dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Gaethje won't remember his own name in 10 years but he sure is entertaining!

the1yankee
    the1yankee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3689

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Great fight. Think that Gaethje would've kept steamrolling if he didn't poke Poirier and give him like 5-6 minutes of rest time.

Any break in a fight is killer for Gaethje's style.

But...BIG CREDIT TO POIRIER THO, I mean Rogan n Co. had PO,

wrote off,

THAT HIS POWER WAS GONE, NO MORE FIRE IN THEM PUNCHES ANYMORE, NONE, ZERO!!

FROM JGs SMOOTH LUMBERJACK WORK!

TIL LIGHTNING STRUCK

FROM A GUY WITH.......NOOOO POWER LEFT, JUST PUNCHING OFF HIS HEELS, U SURE BOUT THAT ROGAN?!?

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

I wish Gaethje had fought differently.

Not stood flat footed everytime Poirier threw a combo. Used angles and fought more technically. Also used his wrestling more.

The way Gaethje fought completely ruined that for me, it was a fight he probably should have won but lost by making some basic mistakes.

Also letting Herb Dean ref your fight? Noooo.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by the1yankee View Post
    Very true, but it seemed Mr Dean didn't wanna do it, from his body language, but...Poirier played it just like anybody else would, to try n earn the pt penalty.

Can't blame Herb, he was kinda backed into having to make that call

Why didn't he do it with Adesanya? Don't forget the post-fight blackpower fistbump.

I'm considering factoring in Herb Dean's bias in Black vs Non-Black fights.

the1yankee

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Why didn't he do it with Adesanya? Don't forget the post-fight blackpower fistbump.

I'm considering factoring in Herb Dean's bias in Black vs Non-Black fights.
    I'm believing it.

I called the loyalty dept at Directv, to negotiate my annual contract after my 2 yr commitment.

Who answers, a nasty ass latino female who acted like...I CALLED HER AT HOME, WHILE SHE'S SLEEPING.

TOLD ME NO DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR ME, I IMMEDIATELY HANG UP ON HER, CALL BACK 1 SECOND LATER

GET A NICE WHITE LADY LIL SOUTHERN DRAWL, WHICH I FIND VERY INTRIGUING, BUT THAT'S OFF TOPIC.

ASK HER SAME QUESTION AS OTHER LADY, ANY DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR ME AT MOMENT???

HER NEXT WORD, YES WE DO, $20/mo off for 12mo. AND $10/mo off for 12mo.

AMAZING!

DO PEOPLE GET PLEASURE OUT OF NOT HELPING OUT ANYBODY N EVERYBODY THEY CAN??

SAD ANSWER..... DAMN RIGHT THEY DO!

the1yankee

And I think to myself

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

LOL

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

4543647-_Dustin-_Poirier-_Quote-_We-fall-but-we-get-up-because-the-g

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Gaethje noooooo

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

Quote Originally Posted by the1yankee View Post
    But...BIG CREDIT TO POIRIER THO, I mean Rogan n Co. had PO,

wrote off,

THAT HIS POWER WAS GONE, NO MORE FIRE IN THEM PUNCHES ANYMORE, NONE, ZERO!!

FROM JGs SMOOTH LUMBERJACK WORK!

TIL LIGHTNING STRUCK

FROM A GUY WITH.......NOOOO POWER LEFT, JUST PUNCHING OFF HIS HEELS, U SURE BOUT THAT ROGAN?!?
    Rogan and Co, who are you talking about?

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Gaethje will be a top 10 guy in the most stacked division in the UFC imo which a great feat but the style he imposes just isnt sustainable to be a champion... guy is the most exciting fighter in MMA and he always has a shot at knocking a guy dead, but if Porier can withstand the first couple barrages i think his skill will take over and hell get a round 3/4 finish ..... Gaethje training his wrestling and saying hell blast some doubles on UFC Countdown to change up his game a bit so his opponent stays guessing, but Porier is a beast on the ground so im not even sure thatll help him out here... Porier is my darkhorse of the division right now , a ton of people sleeping on that guy... his chin always scares me a bit , but since moving up to 55 his chin looks better , -120/-140 range is a steal imo
    i predict these tingz round 3-4 prop bb
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

i want barbosa vs gaethje and porier vs ferguson
    do whats right UFC

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Only picking against you on Perez and Reis, but neither one I'm all that confident in. I bet Lopez earlier this week with more confidence but have walked it back since. Good luck!
    Looks like we split these

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by spurginobili View Post
    Damn, Williams looked done after rd 1. I guess I jinxed it
    I blame you for that Sanders R2 bet not cashing

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Clock View Post
    I am starting to really like these long shot props, have been running hot on them
    LSPs are the way to go. Let's keep it going my friend

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Clock View Post
    As someone that took Vittori live at +325, I think Israel won that pretty soundly. It would have been a robbery if they didn't give Israel R1.
    Nice to see some objective analysis every once in awhile

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

841_Dustin_Poirier
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

I know you're a big Dustin Poirier fan... I am too. That was incredible and I love that outcome. Gaethje loses nothing and Poirier gains everything he deserves.
    You're god damn right.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    I wish Gaethje had fought differently.

Not stood flat footed everytime Poirier threw a combo. Used angles and fought more technically. Also used his wrestling more.

The way Gaethje fought completely ruined that for me, it was a fight he probably should have won but lost by making some basic mistakes.

Also letting Herb Dean ref your fight? Noooo.
    What are you talking about Sanity? That is literally how Gaethje fights in all his fights

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    i predict these tingz round 3-4 prop bb
    Nice call Fire

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    What are you talking about Sanity? That is literally how Gaethje fights in all his fights
    My thoughts exactly. Have you watched his previous fights? You know exactly what you’re gonna get outta Gaethje every time out. He was never going to do anything different than what we saw

firekillex

whichever judge didnt give Israel that win should be fired...
    most obvious round 1-2 10-9 ive ever seen lol easy 29-28 scorecard

guys crying for an eye poke when he got elbowed in the face , then storms off after losing thinking he won... what a joke

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12011

Lost my asss on this event.. Not good.. Next...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Gaethje won't remember his own name in 10 years but he sure is entertaining!
    Yup, he's bobble head doll in every fight.. Can't be good for the old noodle.. He should retire soon or start wrestling in fights..

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post

My thoughts exactly. Have you watched his previous fights? You know exactly what you’re gonna get outta Gaethje every time out. He was never going to do anything different than what we saw
    Both Justin Gaethje and Rose Namajunas have Trevor Wittman as a coach.

Thug Rose is more technical and fights a lot smarter than Justin Gaethje does. Look at how far Thug Rose has come after losing to Carla Esparza on the TUF finale.

You would expect Justin Gaethje to improve the way everyone else is improving. At least stop making those basic and fundamental mistakes which are embarrassing for someone to make who is a contender in one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC.

Was Trevor Wittman smiling in Gaethje's corner? He shouldn't be smiling when his fighter stands flat footed and eats every single combo his opponent throws at him. You can be an exciting fighter without being hit all the time.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Justin gasses late in fights and that's part of the problem. The main reason he gets knocked out is because he's gassed and his hands begin to drop, little head movement as well. Becomes a very stationary target.. His pace is his own enemy.. DP matched his pace and had a better gas tank. Better technical boxer also, Justin had a hard time landing his shots..

Justin really got schooled in that fight.. DP matched his toughness also which kinda surprised me..

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Gaethje looks as 1 dimensional fighter as it gets in his fights. Go forward turtle up(absorbing insane amount of damage or lose), leg kicks and head strikes. Old Conor(who knows when Conor will fight again) would destroy Gaethje in my opinion. But Gaethje should do well vs current champ in Khabib so is shame he lost this fight. Sadly few more fights like that and he can be vegetable before he is 40

firekillex

gaethje said he has 5 more fights left
    hes literally the exact same fighter every fight not sure why people are now surprised lol

hands down the most exciting fighter in MMA though imo

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

This outcome was known, stll luv Gaethje but I said it, face-tanking punches, works against a meh fighter, not so much other animals, dude got pieced the hell up.

Shagdogy

Both Justin Gaethje and Rose Namajunas have Trevor Wittman as a coach.

Thug Rose is more technical and fights a lot smarter than Justin Gaethje does. Look at how far Thug Rose has come after losing to Carla Esparza on the TUF finale.

You would expect Justin Gaethje to improve the way everyone else is improving. At least stop making those basic and fundamental mistakes which are embarrassing for someone to make who is a contender in one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC.

Was Trevor Wittman smiling in Gaethje's corner? He shouldn't be smiling when his fighter stands flat footed and eats every single combo his opponent throws at him. You can be an exciting fighter without being hit all the time.
    I just think there is no coaching Gaethje. He's had 20 fights and won 18 of them with 15 KOs. That's nuts. He does what he does and you don't really coach him as much as support him. He's gonna march forward and test your toughness and if you make it through the fire then hats off to you. DP made it through. But to think Gaethje was suddenly going to be a different fighter is unreasonable.

Shagdogy

Lopez -127, 1.27u
    Mueller -135 (average of 2 bets), 2u
    Tavares -125, 2u
    Adesanya/Vettori o1.5, -165, 2u
    Poirier -140, 2u

Oliveira/Bhullar parlay -120, 1.2u
    Oliveira/ACJ parlay +100, 1u

That's all for me... I think. Will try to keep my cool regardless what happens early in this card and let it play out. Never know though once it gets rolling. Good luck everyone!
    Card Total: 5-2, +4.25u

YTD: 46-38, +19.41u

Event Total: 7-4

Another solid event. Really been back on track these past two. I regret my Lopez play, but I feel real good about not playing the Waterson/Casey fight. I saw so much love and confidence for Casey going around, but I just didn't see it. Sure, she may have won the fight but it was no slam dunk and I'm glad I avoided it altogether.

Richard Clock
    Richard Clock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Card Total: 5-2, +4.25u

YTD: 46-38, +19.41u

Event Total: 7-4

Another solid event. Really been back on track these past two. I regret my Lopez play, but I feel real good about not playing the Waterson/Casey fight. I saw so much love and confidence for Casey going around, but I just didn't see it. Sure, she may have won the fight but it was no slam dunk and I'm glad I avoided it altogether.
    Congrats on the profit. Regretting my Lopez play as well, feel like it was a bit of a square/trap bet. I thought Lopez showed a lot more potential for development on tape. I think we underestimated just how good Perez's cardio is (hasn't gotten tired in any of the fights I watched) + how much Lopez kills himself to make 135. Lopez probably would have had a better chance if he didn't try to cut those extra few pounds. Lopez ITD was the bet I was considering initially but the ML moved to -105 near closing.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If Gaethje could mix in some wrestling and take downs that would make him a much more effective fighter. They say he can wrestle his ass off too but he never uses it in fights.. He reminds me of Chuck Liddell as he used his wrestling just to keep the fight standing.. The Ice Man Chuck Liddell hit harder then Gaethje though and could take a better punch in his prime..

Anyways last I checked take downs score points, gives you time to rest a bit in top position and work some G&P.. It's is never fun for the guy on bottom experience elbows and punches.... That's why it's called Mixed Martial Arts...

Sanity Check

I just think there is no coaching Gaethje. He's had 20 fights and won 18 of them with 15 KOs. That's nuts. He does what he does and you don't really coach him as much as support him. He's gonna march forward and test your toughness
    Look @ Rose.

She does a lot of the same things Gaethje does.

Except she moves her head and doesn't eat every single punch her opponent throws.

Why can't Gaethje try to do the same? Is he not up to the task of doing the same thing female fighters do?

At a certain point its no longer manliness and enters the realm of stupidity.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Look @ Rose.

She does a lot of the same things Gaethje does.

Except she moves her head and doesn't eat every single punch her opponent throws.

Why can't Gaethje try to do the same? Is he not up to the task of doing the same thing female fighters do?

At a certain point its no longer manliness and enters the realm of stupidity.
    Gaethje was looking for someone to be his equal. Pretty sure in another two fights he can go fight Diego Sanchez as his equal. The guy is a walking punching bag with to much heart for his own good.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave Thor4140 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First ... 56789 Last