GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Ngannou UFC 218

have had this bookmarked for awhile now so I mise well post.

if everything checks out leading up to weigh ins...

$2k risk on Ngannou

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

There are no lines out for that fight. What if he's -500?

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    There are no lines out for that fight. What if he's -500?
    Lol no chance. Maybe -200 range. Really no idea. Guess we'll see.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

That's a scary bad black man right now. Very hard to bet against him until he loses...

He's almost becoming like the Mike Tyson of MMA right now.. A few more KO's over some big names and he will be.. He's gotta technical striker in Overeem that he facing next.. Still one touch on the Reem chin from this beast and Reem goes down..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Francis-Ngannou-152341

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

I love Ngannou

soon to be..AND NEW

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

going huge on heavyweight scraps are a recipe for disaster...
    tread carefully

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Im on overeem depending on the line.

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Im on overeem depending on the line.
    LMAO. thats music to my ears.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    LMAO. thats music to my ears.
    Overeem is not a bad fighter. They both hit hard. I think overeem is more accurate too. Will depend on the line. I hope ngannou is a huge favorite.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

HW MMA fights are a joke. One punch and done. Whoever hits the other flush probably wins.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Chin strength comparison - Reem falls short..... Cardio as well..

You grapple Reem for a round you can knock him out when he gasses in the 2nd.. I don't know why HW fighters haven't figured that out yet?

firekillex

overeem has much better grappling then ngannou

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    overeem has much better grappling then ngannou
    From the bottom? Most heavyweights can't do crap off their backs.. I know Reem is dangerous with his grappling but planted on his back I don't think he is much of a threat with the triangle if HW's prepare for that leading up... Ducking in though for a take down Reem can get ya with the guil choke..

Reem is dangerous in the clinch more with knees and elbows.. Nasty Thai clinch if anything.. You stay at distance with Reem though early on you could get kicked in the head or knocked out with strikes.. I say take him down and wear him down if you can't clip him on the chin early on..

Reem doesn't have alot of head movement and I think this black beast Franscis can walk right thru him and knock him out in little time..

firekillex

id say overeem is probably the most underrated in HW he has 19 submission victories , ive seen him throw up a ton of subs off his back in pride... since hes got off the juice hes become more technical to... ngannou would be a fool to try and get this fight to the ground imo.... overeems only weakness is his chin , if ngannou touches it , game over.... but overeem is definitely the more technical striker with more weapons so itll come down to technique over sheer power and athletiscm imo... overeem is the better fighter skill wise but hes been the better fighter and been kod multiple times still.. its HW one clean shot its over , especially with an absolute monster in ngannou

il be taking whoever the dog is small and enjoying this giant fight

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

id say overeem is probably the most underrated in HW he has 19 submission victories , ive seen him throw up a ton of subs off his back in pride... since hes got off the juice hes become more technical to... ngannou would be a fool to try and get this fight to the ground imo.... overeems only weakness is his chin , if ngannou touches it , game over.... but overeem is definitely the more technical striker with more weapons so itll come down to technique over sheer power and athletiscm imo... overeem is the better fighter skill wise but hes been the better fighter and been kod multiple times still.. its HW one clean shot its over , especially with an absolute monster in ngannou

You're probably right Fire. Like I said though I think Ngannou walks right thru Reems and taps that chin.. Reem ain't a spring chicken anymore either. that chin is going.. Reem fights cautious now and chin protects and I don't think that gonna work against Ngannou...

I said the same about Andrea Arlovski and I lost that fight betting on the big baby by KO.. So who knows?

Demonata

Exactly man! You can't bet big on the favorite in this fight. Overeem can win this just like ngannou. If it goes to decision definitely more faith in overeem winning. This fight coukd go either way. No way in hell is ngannou a lock. Overeem is a badass

firekillex

agreed overeem has been Kod a TON , it sucks because if he had a solid chin imo hed be the best / most skilled fighter at HW
    i wouldnt be shocked at all if Ngannou knocked him out clean, but Ngannou hasnt really been tested by somebody elite like Overeem
    so i wouldnt go big regardless on this scrap , especially with 2 heavy hitters like this , shits like russsian roulette with 2 HW strikers like this

JollyRogerMMA
    JollyRogerMMA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Just an opinion but Nagannou is can defenitly lose to the Reem ..... has anyone tested that chin, how does he deal with elite kick boxing , and Reem has a ground game ..... I may be passing on this but 2K would be safer on Kelvin IMO

JollyRogerMMA

That is a fact ....... sounds like blue is certain he touches that chin like in Arlovski fight ..... we will see.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogerMMA View Post
    Just an opinion but Nagannou is can defenitly lose to the Reem ..... has anyone tested that chin, how does he deal with elite kick boxing , and Reem has a ground game ..... I may be passing on this but 2K would be safer on Kelvin IMO
    You don't need to say IMO in every post. It's implied that whatever you say is your opinion.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

I hope it ends up being something like Big Ben vs. Overeem.

UNMLOBOFAN51
    UNMLOBOFAN51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

I had seen a line showing overeem as the -200 or more favorite

JollyRogerMMA

IF big IF he gets passed The Reem ................ StealPick will snatch the mans soul cont on that.

JollyRogerMMA

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    You don't need to say IMO in every post. It's implied that whatever you say is your opinion.

Note taken ..... used to talking to civilians
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JollyRogerMMA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Ubereem all day

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by UNMLOBOFAN51 View Post
    I had seen a line showing overeem as the -200 or more favorite
    Cocaine is a Hell of a drug!

UncleChael

"If he dies, he dies" - Francis Ngannou

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Cocaine is a Hell of a drug!
    oh really. you lose.

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    Lol no chance. Maybe -200 range. Really no idea. Guess we'll see.
    called this line a month ago.

FIGHT DAY

new era is coming, ....."you go to sleep now...."

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

love Ngannou and hope he wins but Overeem is a big step up in competition and I've been burned too many times taking favorites in heavyweight fights...

Broxbomber
    Broxbomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3957

I posted this in the UFC 218 thread but it seems applicable to this thread as well.

Ngannou vs Overeem

I think Ngannou will KO Overeem. Ngannous power and Overeems chin seem like a good recipe for a Nganou KO. I think Overeem will fight cautious and make it out of round 1......So I知 betting Ngannou to finish in round 2 (+500) or round 3 (+1600). I like the odds. I put $100 on Ngannou round 2 and $50 Ngannou round 3. These are good sized bets for me at these odds.

Broxbomber

Quote Originally Posted by Broxbomber View Post
    I posted this in the UFC 218 thread but it seems applicable to this thread as well.

Ngannou vs Overeem

I think Ngannou will KO Overeem. Ngannous power and Overeems chin seem like a good recipe for a Nganou KO. I think Overeem will fight cautious and make it out of round 1......So I知 betting Ngannou to finish in round 2 (+500) or round 3 (+1600). I like the odds. I put $100 on Ngannou round 2 and $50 Ngannou round 3. These are good sized bets for me at these odds.
    I never bet favourites of -250 or more. Always props at + odds for those fights.

+500 for Ngannou round 2 and +1600 for Ngannou round 3 is way better than -250 money line for Ngannou. Only question for me is will Overeem survive round 1? I知 betting he will fight cautious and survive and then lose in round 2 or 3.

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

Good luck bro! You like Holloway today ?

Broxbomber

Quote Originally Posted by Aye J Mac View Post
    Good luck bro! You like Holloway today ?
    I dont watch tape or anything like that. I read this forum and another and prepare myself for live betting. I知 looking for favourites that have poor cardio vs underdogs that have good cardio and some dog in them who can survive and then turn the tide.

I like Holloway, but I don稚 bet -250 or larger favourites. I知 looking at Holloway ITD at -118.

UncleChael

Tonight, WE DINE IN HELL!!! - Francis Ngannou insta

123 Last