Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Kimbo's next fight

Anyone heard any rumors of his next fight or have any thoughts on who would be a good matchup for kimbo?

What about Cro Cop? I know Kimbo can't be mentioned in the same breath as Mirko for his career. But the way Cro Cop has fought lately doesn't leave him many intriguing options. At least they would stand and fight.

If they did fight, I'd take Cro Cop by KO. Via kick upside the head.

ecpenguin
    ecpenguin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Anyone heard any rumors of his next fight or have any thoughts on who would be a good matchup for kimbo?

What about Cro Cop? I know Kimbo can't be mentioned in the same breath as Mirko for his career. But the way Cro Cop has fought lately doesn't leave him many intriguing options. At least they would stand and fight.

If they did fight, I'd take Cro Cop by KO. Via kick upside the head.
    I favor a fight with Pat Barry for the same reason. Kimbo would still be mauled though. Of course, I was in the camp that believed Houston would maul Kimbo so what the hell do I know.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by ecpenguin View Post

I favor a fight with Pat Barry for the same reason. Kimbo would still be mauled though. Of course, I was in the camp that believed Houston would maul Kimbo so what the hell do I know.
    So was i. It didn't even seem like Houston was trying though.

ecpenguin

From Five Ounces of Pain:

FiveOuncesofPain.com has recently learned from sources extremely close to the situation that Kimbo Slice next’s fight is expected to take place at UFC 113 against fellow TUF 10 heavyweight, Matt Mitrione.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cro-cop is fighting Rothwell next.

Tree Rollins

Against mitrione?

At least Mitrione will actually try to fight and not circle him. Someone should get knocked out.

ecpenguin

Against mitrione?

At least Mitrione will actually try to fight and not circle him. Someone should get knocked out.
    It should be Kimbo. Mitrione will have 20 lbs on him (255 vs 235ish) and 5 inches of reach (82" vs 77"). But, I'm staying away from all Kimbo fights from now on. His win against Houston still feels strange to me. Until the UFC gives him an opponent I KNOW wants to fight and wants to win (like a Pat Barry), I'm not risking a dime.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by ecpenguin View Post

It should be Kimbo. Mitrione will have 20 lbs on him (255 vs 235ish) and 5 inches of reach (82" vs 77"). But, I'm staying away from all Kimbo fights from now on. His win against Houston still feels strange to me. Until the UFC gives him an opponent I KNOW wants to fight and wants to win (like a Pat Barry), I'm not risking a dime.
    It took me a while to get over that fight. A couple minutes in i said "oh my god, this is fixed", and they didn't do much to prove me wrong. I don't think ufc fixed the fight or anything but it's just to hard to believe houston alexander would fight like that, unless somebody, somewhere offered him a lot of money to take a dive.
    If you think about it, houston was looking at being a mid-level ufc fighter at best for the rest of his career. He'd be lucky to even stay in the ufc much longer. He wasn't going to get many more big pay-days and obviously wasn't getting a title shot. He is like 36 years old and he has kids. The guy probably just made a business decision.
    Either that happened or the guy just said "fuk the ufc" and was pissed at them for some reason.

marabdl86
    marabdl86's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot of talented fighters in boxing and ufc and you wonder who kimbo's fighting next? this guy is a huge fraud and has the conditioning and work ethic of a billygoat

ecpenguin

Quote Originally Posted by marabdl86 View Post
    A lot of talented fighters in boxing and ufc and you wonder who kimbo's fighting next? this guy is a huge fraud and has the conditioning and work ethic of a billygoat
    No disagreements, marabdl86. I'm not a fan of Kimbo as a fighter. That said, researching and capping a crappy street fighter pays the same as researching and capping a talented boxer or mixed martial artist. If a line has value, I'm going to make a play.

ecpenguin

It took me a while to get over that fight. A couple minutes in i said "oh my god, this is fixed", and they didn't do much to prove me wrong. I don't think ufc fixed the fight or anything but it's just to hard to believe houston alexander would fight like that, unless somebody, somewhere offered him a lot of money to take a dive.
    If you think about it, houston was looking at being a mid-level ufc fighter at best for the rest of his career. He'd be lucky to even stay in the ufc much longer. He wasn't going to get many more big pay-days and obviously wasn't getting a title shot. He is like 36 years old and he has kids. The guy probably just made a business decision.
    Either that happened or the guy just said "fuk the ufc" and was pissed at them for some reason.
    Yeah, you detailed my own suspicions exactly. Plenty of people stood to profit if Houston didn't come to fight that day, not just the UFC. I'm not too mad about it. My bankroll took a 6u hit, but I learned a good lesson.

Kaladarus

I really hope they give Kimbo someone that will fight with him. Hopefully not some from TUF that he will probably beat.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Mitrione will KO him. Kimbo can not overcome the size and reach advantage. This is supposedly a main card fight for UFC 113.

waco66
    Canucks -1.5
    waco66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Mitrione will KO him. Kimbo can not overcome the size and reach advantage. This is supposedly a main card fight for UFC 113.

i agree

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

I would like to see Kimbo fight Cro-Cop but I think a smarter move for the UFC would be for Kimbo to fight James Toney. I think it's unlikely that Toney will have more than a couple of fights in the UFC as it's doubtful that he could beat more than a couple of fighters, if any. They could hype the hell out of of Kimbo/Toney fight and do some pretty good PPV numbers for 2 below average fighters. If Kimbo or Toney fights anyone else for their next fight it won't sell nearly as well as if they fought each other. Make it happen Dana.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by marabdl86 View Post
    I hear you man. I almost prefaced my comment by saying that i know kimbo is a lower-level talent in the ufc, but i figured that went without saying.
    Still though, he is a big draw, and i can't lie, i'm interested to see him fight. And i disagree that he has a poor work ethic.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I would like to see Kimbo fight Cro-Cop but I think a smarter move for the UFC would be for Kimbo to fight James Toney. I think it's unlikely that Toney will have more than a couple of fights in the UFC as it's doubtful that he could beat more than a couple of fighters, if any. They could hype the hell out of of Kimbo/Toney fight and do some pretty good PPV numbers for 2 below average fighters. If Kimbo or Toney fights anyone else for their next fight it won't sell nearly as well as if they fought each other. Make it happen Dana.
    Wow, never thought of that one. If they actually were to bring James Toney in, then that would be a good match-up.

Not sure if Dana is going to let James Toney into the UFC. Maybe he'll give him the same offer as kimbo; "go through the ultimate fighter and you can be in the ufc". James Toney on the Ultimate fighter, that would be cool.

MaInIsLe
    MaInIsLe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kimbo is done, he will never move up the ranks

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by MaInIsLe View Post
    Kimbo is done, he will never move up the ranks
    He's just a big name. He doesn't have a chance against any of good heavyweights. His best chance would be to drop to LH where it would be harder for guys to take him down. Evidently he had trouble getting down to the 215 catchweight for the Alexander fight. So he might be stuck at heavy.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Id like to see James Toney and him go at it.

Anyone else who is legit will beat his face in

msec512
    msec512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Kimbo is a joke. Dana White should have never gave him a contract. He will lose to whoever he fights. He fight against Nelson was pathetic.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by msec512 View Post
    Kimbo is a joke. Dana White should have never gave him a contract. He will lose to whoever he fights. He fight against Nelson was pathetic.
    Speaking of one of the most arrogant douche bags in mma. Roy Nelson.

Decent fighter but easy to hate.

Pabinator

err

Pabinator

True, Kimbo pretty much cant compete in the UFC but Dana signed him because people watch the guy. As bad as he is, people still wanna see him (for now)

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

bring kimbo out

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kimbo was a big dog in the backyard fight circuit. an internet sensation. now he's an underdog and people will watch him in hopes for a glipse of his former dominance.

Tree Rollins

Kimbo should drop to LH and fight James Irvin.

Pabinator

Kimbo vs Hershell Walker vs James Toney in a 3 way match

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    Kimbo vs Hershell Walker vs James Toney in a 3 way match
    Ladder match.

Kaladarus

Maybe after the Mitrione fight, the winner can fight Lesnar.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Maybe after the Mitrione fight, the winner can fight Lesnar.
    beat that horse! beat the **** out of it! (even though i'm not sure how your post would be considered beating a dead horse)

Anyway, myself and a couple others threw out a Kimbo vs. James Toney match. And yesterday Jake Rossen from espn.com actually threw the same potential match idea out on his MMA blog on. I guess the idea is starting to catch on.

Kimbo vs. Toney. Why the hell not?

KungLaoLay5
    KungLaoLay5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kimbo just do your thing man and if he loses then he loses, but i'ma still root for him. The game plan for everybody is to go for his knee plus Kimbo is old. Just win and shut up the Haters

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by KungLaoLay5 View Post
    Kimbo just do your thing man and if he loses then he loses, but i'ma still root for him. The game plan for everybody is to go for his knee plus Kimbo is old. Just win and shut up the Haters
    I don't know about everyone else, but if Kimbo beats Mitrione, it doesn't mean anything to me. When or if he beats a real fighter then the haters will shut up. Also there are many more people that like Kimbo, than people that hate him. If he wasn't a money making machine because of people watching him, he wouldn't even be a fighter.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post

I don't know about everyone else, but if Kimbo beats Mitrione, it doesn't mean anything to me. When or if he beats a real fighter then the haters will shut up. Also there are many more people that like Kimbo, than people that hate him. If he wasn't a money making machine because of people watching him, he wouldn't even be a fighter.
    You're right. Right now though, a Kimbo fight does interest me. He's just a name, but a compelling one.
    At this point, i don't think any knowledgeable mma fan would argue for kimbo as any sort of contender or as a top level mma fighter. He's a lower level heavyweight. I don't root for him to win and i don't root for him to lose. But i like to see him in the cage.

babyanni
    babyanni's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kimbo will be cut after his next loss

12 Last