bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Felix Trinidad Getting Ready For 2008

Written By William Trillo

Early reports hit Puerto Rico this weekend that former Champion Felix "Tito" Trinidad and his Father Don Felix had preliminary discussions with their promoter Don King and were making plans for Trinidad's return sometime around Tito's birthday in January of 2008.

Now Don Felix has confirmed on the Puerto Rican airwaves that his son is already in the early stages of preparation for his imminent comeback.

In a live interview on the radio program "Al Día en los Deportes" (WIAC 740 AM), Papa Trinidad said, “Tito is already working out. Tito is getting ready physically by running everyday and he is going to maintain his running during the month that I am going to be away in Mexico. When I come back Tito will already have his body equipped to be able to begin with the technical aspects of boxing in the gym.”

Don Felix revealed that his 34 year old son is down to 190 pounds and expects him to be around 170 by the time he returns from his month away in Mexico.

Already a bevy of opponents have been named including Roy Jones at 170 all the way down to Floyd Mayweather at whatever weight makes him the most dinero.

We already know that Jermain Taylor's team has contacted King about Trinidad's availability and you can rest assured Trinidad's neighbor Oscar De La Hoya is keeping tabs on the Trinidad happenings.

But whatever the case may be, go ahead and assume this is all about $$ and little or nothing to do with titles, and in this day and age ( i.e. Oscar just deposited $45 million ) can you really say you blame him?

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

It would be just like Jermain Taylor to duck Pavlik and take a fight with a washed-up Trinidad coming off a 2+ year layoff.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Taylor is one of the biggest jokes in boxing.