TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Do you use spreadsheets/models

Just curious who all uses these tools and who kind of free wheels it. I'm working on a spreadsheet template now, but information is tough to find, especially since none of it has level of competition factored in/most include full career stats but here is what I've decided to use so far. I'd like to find something for submission defense though and to weigh fights differently (5 most recent=heaviest weight), but that is very time consuming if you can't scrape data.

Stance
    Significant Strikes per minute (Attempted and Landed)
    Sig strike accuracy
    Sig strike allowed per minute
    Sig strike defense
    Takedown average
    Takedown attempts/15 mins
    Takedown defense
    Sub Attempts/15 mins

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

I tried something similar years ago and found out quickly it did more harm than good. Now I just watch all the fights i can and extrapolate what ever i can from their records.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    I tried something similar years ago and found out quickly it did more harm than good. Now I just watch all the fights i can and extrapolate what ever i can from their records.
    yeah? Curious exactly what happened. PM me if you don't mind

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    yeah? Curious exactly what happened. PM me if you don't mind
    Sure. Based on your posting #'s you're obviously knowledgable about betting but can you tell me how much experience you have specifically with MMA wagering?

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    Sure. Based on your posting #'s you're obviously knowledgable about betting but can you tell me how much experience you have specifically with MMA wagering?
    I would say mostly casually. Watch the fights and make bets based off feel and maybe a podcast or 2 I've listened to. Typically don't deviate far from picking a winner because I'm not as well versed to get into props

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

I break things down by...

Kickboxing/striking technique
    Wrestling
    Grappling and subs

Then breakdown by...

Strength and conditioning(how strong they look and how fast they move, their technique, cardio)
    Body type(height, reach and physique)

Then there's...

Mentality, attitude and work ethic
    What team they're working with, who's training them

Looking at their record...

Their age
    How long they've been fighting
    Wins and losses, how padded their records or the records of their opponents are
    Finishes vs decisions, what they finish by, what their opponent has been finished by
    Do they have an amateur career in boxing, wrestling, judo, other
    Do they have credentials or achievements in grappling competitions, athletics
    Their rank: example purple belt in jiu jitsu, 2nd degree black belt in jiu jitsu, black belt in judo, black belt in tae kwon do, international master of sports in sambo and so on.

Day of weigh ins...

Did they make weight
    Did they look injured walking to the scale
    Did they look mentally beaten or broken or seem to lack confidence weighing in

Those are probably the basics.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 11-24-15 at 11:12 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Lean heavy on fighter strengths and style match ups to go along with current win and or losing streaks... Then factor in training camps, age, inactivity, fighter reports, weigh in cuts and sizing..

Betting odds obviously are considered just because in MMA any fighter at the top level can win... Land the perfect shot, hit a sneaky sub, fighter can get injured during a fight, judging robbery, and or just catch that fighter on a bad night..

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

hawg analysis is most important. holly holm is a gr8 example
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mirinquads

Ebe
    28-1
    Ebe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

I used a model once. I used her pussy, and mouth for about an hour. It was nice.