Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

GGG vs Alvarez 2

The pinnacle of boxing was on display when Saul “Canelo” Alvarez faced off against Gennady “GGG” Golovkin on September 16, 2017. However, an unsatisfying draw means we need to run it back. GGG is being pegged as the -155 favorite with Canelo coming back at +125 for the rematch.

The rematch – which will take place on September 15, 2018 – was originally booked to take place on Cinco de Mayo weekend earlier this year. However, that bout was canceled after Alvarez withdrew following a positive test for traces of Clenbuterol.

Rematch @ this saturday.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15427

Goes the distance will be my bet. Not going to pick a side and get screwed again

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Was on GGG first fight from memory felt robbed but I can't take him again. I thought he would win fairly comfortably but he looked lethargic for long periods in that fight and Carnelo was looking really good in patches also. If Carnelo fights like the back half of that last fight where it looked like he had GGG figured out he's a very live dog. Just going off memory though going to have to watch it again.

Hopefully GGG turns it up a few notches from that last one and it's fireworks, last fight was entertaining from a purists perspective and did have action but I think these guys can put on a heck of a show.

*Edit as below just rewatched the fight

I thought Carnelo dominated the back half of the fight but it was arguably only the last three rounds where maybe his corner said he was losing, he started amazing though but my comment is wrong in regards to figured out.
    Last edited by Mase of Base; 09-13-18 at 03:32 AM.

Mase of Base

Okay on watching it again that was a crazy good fight I'm really looking forward to this now. That judging decision must of left an impression on me that it wasn't that good.

Both those guys have some chins they both took decent shots and were never really rattled, as Unlearn said this prob goes the distance again but too much juice for me. And after watching I actually want to bet GGG again but will probably hold off and just watch this one if anything might take each guy to get a knock down small, they landed some big shots but neither could quite capatalise with a follow up.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Great fight, but that ref that scored for Canelo was garbage...like, at least score by a point at most?

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3038

Quote Originally Posted by keely85 View Post
    Great fight, but that ref that scored for Canelo was garbage...like, at least score by a point at most?
    I think she scored it 118-112 for Canelo, that was garbage. I was fine with the draw as it was a close fight and now we get it again. I like GGG as the slight favorite but no outcome would surprise me.

Broxbomber
    Broxbomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3957

1st fight was a draw. Fight Goes the Distance is -200. Both guys have incredible chins so in a close fight why not sprinkle a little on a draw. I put $20 at +1800 odds.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by Broxbomber View Post
    1st fight was a draw. Fight Goes the Distance is -200. Both guys have incredible chins so in a close fight why not sprinkle a little on a draw. I put $20 at +1800 odds.
    Would have to be some brave judging to give a guaranteed trilogy two draws to start off!

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

HBO 24/7 goes behind the scenes ahead of one of the most anticipated rematches in boxing history: Canelo v GGG 2

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

I think this one goes the distance again because I don't think either fighter gets knocked out and I took GGG by decision. He might try to go for the knockout early on because he got screwed last time but I think the most likely result is that Canelo doesn't go down and GGG wins by banking rounds early.

dawg58kahn
    dawg58kahn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1235

GGG win on points. Book it.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

Really making us wait a hour and a half lol....

Just put $100 on GGG.

LETS
    GO

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

G is done canelo might get the stoppage

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15427

Easy GTD winner. Scored it 7-5 GGG 0 chance I would've put $ on either fighter after that BS decision first go round