PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Gall >Brown +100 Take the $

Gall is more skilled in every area IMO. Not much tape on Gall BUT what you do see, he looks good in all of it.
    Not Very high on the skills of Brown..he is decent is every area....nothing special

Lets Cash
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave PaperTrail07 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Hard to assess galls striking especially getting knocked down by sage but I think he should be able grapple his way to beat brown.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Gall is more skilled in every area IMO. Not much tape on Gall BUT what you do see, he looks good in all of it.
    Not Very high on the skills of Brown..he is decent is every area....nothing special

Lets Cash
    Definitely disagree that he is better "in every area". I think this is a pure grappler vs. striker matchup.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Definitely disagree that he is better "in every area". I think this is a pure grappler vs. striker matchup.
    Luckily the striker in this case isn't very aggressive. I think Brown by TKO is the hedge

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Paper, I'm with you. I don't know about "every area" as you say, but I think the biggest advantage in this fight is Gall over Brown on the mat. Brown's length really hurts him when he gets put on his back. He has a real hard time getting his legs inside and creating space to get up so he gets flattened out on his back by good grapplers. He also doesn't have any getups other than to turtle, but then he gets his back taken. This is real bad vs. Gall who has a very good RNC. I know his level of competition has been real poor, but Gall has shown good strength and good timing on his takedowns. I do think he will be able to get Brown to the mat.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Hard to assess galls striking especially getting knocked down by sage but I think he should be able grapple his way to beat brown.
    Almost impossible to say, but I felt he dealt with Sage's speed and movement pretty well. He used a decently accurate, straight jab to throw down the middle and cut Sage off in his back and forth movement. He caught Sage's kick to land a takedown, and he dropped Sage with a huge right off the break from a clinch. Did Gall get dropped by Sage? Hard to tell, but if it was a knockdown he recovered quickly.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

its tough to gauge fighters this young and green... the last fight with gall could be a completely different guy... of course his main weapon is the RNC but his striking couldve developed light years since his last scrap... these kinda fights are never a lock imo , tread carefully

TPowell

Even if not Erick Montano was nip and tuck with brown for 2+ rounds before he got subbed and he's one of the worst in the roster at lw
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave TPowell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

I think Gall will get enough TD''s on Brown to win this scrap, he might even SUB him.

PaperTrail07

totally agree.....and Gall is smart....he knows how to keep it there.....Gall also has a lot of heart....True Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Paper, I'm with you. I don't know about "every area" as you say, but I think the biggest advantage in this fight is Gall over Brown on the mat. Brown's length really hurts him when he gets put on his back. He has a real hard time getting his legs inside and creating space to get up so he gets flattened out on his back by good grapplers. He also doesn't have any getups other than to turtle, but then he gets his back taken. This is real bad vs. Gall who has a very good RNC. I know his level of competition has been real poor, but Gall has shown good strength and good timing on his takedowns. I do think he will be able to get Brown to the mat.

PaperTrail07

and very early on.....sage has power....skills NO....power...100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Almost impossible to say, but I felt he dealt with Sage's speed and movement pretty well. He used a decently accurate, straight jab to throw down the middle and cut Sage off in his back and forth movement. He caught Sage's kick to land a takedown, and he dropped Sage with a huge right off the break from a clinch. Did Gall get dropped by Sage? Hard to tell, but if it was a knockdown he recovered quickly.

PaperTrail07

Gall-110......be -135 by fight time?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47533

with you on GALL

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Gall-110......be -135 by fight time?
    It'll be higher.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave MMANick 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

NICE PEAVY....GLAD YOU SEE WHAT I SEE

It's fight week baby!!! I hope I get to bleed again idc I'll die for this shiz you gotta kill me

1:38 PM - 31 Oct 2017 from Manhattan, NY

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47533

Gall says there are a lot of things in his bag of tricks that he has not shown yet

TPowell

Damn, knew I should have jumped on that + money. Should I wait it out? Capped him at -160 so -110 is as low as I can really go.

TPowell

No clue what people are thinking in this Blaydes fight. -400 on a solid wrestler with zero striking against a sub ace who also has no striking to speak of at HEAVYWEIGHT? I really thought this line would be around -200 or so at best

PaperTrail07

-117 now

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

I'm on Brown pretty heavy. Might add even more. Please someone tell me what they are seeing in Mickey Gall that gives them confidence. Specifically, what separates Gall from any skilled but one dimensional no-gi grappling dude,and what moments you've seen of his game in MMA that lead you to believe that. I've asked in a few threads now and haven't gotten a satisfactory answer.

Please save me from losing money on Brown who I admit is somewhat of a flakey fighter, but who has shown more of his ability to win against UFC caliber fighters in orders of magnitude more than Gall.

turbozed

NICE PEAVY....GLAD YOU SEE WHAT I SEE
    It's fight week baby!!! I hope I get to bleed again idc I'll die for this shiz you gotta kill me

1:38 PM - 31 Oct 2017 from Manhattan, NY
    Hey bro, what specifically do you see?

PaperTrail07

Brown beat BRIAN camozzi and Eric Montano-He lost to Belal in a CLEAR 30-27....I don't see much more of an ability to win UFC caliber fights than Gall....Brown is shit on the ground and Gall can get it there IMO.....he also appears to have better boxing and the speed advantage, tougher chin....
    Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    I'm on Brown pretty heavy. Might add even more. Please someone tell me what they are seeing in Mickey Gall that gives them confidence. Specifically, what separates Gall from any skilled but one dimensional no-gi grappling dude,and what moments you've seen of his game in MMA that lead you to believe that. I've asked in a few threads now and haven't gotten a satisfactory answer.

Please save me from losing money on Brown who I admit is somewhat of a flakey fighter, but who has shown more of his ability to win against UFC caliber fighters in orders of magnitude more than Gall.
    Points Awarded:

turbozed gave PaperTrail07 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed

Brown beat BRIAN camozzi and Eric Montano-He lost to Belal in a CLEAR 30-27....I don't see much more of an ability to win UFC caliber fights than Gall....Brown is shit on the ground and Gall can get it there IMO.....he also appears to have better boxing and the speed advantage, tougher chin....
    So you're going with strength of opponents?

In what moments of what fights does he show good boxing and speed or TD ability?

Sorry for the questions but I have multiple units on Brown now and I still have time to lay off and this could save me some cash. Thanks PT!

PaperTrail07

And like I was saying before...there is not much tape on GALL and what tape there is, looks good.....finishes the fights....no decisions vs people he SHOULD be finishing....And while Gall is somewhat new to the UFC...he has seen the big stage
    Points Awarded:

turbozed gave PaperTrail07 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

That was in response to this.....like he has some deep UFC career beating people that are on the ufc level LOL

turbozed

That was in response to this.....like he has some deep UFC career beating people that are on the ufc level LOL
    Okay so you disagree that Randy Brown has proven himself more capable of beating UFC fighters than Gall has. And that he looks good in general but nothing specifically. Thanks for taking the time to answer man.

PaperTrail07

I thought his speed looked good in all his fights...Sage fight included......he atleast showed a brain and did what he needed to as well....good TD....threw in the body lock....kept position...ect....I mean what in Brown makes you think he is the lock of the century worth MULTIPLE units?

PaperTrail07

For sure...personally if Brown won this....I would guess he tires gall out....gets a TD and gall pulls guard thinking he might sub brown...which wont happen from the bottom....Id say GL but we are on opposite sides LOL..
    Okay so you disagree that Randy Brown has proven himself more capable of beating UFC fighters than Gall has. And that he looks good in general but nothing specifically. Thanks for taking the time to answer man.

turbozed

I thought his speed looked good in all his fights...Sage fight included......he atleast showed a brain and did what he needed to as well....good TD....threw in the body lock....kept position...ect....I mean what in Brown makes you think he is the lock of the century worth MULTIPLE units?
    Gall has not yet fought more than a round and a half against a well rounded fighter. He has faced about 20 seconds of real diversity in the Sage fight. His takedowns are weak and telegraphed and probably nowhere near as good as Graves or even Belal. If he can't land a takedown, he gets pieced up. Gall has not seen the 3rd round in pro career. He gassed holding onto a guillotine against Gordon Ryan within 6 mins of a pure grappling match. He walks out to the song "Hey Mickey." I can do a more technical breakdown but I first want to find the most fatal flaw in my reasoning here.

Oh yeah one more thing, he employed the buttscoot for a second there against Sage.

PaperTrail07

LOL...I agree his TD are not as good as Graves....graves is a quick MF'er...BUT his hands will set them up better IMO....Gall is a bit wreckless which MAY actually help him here...to an elite fighter...it would get him KO'd...but I don't see Brown taking advantage of it....He can change that fight song ANYTIME
    Gall has not yet fought more than a round and a half against a well rounded fighter. He has faced about 20 seconds of real diversity in the Sage fight. His takedowns are weak and telegraphed and probably nowhere near as good as Graves or even Belal. If he can't land a takedown, he gets pieced up. Gall has not seen the 3rd round in pro career. He gassed holding onto a guillotine against Gordon Ryan within 6 mins of a pure grappling match. He walks out to the song "Hey Mickey." I can do a more technical breakdown but I first want to find the most fatal flaw in my reasoning here.

Oh yeah one more thing, he employed the buttscoot for a second there against Sage.

turbozed

LOL...I agree his TD are not as good as Graves....graves is a quick MF'er...BUT his hands will set them up better IMO....Gall is a bit wreckless which MAY actually help him here...to an elite fighter...it would get him KO'd...but I don't see Brown taking advantage of it....He can change that fight song ANYTIME
    If he does change his walkout song I'll consider my bet toast

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

I'm going to ride the Gall train. He's a bad mofo. My local doesn't do UFC, but I can get a little bit down through a buddy's offshore account. I have to figure this bitcoin crap out.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

If Gal can take the fight to the ground I like his chances, if he can't I like the Striking of Brown better.. All depends if it stays standing or not I believe, just that simple.. Gal does have some wild striking and some power though..

I think I'm going with Gal by sub.. May Hedge Brown ITD though as I mentioned in the Event Thread...

The old saying goes always bet on Black so you never know??? ....

TPowell

Tough fight but give me the guy with the best chance of finishing and the more aggressive fighter. Galls gas tank is a legit question though

PaperTrail07

Also on over 1.5...

12 Last