larkin is a far more experienced fighter than Ruth. Pascu comes by his nickname for his ability to drop bombs, scoring knockouts in half of his wins (nine of 18). Larkin stands 5’11” with a 72-inch reach and holds 11 wins by knockout. Pascu stands two inches shorter, but has a slight one inch reach advantage. Given Larkin has had a full camp and Pascu is a short notice replacement, I give him little hope of pulling this off.
    Final prediction: Lorenz Larkin wins via knockout

155 lbs.:
    Kevin Ferguson Jr. (3-1) vs. Corey Browning (2-1)
    So far, Bellator has played it largely safe with giving “Baby Slice” Kevin Ferguson Jr. winnable fights. And tomorrow’s Bellator 207 match is no exception. Browning’s last fight was a loss to Aaron Hall more than two years ago, so he’s rusty and dusty, not to mention a skinny Lightweight at 5’11.” Ferguson is theoretically the same size, but his record of Catchweight fights shows how muscular he is and how hard a cut to 155 pounds can be for him. If he makes the weight safely with no issues, his ever-improving ground game and more recent experience play to his strengths both figuratively and literally. Browning’s only two wins are by submission, though, and that’s also Ferguson’s only loss, so it’s not completely out of the realm of possibility for Browning to have improved enough to win after two years off.
    Final prediction: “Baby Slice” walks away with a decision

155 lbs.:
    Carrington Banks (7-1) vs. Mandel Nallo (6-0)
    Aside from one bump in the road, “Jetsetter” Carrington banks has soared in his career. A lifelong wrestler cut from the “I’ll fight anybody” cloth, he tends to out-work opponents rather than finish them, taking five of his seven wins to the judges. Tri-Star Gym upstart Nallo is the exact opposite — two knockouts and four submissions for a 100 percent finishing rate. His quick finish at Bellator 189 opened some eyes, but Banks is figuratively and literally a much bigger fish to fry than a preliminary guy. Since Nallo has never been to the third round in his career, a fast start is his best chance to win, and if Banks turns it into a grind against the cage, Nallo is in for a rough night.
    Final prediction: Carrington Banks wrestles his way to a victory
    That’s a wrap!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-12-18 at 12:23 PM.

PaperTrail07

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

“My phone rings, they call me up and say, ‘Chael, your testosterone level is too high.’ I say, ‘Well, how high was it?’ They say, ‘0.7.’ I said, ‘What’s normal?’ They say, ‘0.6.’; I said, ‘One-tenth? You’re telling me I’m one-tenth higher than the average man? Re-test that – you must have caught me on a low day.'”

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

15:30 Main Card

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Sup with the odds movement in Banks vs. Nallo?

Consensus in the scene on the wrestler Banks but the money is on Nallo. He opened +200ish now small fav.

Significant size advantage Nallo in the weigh-ins face-offs.

Sup?
    Last edited by Thrilla; 10-12-18 at 07:52 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Going Larkin ITD in this first main card fight.. He could win by decision though.. Rolling the dice...

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Corey Browning doesn't have a muscle on his body. If Baby Slice loses this one Kimbo will roll over in his grave. (may he R.I.P.)

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post

Corey Browning doesn't have a muscle on his body. If Baby Slice loses this one Kimbo will roll over in his grave. (may he R.I.P.)
    Baby Slice ain't no world beater yet... Just saying.. Odds might be a little over inflated here... Can on Can violence anything goes..

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Baby having a hard time. Damn

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Oh shit I meant Baby Slice! Only girls are allowed to call him 'Baby'.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15505

Kimbo has better cardio than his kid

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

"WOW!" - Mike Goldberg

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Baby Slice ain't no world beater yet... Just saying.. Odds might be a little over inflated here... Can on Can violence anything goes..
    Thrilla when you gonna learn mang I should have bet my normal $100... Like I said Baby Slice ain't no world beater...

$50.00 $537.50 Pending 10/12/18 10:00pm MMA Props Fighting 3205 Browning wins inside distance +1075* vs Not Browning inside distance

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

lol ok When will I learn...nice after the fight betslip post.

Jibbby you want me to put you in your place? Go ahead challenge me 'The greatest sports bettor in history of mankind' to a capping contest.

Loser has to provide shelter in his own house to an illegal mexican family that just crossed the border.

You in?

Giroux
    Giroux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7412

Joining late fellas...appreciate all the info

HurlSweatPants

nice call jibbs

1234 Last