Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Get in here you filthy casuals. Squareguy's official MMA betting thread.

It's time to make some paper. I've held out for a long time, but I think it's time to share my 5-star mega-locks with you degenerates.

First pick will be Ben Rothwell. I had to grab him at +145, but if you use a good sports book you can probably grab him at +150 or +155.

Let's take a look at the match-up.

Ben Rothwell 34-9 (4-3 UFC) Vs Matt Mitrione (9-3 UFC)

Mitrione has looked great in his last three outings, quickly dispatching three solid opponents in the first round by (T)KO. Ben Rothwell has had mixed success in his UFC tenure. His most recent outings saw him string together two wins for the first time over a questionable chin and a light heavyweight who couldn't give up carbs.

So why am I so confident in Rothwell? Let's talk about adversity. Matt Mitrione is a STRONG dude with some serious power and just about the cutest dimples I've ever seen, but he has only overcome adversity ONE time in his octagon career and it was against Joey Beltran. As much as I respect Beltran, he had no business fighting at heavyweight and isn't 10% of the athlete that Meathead is.

Rothwell basically comes to fights and begs his opponents to hit him in the face. He took 60 solid punches from Cain Velasquez and was standing up to continue his beating when the ref decided to show some mercy. I'm absolutely positive that he's going to get tagged in the first round and it's probably not going to feel great, but here's where he stands out from the rest of Mitrione's opponents...He's going to keep coming. Matt is an ex-NFL player who is built for quick bursts of energy followed by rest, and if he doesn't get his rest, he's going to break.

So basically, bet on Rothwell because...

1. Mitrione is unproven outside of the first round against quality competition.
    2. Rothwell has faced better competition.
    3. Rothwell got absolutely mauled by Cain Velasquez in a very grueling first round and his cardio appeared to be solid. He did gas out against Mark Hunt, but it was at high altitude.

You should accept this speculation as fact and re-finance your house to play Rothwell.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Not my house just a play! Let's make some money.

UncleChael

Lewis got dropped by Meat Head in like one shot. Dude is way off balance and has no foot work with all power. Insta-play on Shawn Jordan @+100.

UncleChael

Travis Browne vs Big Ben.. Hunt vs Meat head at UFC 193 or I'm way off.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

hilarious. im with u on rothwell

UncleChael

I hope to see more 5 star plays.. Nice other tabs BTW.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Fighting - 24206 M. Mitrione -185 for Game
    Fighting - 24210 D. Poirier -185 for Game
    Fighting - 24214 T. Tavares -170 for Game
    Fighting - 24225 S. Jordan -105 for Game IMO

Squareguy

I think I just stumbled upon the world's FIRST 6 star play AND IT'S HAPPENING TONIGHT!

Dan Henderson had a slight cough at a post weigh-in interview. 20 UNITS ON TIMOTHY. I should really be charging you guys for this.

Squareguy

I guess you guys could say that I'm 1/1 on 5 star mega lock picks, am I right?