Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Nothing on Iaquinta?

So the big news (I guess) the last week or so has been East Coast stereotype Al Iaquinta losing his shit on the fans and Dana White. Here's the weird uncomfortable interview with Ariel that's really worth watching IMO for the pure entertainment value (dude, who do you keep looking at off to the side?)

My thoughts...

- I do feel bad when somebody busts their ass and feels underappreciated to this degree, I really sympathised with Gegard after his post-fight interview, and I do with Al too. It's a shitty feeling.

- Too lazy to look it up, but maybe there were more deserving candidates for bonuses each time he didn't get one. Certainly wasn't deserving of KO of the night honors after what Perry did.

- Don't know why fans were booing. Anyone else know?

- His whole "I got shit going on you never SEEN before" act just points to more raging insecurity. He's the bussboy who says he has a million dollars in the bank. We all know at least one of these guys.

- Haven't seen Dana really talk about this yet. Am I wrong? Any links?

- At the end of the day, he's still 14th in the rankings and he's burning bridges. This can't end well.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Don't know what to think about this.

I get the impression NFL and NBA players are disrespected & treated worse by coaches than anything UFC fighters suffer from the UFC.

It sucks to see MMA fighters have victim mentalities where they whine and complain about things more than taking action to fix things they don't like.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I don't know if this is true or not, but I had heard that he wasn't eligible for any bonuses for 3 fights because when he beat Joe Lauzon in 2015, he got drunk and trashed a hotel room.

Personally, I don't think fighters that are huge favorites that knock out or submit washed up aging fighters should be as worthy to get the performance bonuses. This was his first fight back in 2 years and they gave him an easy one with Diego.

I think he is kind of s douchebag.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Don't know what to think about this.

I get the impression NFL and NBA players are disrespected & treated worse by coaches than anything UFC fighters suffer from the UFC.

It sucks to see MMA fighters have victim mentalities where they whine and complain about things more than taking action to fix things they don't like.
    I guess the big difference is that most UFC fighters, save the ones at the very top, don't make a lot of money. In the NFL, they're taking similar amounts of punishment, making tons of money, and even they're saying "okay, enough, not worth it". Cut that money down to a small fraction, most of the time not even enough to live on, and here we are.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't know if this is true or not, but I had heard that he wasn't eligible for any bonuses for 3 fights because when he beat Joe Lauzon in 2015, he got drunk and trashed a hotel room.

Personally, I don't think fighters that are huge favorites that knock out or submit washed up aging fighters should be as worthy to get the performance bonuses. This was his first fight back in 2 years and they gave him an easy one with Diego.

I think he is kind of s douchebag.
    he had 3 strikes , the trashing of the hotel room, he told the crowd to penetrate off on live tv then he called in sick for a ufc fan event and he was caught hanging out on the beach that day .... so they banned him for the bonuses for 3-4 fights

either way hes been screwed over he shouldve had a few bonuses in his career by now
    guys a real fighter, seems like an asshole but hes a funny and real dude when most people in the UFC arent

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    he had 3 strikes , the trashing of the hotel room, he told the crowd to penetrate off on live tv then he called in sick for a ufc fan event and he was caught hanging out on the beach that day .... so they banned him for the bonuses for 3-4 fights

either way hes been screwed over he shouldve had a few bonuses in his career by now
    guys a real fighter, seems like an asshole but hes a funny and real dude when most people in the UFC arent
    So who screwed him over? The UFC or himself?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I guess the big difference is that most UFC fighters, save the ones at the very top, don't make a lot of money. In the NFL, they're taking similar amounts of punishment, making tons of money, and even they're saying "okay, enough, not worth it". Cut that money down to a small fraction, most of the time not even enough to live on, and here we are.
    Just like any job that we all work at, if you want to be paid more, then you better be better than the next guy.

When you are fighting for more money in a single fight than most people bust their ass for in an entire year and you gas out in the first round, I don't want to hear you crying about your pay.

Kermit

The problem with pay in the UFC is that the most of the fighters are just not very good or exciting, and you can't pay everyone $100,000 per fight when you know that they are going to put on their usual poor boring performance.

Iaquinta has the potential to make nice money, but he needs to play the game to get it.

firekillex

the last strike was a pretty stupid call imo, he called in sick for an event and went across the street from his house to a beach to recover and soak some sun up.. hes an independent guy hes not doing anything negative towards the ufc in that event and hes not a little kid being baby sat and put in detention ... 3 strikes shits kinda garbage imo , he swore on live tv give him a simple fine

i think iaquinta is one of the most exciting 55ers on the planet and hes a top 10 talent he should be getting more then 50k to fight which is absolutely dog shit compared to what the UFC is profiting.... 50k tax that hes at 35-40k , pay your camp, pay your manager , pay your hotel and expenses youre coming home with 15k to fight a world class guy and risk your health and mind
    these guys are professional athletes who train harder then plenty other big sports that have guys making GUARANTEED millions of dollars a year which is the big word... if a fighter gets hurt training for a fight they make $0 and lose all that money they used training and all that time .... he got injured and had to beg the UFC to even help pay the bills for him its disgusting while the UFC sells for billions of dollars and sit on their asses and rake profits in... Respect to the UFC for bringing the sport to us fans but without the fighters there wouldnt be a UFC ... and while more and more fighters leave for the disrespect they shown fighters soon other promotions will soak up all the top talent and the UFC wont be like the NFL something theyre striving to be to become a legit sport... if you dont have all the best talent you cant consider yourself the NFL of MMA .. either pay the fighters what theyre worth and treat them like real athletes/human beings or theyll keep losing talent left and right which sucks for the fans

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I'm still waiting to hear what Anthony Johnson's new career is...

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    the last strike was a pretty stupid call imo, he called in sick for an event and went across the street from his house to a beach to recover and soak some sun up.. hes an independent guy hes not doing anything negative towards the ufc in that event and hes not a little kid being baby sat and put in detention ... 3 strikes shits kinda garbage imo , he swore on live tv give him a simple fine.
    Agreed.

This could be the UFC being too arrogant & smug with being the largest MMA promotion in the world.

It could set up Bellator to dethrone them.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear what Anthony Johnson's new career is...
    His trainer said he thinks it has something to do with the NFL.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

well I hope it is something where is actually competing. He has a chance to be a reverse Herschel Walker lol

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Agreed.

This could be the UFC being too arrogant & smug with being the largest MMA promotion in the world.

It could set up Bellator to dethrone them.

His trainer said he thinks it has something to do with the NFL.
    yup i agree, already look at Bellator starting to build themselves slowly but surely

and they said its something to do with the Los Angeles Rams

Ralphie Halves

If I was the president of the UFC....

Iaquinta: I don't need to fight anyway, I got my real estate career, I'll be fine.

Me: Awesome, so go do that then.

Sanity Check

UFC says Iaquinta's ban is for stuff other than what Iaquinta's claims.

MMAjunkie confirmed with UFC officials that the bout was the first of a three-fight stretch for Iaquinta in which he’s not eligible to receive a $50,000 fight-night award. The order is a result of three incidents, which Iaquinta has previously discussed.First, he destroyed a hotel room at MGM Grand in Las Vegas following a UFC 183 win over Joe Lauzon. In his next appearance, he cussed on national TV while addressing a belligerent crowd following a controversial split-decision win over Jorge Masvidal.
    RELATED

Video: Watch Al Iaquinta f-bomb the booing fans at UFC Fight Night 63

The final straw was no-showing a 2015 UFC fighter summit in Las Vegas. Iaquinta insisted he gave the company fair warning that he would not be attending, but UFC officials said that was not the case.

“His story about the summit, the part that he left out was that he never called us to tell us he didn’t get on the plane,” the UFC official told MMAjunkie. “He never called us to tell us not to send a car to the airport to pick him up. We had all these arrangements for the hotel. All these things were arranged, and he never bothered to call us to tell us he wasn’t coming, which I think would make anyone mad.
    http://mmajunkie.com/2017/05/ufc-off...ting-of-events