Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jibby, I believe that is well said, except for the blind loyalty for or against certain forums. It's neither all good nor all bad here or anywhere else. I put more credence in the individual posters and their contributions to decide for myself who I think is a good handicapper and who seems to be a good bettor.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    So I personally don't put much merit into other posters fighter breakdowns unless it is in line with what I think will happen......
    You don't see any flaw in that kind of thinking dude?

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

So I personally don't put much merit into other posters fighter breakdowns unless it is in line with what I think will happen.....
    You continue to baffle me Jibbby... I'm speechless.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

The topic for conversation from MD's original post was - do forum generic post fighter breakdowns help, and are they useful or not?? For some maybe they are but for me personally not so much..

Miri and Crassus - Why would I put much merit into other fan post fighter breakdowns if I already capped the fights thoroughly myself, watched vids, compared fighter style match ups, compared trends, read all the main stream articles, etc? I have enough confidence in my own MMA capping abilities come fight time then most other fans posting on other forums like Sherdog or on this one... That's not my being arrogant but being honest... So do I put much merit into the basic fighter breakdown posts most of the time no...

On this forum I do put alot of merit into gambling strategies, value betting, prop angles, O/U round bets, etc.. as some of you guys post some real gems that make perfect sense...

That's fair to say right???

Crassus

The topic for conversation from MD's original post was - do forum generic post fighter breakdowns help, and are they useful or not?? For some maybe they are but for me personally not so much..

Miri and Crassus - Why would I put much merit into other fan post fighter breakdowns if I already capped the fights thoroughly myself, watched vids, compared fighter style match ups, compared trends, read all the main stream articles, etc? I have enough confidence in my own MMA capping abilities come fight time then most other fans posting on other forums like Sherdog or on this one... That's not my being arrogant but being honest... So do I put much merit into the basic fighter breakdown posts most of the time no...

On this forum I do put alot of merit into gambling strategies, value betting, prop angles, O/U round bets, etc.. as some of you guys post some real gems that make perfect sense...

That's fair to say right???
    Difference between confidence and blindness hoss. You shouldn't just discount it, give it a fair bit of thought. If after as unbiased an analysis as you can personally do (this goes for anybody not a personal thing on you) you still have the same opinion, no harm no foul. Discounting as a general rule isn't particularly effective though, from my perspective at least.

Take into account any point you hear, some are easier than others to discount quickly but shit, even the national enquirer breaks legitimate stories sometimes; you can never be sure.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Seeing your analysis a lot of the time Jibbers, maybe you shouldnt have that kind of confidence. But even if the post point out some things you haven't taken into account, seems you'd still not give a shiet and bet the side you 'think is gonna win' right?

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

This card takes place on a Sunday, Prelims will run same time as Colts vs Patriots this arena might be a ghost town in Boston. If New England wins maybe they'll get a crazy crowd coming in for the main

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    This card takes place on a Sunday, Prelims will run same time as Colts vs Patriots this arena might be a ghost town in Boston. If New England wins maybe they'll get a crazy crowd coming in for the main
    Good point and you could be right Lock.. Pats win the city will be rocking that's for sure...

Gotta think most UFC fans are not always football fans though? Pretty good main card as well with Bendo, Cowboy and McGregor fighting on it. We see???

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

[QUOTE=JIBBBY;23384277....

So I personally don't put much merit into other posters fighter breakdowns unless it is in line with what I think will happen.....[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Educ8d Degener8; 01-12-15 at 10:03 PM. Reason: image won't post correctly, but you get the point

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

prolly value on McGRegor. Siver is the ideal opponent for Conor. A guy with just enough of a name, not that good, old, stationary, a candidate for someone to claim "underrated ground game".

Happy Birthday Dennis SIver!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^^Educ8d I wish you would post more!!!!... You are the MMA tourney king of this forum... An impressive feat that you tackled...

Step out of the shadows champ and lay down some opinions and more winning picks, you won't get jinxed don't worry......

Topic -

Combat Press came out with their discussion/prediction write up on this event if anyone wants to check and read...

http://combatpress.com/2015/01/toe-t...d-predictions/
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-14-15 at 12:55 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Siver wins by spinning back kick KO.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

McGregor wins by decision +1157...

I highly doubt that will happen in a 5 rounder but those odds are massive... Siver is a tough guy and has gone late in fights with some great strikers though.. Those all being 3 rounders and not 5.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dennis-Siver-9817

Siver did get blasted in round one against Melvin Guilard but that was years ago. Hmmmm?

Prop 1025 - McGregor wins in round 1 at -135 might be the call.. The Under 1 1/2 rounds is -190, that is a little bit safer play but probably not worth the extra -60 you gotta give up.. With the under 1 1/2 round bet you do have a chance with both fighters though..

2nd and 3rd round finishes have decent value as well just in case....

Sun 1/18 1027 McGregor wins in round 2 +400
    Sun 1/18 1029 McGregor wins in round 3 +800

Just looking over the props now.. Trying to figure out what are the best plays for this fight...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-14-15 at 12:38 AM.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jibby, for the McGregor/Siver fight I took Fight doesn't start round 2 at -123 as it is a slightly better prop than McGregor wins in round 1 for a better price at the time I bet it. I also bet the under 1½ at -170. Hopefully with a first round stoppage by Conor, both cash. Also, as far as a long shot prop, I like McGregor by submission at +1215 rather than McGregor by decision at near that price. Siver doesn't have much neck, but I can see Conor knocking him down with strikes maybe and then jumping on his back Cowboy Cerrone style to lock in a quick RNC.

Also- today I learned that I share a birthday with Dennis Siver.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Jim_Gunn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Happy B-Day Jimster!!!!!

Good prop thoughts too....

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Ohio State Michigan Tickets (basketball ) were 7$ yesterday bc all the die hard were still in texas....I imagine you'll be able to get UFC tickets at the cheapest prices possibly ever....worth it if your in the area...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Cerrone will become the 11th fighter in history to compete in two UFC bouts in 30 days or fewer (outside of one-night tournaments). Previous fighters to accomplish the feat went 4-6 in the second contest.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Cerrone will become the 11th fighter in history to compete in two UFC bouts in 30 days or fewer (outside of one-night tournaments). Previous fighters to accomplish the feat went 4-6 in the second contest.
    Yep, and he's been winning as well... Cowboy is on a roll and it's just damn hard to bet against that going in....

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Ohio State Michigan Tickets (basketball ) were 7$ yesterday bc all the die hard were still in texas....I imagine you'll be able to get UFC tickets at the cheapest prices possibly ever....worth it if your in the area...
    Here's hoping, I'm watching the stubhub prices like a hawk.

MMA Fan
    MMA Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

For what it's worth, sounds like Siver is going to "fight" like a total pussy and look to grapple. I hate when these striking-based fighters look exclusively to grapple. Since Siver went to 145, he's been a total pussy. Has he not grappled or tried to grapple with any of his recent opponents?

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Diego tweets that Conor was fumbling around words when he appeared on espn.

Anyone got a link?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Going over the Cowboy/Bendo props now.. A few props to consider for value me tinks.. Thought to post as I go along..

If you're pulling for cowboy these props might stand out -

Sun 1/18 1105 Cerrone wins inside distance +390

Sun 1/18 1127 Cerrone wins by submission +680

Sun 1/18 1129 Cerrone wins by TKO/KO +650

Sun 1/18 1115 Cerrone wins in round 1 +725

Pulling for Bendo this stands out -

Sun 1/18 1111 Henderson wins by 3 round decision +160

Playing the field and not sure who will win then these might be worth a stab in a parlay play -

Sun 1/18 1143 Cerrone / Henderson starts round 3 -255
    11:00PM 1144 Fight won't start round 3 +195

Sun 1/18 1101 Donald Cerrone +115 o2½ -225
    11:00PM 1102 Benson Henderson -135 u2½ +175

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

Sports Interaction is offering Benson Henderson by TKO/KO/DQ at 13.0/+1200 . I really doubt he has it in him to pull it off.. but these odds are too tempting to pass up on I feel. Hes already 2-0 in this match-up and should be desperate for a finish. Mind you if this odd wasn't over +1000 there's no way I'd even be thinking about it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by oddtodd View Post
    Sports Interaction is offering Benson Henderson by TKO/KO/DQ at 13.0/+1200 . I really doubt he has it in him to pull it off.. but these odds are too tempting to pass up on I feel. Hes already 2-0 in this match-up and should be desperate for a finish. Mind you if this odd wasn't over +1000 there's no way I'd even be thinking about it.
    I saw that, more likely Bendo gets the sub at +655 rather then the KO if he can stop Cowboy ITD... Cowboy has the solid chin and Bendo has never been known for a guy that hits like a truck...... I can't remember the last time I saw Bendo get a KO win???

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Benson-Henderson-20548

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

That's because you didnt watch WEC noob

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Didnt he KO Shane Roller?

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Going with Smooth over Cowboy.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Didnt he KO Shane Roller?
    indeed, hence him not watching WEC

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

yeah you really got him there, a fight nearly 6 years ago... lol

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Brooks and JIBBBY, sitting in a tree, f-u-c-k-i-n-g.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

rooster riding MD to the rescue haha, like a broken record. I knew you'd show up too. Lord you're pathetic.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    yeah you really got him there, a fight nearly 6 years ago... lol
    So that means it didnt happen?

First 123456 ... Last