NicksPicks
    NicksPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it better to Parlay mma bets?

Since there is no spread and favs are always like -250 or -300
    then should I parlay bets instead of playing them individually?

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I feel individual bets are the better way to go. Instead of playing all the large favorites you should find small favorites and underdogs that you think have a good chance. Large parlays are usually a waste because one fighter always screws it up. However parlays can still be used effectively. 2-3 fighters is the max I would make for a large bet. I used Marquardt and Maia together for one of mine.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like putting some favorites that I'm confident about with an underdog. Usually not more than 3-4 selections though. If its not a straight bet, its usually not worth putting a lot of money on. Like Hoff said above with Marquardt and Maia. You could potentially parlay those 2 with another fighter or make combos like that. You're bigger bets should be straight bets for sure, but if you want to make smaller parlays, if you hit you could make a big profit.

TheGovernor11
    TheGovernor11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

I agree with what Hoff and Kaladarus said. Parlays are what kill me in betting. What I do sometimes is if I'm real confident in a huge favorite, I'll just add them to one of my regular bets and make that a parlay.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14876

Got to be a reason why some books won't allow MMA parlays. Althought the maximums are low, they have to hate it when all the chalk wins.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

I find myself parlaying large favs sometimes. IMO many MMA large favs are real soft. You may see -500, but if fighter should win 95%+ of the time, still a good bet. You dont see the large lines like you do in boxing for the most part.

But, I almost exclusively play straight wagers. Nothing wrong with -300 if there is value there. Problem with -300 and up in basketball anf football is the lines are usually sharp and if you are not sharper, than you lose. Here, much softer. Just need to follow sport closely and hit line early.

y2p731
    Go For Broke
    y2p731's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Strikeforce Picks

It good to parlay. The only place I can think of is Bodog.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

parlays are definitely the way to go for mma

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by y2p731 View Post
    It good to parlay. The only place I can think of is Bodog.

5dimes and BetPhoenix both allow parlays

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Parlays have done me great.

NicksPicks
    NicksPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    I feel individual bets are the better way to go. Instead of playing all the large favorites you should find small favorites and underdogs that you think have a good chance. Large parlays are usually a waste because one fighter always screws it up.
    so true..so true

squallsquall
    squallsquall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

There's no difference in EV between parlays and straight bets. Hence, there's no reason to parlay as it increases variance.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I wouldnt suggest parlaying in other sports but mma as long as you know what you are doing. A huge chunk of my bankroll has come directly from mma parlays.

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

The only way I parlay is mult sports with damn near cant loose games..even then I only hit them 40% f the time maybe...I dont play many at that rate and stick to spread bets only...I wish you BOL with your parlay though..

1UP
    1UP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

The only time I've ever seen a highly favorable parlay was last night with Walker and Lashley.

I expected both to have easy competition. Wes Sims just took the fight last week and I've never seen him beat anyone halfway decent. Knew nothing about Walker's opponent, but there was way too much PR for him to be given a legit opponent that could beat him.

At -1500 and -350, it would have taken a good bet to get something back, but that's been the most generous card I've ever seen for a surefire parlay. But two big debut's with opponents set up to lose on one card? May never happen again unfortunately.