Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

Whew. That was close with Anastasia. I thought she clearly won round 2.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11987

Glad that worked out.. Hate betting on chicks.. Favorite hit again

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3804

Kongo is too fast for Johnson
    even at 41

Rich Benjamins

I don't know what Jimmy or that judge was thinking giving Vega round 2. Kicks do count as points, and Anastasia kicked her a bunch that round.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Chael selling.. Lol.. He's got the gift of gab...

I guess he needs to make some real money again.. Bellator does well signing the old farts with big names.. People will watch Chael fight.. I know I will..

He better get an easy first fight.. He's been out a long long time and is no spring chicken.. Juice or no juice..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    even at 41
    This is a young mans sport but we see?.. I think Kongo gets put on his back either by a TD or a Punch... We'll see though????.. Johnson isn't anything special...

I just think it's hard to compete at 41 when you're not a wrestler or have one punch knock out power..

Hence, old fighters like Hendo and Randy C whom had those gifts, Bongo does not but is game and experienced....

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Funny thing.

I could've sworn Joe Warren should've been the favorite here.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    even at 41
    Feeling the African warlord spirit tonight. Let's chop some heads off.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Joe Warren another 40 year old coming off a knee injury.. Hard to bet on that..

This much younger dude he is fighting is strong and can wrestle himself..

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3804

we have to hope Kongo stays on his feet...and connects...if he does that he wins...if Johnson tackles him down, then we start to wince. Kongo is smart...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Old Joe proving me wrong... Great 2nd round. Should finish in the 3rd now.. That one knee changed the fight in the 2nd..

Rich Benjamins

Wow, this Kakai dude sucks.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Old Joe proving me wrong... Great 2nd round. Should finish in the 3rd now.. That one knee changed the fight in the 2nd..
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rich Benjamins

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Happy for Joe though if he needs the money.. Good win.. He almost got armbar'd and looked horrible on his back and the end of the 1st.. I thought he was done..

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

always fade the "Swedes"

Rich Benjamins

Wow, Kakai was helpless in the standpoint. Looked totally lost. Good win for Joe.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Remember when Mickey died and Rocky couldn't focus on his next fight. Johnson's brother shot himself during preparation. How will it affect Johnson you think?

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

I think Johnson might've been better when he trained at American Kickboxing Academy.

Duno what happened.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Bellator 161 Play:
    Vera Arteaga (+375) 1u
    Bellator 161 Play Result:
    Vera Arteaga (+375) -1u

Missed on another Bellator underdog but I feel I was on the value side of both this play and the Friere/Henderson fight.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- A demon within this young man is exposed at this prayer session in The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations. In the ensuing encounter with Wise Man Christopher, a spiritual battle between light and darkness takes place. Light conquers and he receives an incredible deliverance in the name of Jesus Christ!

Rich Benjamins

I give this guy props for writing an article and doing some mild research, but it's clear he doesn't add much value. He probably just looked at the betting lines and setup his predictions around that, but threw in Chan to win by split decision as the token dog bet.

MMA MANIA short write ups and predictions -

265 lbs.: Cheick Kongo (24-10-2) vs. Tony Johnson (10-2)
    It's time for the Heavyweight division in Bellator to get serious, and fights like this one will separate the wheat from the chaff, determining the true contenders. Since the title is vacant right now, the winner can argue to be one half of a fight to crown a new champion. Kongo can make the argument by saying, "been there, done that" as a long-time UFC and Bellator veteran, and winner of six out of eight since he moved under the Viacom umbrella. Two straight wins over Alexander Volkov and Vinicius Queiroz show that even at 41 years old, he's not going away any time soon. Neither of those fights delivered much in the way of excitement, though, which is where "Hulk" Johnson may have the edge.

Half of his wins (five out of 10) come by way of knockout, including a finish against former boxing star Raphael Butler. Plenty of Heavyweights would love to have his track record, which includes career wins over Tim Sylvia and Derrick "The Black Best" Lewis. And defeating Kongo would not only be another feather in his cap but his fourth straight win and fourth overall in Bellator.
    For Kongo the key to victory is to slow down Johnson, make him fight in the clinch, then punish him with his size and power. At 6'4" vs. 6'1," he holds a height advantage, and at 82" vs. 74" he has an even bigger reach advantage. Johnson needs to be cautious of those advantages, but not overly so, because the smaller "King Mo" Lawal already solved this puzzle with his speed and wrestling ability. That's how Johnson can win the fight -- be the first to engage and take down Kongo when he tries to clinch. The 30-year-old should be fast enough to pull it off.
    Final prediction: Tony Johnson defeats Cheick Kongo via unanimous decision

135 lbs.: Joe Warren (13-5) vs. Sirwan Kakai (12-4)

The winds of fortune have swept away everything we knew about the Bantamweight division. Marcos Galvao took away the title from Joe Warren, then Eduardo Dantas took it from Galvao by beating him for a second time. Warren could have earned a rematch, but he was dominated by Darrion Caldwell, and before Caldwell could cash in for a title shot, he suffered his first loss against Joe Taimanglo. Every possible scenario at 135 pounds is now up in the air save for Taimanglo now being in position to challenge Dantas.
    Warren has a chance to get back into the mix with this fight, and history suggests he has a chance since he has only lost two fights in a row once in his MMA career. Kakai already has two losses in a row coming in, but one was to the aforementioned Taimanglo and the other was a close split decision loss to Frankie Saenz. Much like the main event, we have a sizable age difference as Warren is 39 and Kakai is 26, but nothing motivates "The Baddest Man on the Planet" like being told what he can't do.
    That would normally be enough, but Warren is coming off a torn MCL, and if that has hurt his mobility or his speed the takedowns won't be there. If we learned anything from the Caldwell fight, it's that when the takedowns aren't there for Warren, things can go bad ... quickly. Kakai may be the less experienced fighter, but he has more finishes -- four knockouts and six submissions to Warren's three and one submission, respectively. I don't suggest Kakai stand and trade with a three-time Bellator champion, though. Speed and movement are his keys to victory in Texas.
    Final prediction: Sirwan Kakai takes home a unanimous decision

125 lbs.: Anastasia Yankova (3-0) vs. Veta Arteaga (2-0)

This is a huge chance for Bellator to show off Yankova, a fighter who is eager to prove she's more than just a pretty face even though that's all some fans care about. After her promotional debut in Italy, fans should at least be aware of her submission skills, and although she's training with the American Kickboxing Academy ahead of her trip to Texas, she admits that her strength is Brazilian jiu-jitsu and her plan is to go for her fourth submission.
    Arteaga gets to enter the fight in the enviable position of knowing that she can play the spoiler role in a main card fight on Spike TV, not having nearly the expectations or pressure placed on Yankova's shoulders. She already proved herself on Bellator 155's "Prelims" undercard and won't have any first time Bellator jitters, but Yankova herself got those out of the way in Torino. Arteaga is a tough, durable fighter from Idaho, but with what little we've seen of her, we can't call her a finisher after two decisions. Yankova seems to have the killer instinct that Arteaga lacks.
    Final prediction: Anastasia Yankova improves to 4-0 with a first round submission

155 lbs.: Derek Campos (16-6) vs. Djamil Chan (12-2)

The lesser known Chan shouldn't be taken lightly going into this bout. He's on a seven-fight win streak dating back to 2013, has knockouts in nine of his 12 wins, and scored a highly impressive first round finish of Richard Patishnock at Bellator 143. The flipside of that coin is that Chan lost a fight to Marcin Wrzosek to get onto The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 22, one that doesn't officially count on his record because it's considered an exhibition fight, but it shows that Chan can come up short in a big fight. Coming off a big finish against Melvin Guillard, Campos could inch closer to contention with a second straight win, but two wins in a row has been a tough proposition for a while now. This is virtually a coin flip.
    Final prediction: Djamil Chan takes a close split decision

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Feeling the African warlord spirit tonight. Let's chop some heads off.

- The Vice guide to Congo.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well the old guys came thru tonight. (Kongo and Warren)

Hit the first 2 favorites on the card but struck out with Joe Warren and Bongo Kongo winning.. Lost a couple hundy as those were my larger bets..

I just have a hard time betting on 40 year old fighters against decent but nothing great competition... I think of Roy Nelson and Hendo and they are so hit and miss these days..

The problem with that thinking is in Bellator the competition is much lesser then in the UFC... Kongo lost to some very good fighters while in the UFC.. Warren the seasoned vet needed the win and it showed.. Fighting in Bellator is simply easier because of the mediocre competition..

I learned from this event. I'll be more cautious when betting against seasoned vets in Bellator..

Both Warren and Kongo had to gut out these fights though, they were not easy wins.. Warren was struggling after round 1, Kongo was on his back and lost round 2 as well... Both had to dig deep to get those wins...

Hats off to the old guys tonight!!

Moving on to the UFC tomorrow!!!!.. Hoping for better results come tomorrow.. Money will be wagered that's for sure!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-17-16 at 02:18 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post
    I give this guy props for writing an article and doing some mild research, but it's clear he doesn't add much value. He probably just looked at the betting lines and setup his predictions around that, but threw in Chan to win by split decision as the token dog bet.
    Well Richie rich... Please copy and paste and then post better write ups with each event and I'll be the first to say thank you.. I always mention just take the info in on the short reads and cap from there.. That's what I do..

I was on Derek Compos tonight clearly and this writer had Chan by decision..

These were my bets -

$100.00 $115.00 Win 2 Team Parlay
    Win 9/16/16 9:30pm Bellator Fighting 3202 Anastasia Yankova -425* vs Veta Arteaga
    Win 9/16/16 9:00pm Bellator Fighting 3302 Derek Campos -135* vs Djamil Chan

$100.00 $135.00 Loss 9/16/16 10:30pm Bellator Fighting 3001 Tony Johnson Jr/Cheick Kongo Under 2½ +135*

$140.00 $103.70 Loss 9/16/16 10:00pm Bellator Fighting 3101 Sirwan Kakai -135* vs Joe Warren

$135.00 $100.00 Loss 9/16/16 10:30pm Bellator Fighting 3001 Tony Johnson Jr -135* vs Cheick Kongo

Did a little bit better with the 2 AXS fights tonight.. So this helped offset a bit of the Bellator losses..

$100.00 $245.00 Win 9/16/16 11:59pm AXS Fighting 4102 Justin Reiswerg +245* vs Jason Langellier

$100.00 $400.00 Loss 9/16/16 11:59pm AXS Fighting 4001 Ike Villanueva +400* vs Trevin Giles

Rich Benjamins

Nothing against you Jibby. I appreciate you posting the writeups. I was just negative bc I put a bet on Kakai, lost that, then chased the loss by betting on Johnson. That's after I said I would only put a bet down on Yankova, I wasn't going to bet on anything else but I got greedy. Whatever, just gotta move on. I have no one to blame but myself.

Well Richie rich... Please copy and paste and then post better write ups with each event and I'll be the first to say thank you.. I always mention just take the info in on the short reads and cap from there.. That's what I do..

I was on Derek Compos tonight clearly and this writer had Chan by decision..

These were my bets -

$100.00 $115.00 Win 2 Team Parlay
    Win 9/16/16 9:30pm Bellator Fighting 3202 Anastasia Yankova -425* vs Veta Arteaga
    Win 9/16/16 9:00pm Bellator Fighting 3302 Derek Campos -135* vs Djamil Chan

$100.00 $135.00 Loss 9/16/16 10:30pm Bellator Fighting 3001 Tony Johnson Jr/Cheick Kongo Under 2½ +135*

$140.00 $103.70 Loss 9/16/16 10:00pm Bellator Fighting 3101 Sirwan Kakai -135* vs Joe Warren

$135.00 $100.00 Loss 9/16/16 10:30pm Bellator Fighting 3001 Tony Johnson Jr -135* vs Cheick Kongo

Did a little bit better with the 2 AXS fights tonight.. So this helped offset a bit of the Bellator losses..

$100.00 $245.00 Win 9/16/16 11:59pm AXS Fighting 4102 Justin Reiswerg +245* vs Jason Langellier

$100.00 $400.00 Loss 9/16/16 11:59pm AXS Fighting 4001 Ike Villanueva +400* vs Trevin Giles

First 12