LineShifterz
    LineShifterz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 871

MMA Woodley vs Till ..... who we betting ?

gonna be in vegas for the fight..... thinking about going all in on Till paralying with GGG parlaying with Khabib ...... lfg

but what are yall thoughts .... Till or no bet?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Gonna wait to see how the weight cuts go.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by LineShifterz View Post
    gonna be in vegas for the fight..... thinking about going all in on Till paralying with GGG parlaying with Khabib ...... lfg

but what are yall thoughts .... Till or no bet?
    You are going to be in vegas for the fight that's in dallas?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Twood for me and maybe by decision.. He's got the wrestling chops.. He'll be to quick and evasive for Till to land something big also .. Big size difference though.. Won't matter... Till hasn't fought anyone as good as Twood to date...

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Twood for me and maybe by decision.. He's got the wrestling chops.. He'll be to quick and evasive for Till to land something big also .. Big size difference though.. Won't matter... Till hasn't fought anyone as good as Twood to date...
    Didn't he just fight Wonderboy? I wood think most would think Wonderboy is right there with Woodley in terms of how good he is.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Didn't he just fight Wonderboy? I wood think most would think Wonderboy is right there with Woodley in terms of how good he is.
    He did and it went the distance.. Twood is better then Wonderboy though and a completely different fighter.. Twood beat Wonderboy worse then Till did in my opinion...

Till is best against stand up fighters that won't threaten with the take downs. Wonderboy never threatened with a take down... If Twood fights smart he'll take Till down.. Till has suspect TD defense as well..

Those are my true thoughts on this match up.. Twood all day long if he mixes it up and uses his wrestling chops.. Even if he doesn't he still has a good chance to win standing..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-26-18 at 11:04 PM.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Worst decision of the year so far

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/908...ephen-Thompson

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Is this a thread for the whole event or just for discussing Woodley/Till match-up?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

Till for me..I think he will bully TWood around with the massive size difference and tire him out. Till just needs to avoid the right hand.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Till for me..I think he will bully TWood around with the massive size difference and tire him out. Till just needs to avoid the right hand.
    And take downs.. If I remember correctly Twood took down Wonderboy several times in their fights.. It will be much easier to get a double on Till for Woodley...

Woodley is a pretty cerebral fighter and I do think he will go for take downs in this fight because that will be his biggest advantage going in.. Till has sub par take down defense.. Pretty easy to put him on his back.. Reminds me of Conner McGregor in a sense now..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-27-18 at 11:29 AM.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I had wonderboy winning that fight and could not believe unanimous for over rated till. I was pissed.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Demonata 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Demonata

I think tyron is a really smart fighter and studies his opponents a lot and uses that in the cage. He will do just enough to win but not risk losing. Hard to bet against a fighter like that.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

1011 Woodley wins by 5 round decision +221

Thor4140

What is really sickening is this guy who most thought lost and also came in heavy ,gets a title shot? I really want to see this fight but this really is fuked up.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Thor4140 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

What is really sickening is this guy who most thought lost and also came in heavy ,gets a title shot? I really want to see this fight but this really is fuked up.
    Yeah, it makes no sense.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Colby Covington was next in line to fight Woodley.

Unfortunately, he was injured and Darren Till stepped in.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Colby Covington was next in line to fight Woodley.

Unfortunately, he was injured and Darren Till stepped in.
    Everything about it stinks to hi heavens. They could have picked someone else. Unfortunately i still think he beats Woodley and i bet him but i wouldn’t shed any tears if Woodley knocks his head off. Just feel he is way to big. Proabably the biggest 170 pound man i ever saw if he makes weight that is.

Hugo de Naranja

Everything about it stinks to hi heavens. They could have picked someone else. Unfortunately i still think he beats Woodley and i bet him but i wouldn’t shed any tears if Woodley knocks his head off. Just feel he is way to big. Proabably the biggest 170 pound man i ever saw if he makes weight that is.
    I really don't get everyone talking about Till being so huge. He is slightly above average size at 170 pounds. Similar height and reach to guys like Ponzinibbio, Cerrone, and Thompson. Till is the exact same size as Leon Edwards (6'0", 74" reach). He is significantly smaller than someone like Neil Magny (6'3", 80" reach) or Carlos Condit (6'2", 75" reach) and isn't even particularly thick.

I guess if you repeat something about yourself enough times, people start repeating it with you.

Thor4140

I really don't get everyone talking about Till being so huge. He is slightly above average size at 170 pounds. Similar height and reach to guys like Ponzinibbio, Cerrone, and Thompson. Till is the exact same size as Leon Edwards (6'0", 74" reach). He is significantly smaller than someone like Neil Magny (6'3", 80" reach) or Carlos Condit (6'2", 75" reach) and isn't even particularly thick.

I guess if you repeat something about yourself enough times, people start repeating it with you.
    I was repeating what Wonderboy said. Saying he was huge and looking at the two he was a lot bigger. He also looked to be huge next to Woodley. Ill take your word for it Hugo since u also pointed out that Kevin Lee had a longer reach than McGregor which i was floored when you were right. No need to get hostile lol.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Thor4140 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

I was repeating what Wonderboy said. Saying he was huge and looking at the two he was a lot bigger. He also looked to be huge next to Woodley. Ill take your word for it Hugo since u also pointed out that Kevin Lee had a longer reach than McGregor which i was floored when you were right. No need to get hostile lol.
    No hostility intended. Just annoyed that this is a major discussion for the fight. For me, it's a non-factor. Woodley is always the shorter man.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

One neglected point here could be Darren Till bringing Diaz brother / Conor McGregor pressure. Till moves forward and doesn't give his opponents time to rest or breathe. He's good at using his reach and everything he throws can inflict damage.

I don't know if Woodley can keep up with him for 5 rounds. T-wood fought Stephen Thompson and Demian Maia 5 rounds but both Maia and Thompson gave Woodley plenty of space and time to rest. I don't know if Woodley can last with Darren Till constantly on him.

It could be like the Drew Dober vs Jon Tuck fight where you know one guy fights at a high pace because he has good cardio. And you know his opponent fights at a slow pace, probably because his cardio isn't that great. If its a high pace fight, Woodley coulld fade while Darren Till still looks fresh. The outcome could be obvious @ that point.

Darren Till's weight cut could be a huge factor though.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 08-28-18 at 04:50 AM.