Trixie
    Trixie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Pacquiao - Clottey

Seriously, can anyone talk me off of Pacquiao by KO/TKO? Clottey hasn't been knocked out in his career and will likely come in around 160 after re hydrating. Pac doesn't have much chance of a one punch stoppage but I definitely think an accumulation stoppage like the one he had against Cotto is possible. And more than value for money at +240.

That passive defensive shell that Clottey employs won't serve him well as bunching up is pretty much the worst thing that you can possibly do against Pacquiao. He will unload on you and not leave until he's tagged you at least once. And while it works well for Arthur Abraham that's only because he has the capacity to explode out of it whereas Clottey is a lot more labored. Pacquiao will feast on a stationary opponent.

Clottey hits harder than Cotto I think because post Margo, Cotto has been throwing mostly arm punches. But the punches that do damage to you are the ones you don't see and I don't see Pac missing Clottey's. You know when he's gonna throw because he waits for you to stop before he does so. He kind of out-toughs you when he wins rather than surprise you down the pipe with shots.

Pacquiao needs to make a statement with this fight to help the 'Cold War' campaign that he is fighting against Mayweather and particularly if Team Pac intend to resume negotiations for the megafight again. Nothing less than a stoppage will be acceptable for them. Particularly with all that garbage from Mayweather pre-Marquez about how when he knocks someone down you better believe he's finishing that guy off. He couldn't do it to a guy two divisions smaller than him. Pacquiao will want to show that he can do it to a guy coming into the fight at least one division's weight bigger than him.

Especially when because of how events shook out Mayweather is definitely gonna be showing PPV numbers that dwarf Pacquiao's. No way a May-Mosley fight makes less thana Pac-Clottey fight.

I've been following the rhetoric coming out of both camps and in respects this bet the chatter has not exactly been particularly supportive. Freddie Roach has said on several occasions that they won't go for a stoppage and that's not their aim. Before the stoppages against Diaz, Hatton and Cotto Roach had plenty to say about what they were gonna get.

However I still think it will happen.

Josh Clottey's trainer can't even enter the country because of **** issues. Clottey is not the mental colossus that Pacquiao is - he routinely buckles mentally in championship rounds even in fights that are there to be won (most recent example, in the Cotto fight). I don't think that training camp complications will be as easily overcome in Clottey's camp as in Pacquiao's.

Finally, and in my opinion, most importantly, Clottey has learned nothing from the downfall of De La Hoya, Hatton and Cotto. Brother Nazim (Mosley's trainer) and the Mayweathers have all managed to realize that the cat is out of the bag with Pacquiao. His greatest trick was fooling people into thinking that he was a small welterweight. He's not. Like Nazim said; saying he is a small welterweight is like saying Tyson was a small heavyweight. It is irrelevant. Cotto thought he would bully Pacquiao because he was bigger and stronger. Hatton thought the same.

Critical misunderstanding of the proposition at hand. Because Clottey has repeatedly told reporters that he will bully Pacquiao with his superior strength. When you underestimate him and his immense power, like the punch that you don't see coming is the one that knocks you out, the little guy that you don't actually realize is a monstrous one is the one that lays you out.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

im probably gonna bet on clottey as a 'karma' bet after his neeedle phobia scenario. i know i have no shot, but itll create soo much buzz if he loses. no other reason i will bet clottey

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll be on the same thing. Pacquiao's gonna kick his ass, GL

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I'm with you, Pac will dominate this...

Trixie
    Trixie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Has anyone been keeping track of line movement on this?

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Pacquiao's gonna win.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Judging by the massive response, it looks like not many people care about this fight

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

good post OP! very well written and thought out. im with you on pacman. just dropped a big bet on him ML.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    Judging by the massive response, it looks like not many people care about this fight
    i really dont care about this. it wouldnt suprize me if this kills all the momentum and buzz that manny had built up

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

pacquiao will win.The fight will probably finish will pacquiao winning most of the rounds.I will bet my house, my car ,my wife delicious ,and my kids on this one.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i pretty much just put my entire bankroll on pacman. heres hoping he takes it.