Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Joe Rogan puts Brendan Schaub on BLAST after his poor performance at UFC 181

"You don't have an elite fighter's movement"
    "Lots of apprehension in your movement"
    "There's shit other people can do you can't do"
    "I worry about your commitment to fighting"
    "I think you have one foot out the door"
    "I think you're looking at where the future is going to take you and that you can't do this forever"
    "The reality of your skill set where it is now, I don't see you being elite guys"
    "I think you'd get ****** up in wrestling"
    "There's a bridge between you and the very best guys in the world"
    "Are you comfortable possibly getting KO'd 5-6 more times in the next 3-4 years if it doesn't involve championship status?"
    "Hendricks and Cruz came off still being elite and fluid after a long break unlike you against Arlovski; it was obvious what you were attempting to do to him and you were predictable against Arlovski and couldn't close the deal with him when he was as white as he was ever gonna get"
    "If I'm a guy who's a talent scout, based on those performances, I wouldn't say you're there"
    "Your strong ego doesn't allow you to look at yourself the way others do to you and evaluate yourself honestly"

I know it's harsh but you can tell he's saying it out of genuine love/care for Schaub. It's an exercise in weighing cost benefits against Brendan's skill level. Went on a huge tangent on brain damage too.

Brendan: "You were shitting on me a little bit"
    Hogan: "If I were, I'd have been a lot harder on you"
    "Unfinished business causes fighters the worst heartbreaks of their lives"
    Schaub: "You guys have sent me damn near the road of depression" (Half-jokingly)

Schaub: "Independent of your (Joe/Bryan) input, I was thinking of hanging it up in 2 years or 4 more fights, maybe cut to 205"

S: "Joe it's easy for you to sit there with 12m dollars to say stop doing it"
    Hogan: "It's always going to be easier for me/someone on the outside whether they're broke or not"

Schaub: "I don't know if we should've recorded this podcast"
    Hogan: "You said you wanted to do it; should we not have been honest? Not my idea to do this live. You wanted to do this."
    Schaub: "100% - not blaming you."
    Hogan: "No other way to tell someone you're concerned without brutal honesty. You're in a transitional phase - if you say you're going 2 more years, you're looking at the end."
    Schaub: "It's a plan, not just an end. From a smart guy. That's one way to look at it."
    Hogan: "Do you think JDS and Cain are looking at it like 2 more years?"
    Hogan: "You're also coming off a state of discomfort. You probably didn't anticipate how it would feel when you said you wanted to have this conversation on air."

Hogan: "For a guy like you with an elite ground game to get flattened on the ground, there's something wrong"

Schaub: "Travis told me 'That's what you get for talking shit' when the fight ended, then we cleared the air backstage"

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Rogan just being brutally honest to his boy Schaub, Schaub needs to hang it up & try broadcasting/commentary. He drops everytime his chin gets touched

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

There was a bit were Rogan was giving him a comparison by saying that if he suddenly started to be unfunny on stage everynight and "sucked diick" then he'd expect his buddies to tell him. I was praying that Schaub would say... ''Well your buddies suck cos that happened years ago, Joe"!!!! Could tell he was thinking that!

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    There was a bit were Rogan was giving him a comparison by saying that if he suddenly started to be unfunny on stage everynight and "sucked diick" then he'd expect his buddies to tell him. I was praying that Schaub would say... ''Well your buddies suck cos that happened years ago, Joe"!!!! Could tell he was thinking that!
    Somebody still needs to tell Rogan he sucks dick on stage and is hardly funny imo

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was abit cringe. Rogan's stand up is trash. also highly unlikely BB would make as much money doing anything else then fighting in the UFC. Rogan is a bit delusional he likes to think he's like the everyday person, but he got the luckiest break in life. literally just talks into a microphone and has millions.

The conversation should of been off air. i'm still thinking about it right now. also the whole "fighters might be listening to this its important" was just cheesy and pathetic.

marzwoody

That being said Schaub needed a reality check. guy thought he could beat Cain etc. still should of been off air. cant just shit on a guyz career like that.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

was just a bizarre situation! Rogan said a whole lot of cringeworthy shiit but also said a lot of valid stuff (but in wrong setting). Callen actually probably made the most valid and useful points for first time ever!

Oh one of the cringe parts that I forgot to mention was at start were Rogan is telling Callen that he talks to much on his podcast show and doesnt let the guest speak!!! Then 30 mins later Rogan proceeds to talk for about 20 minutes straight without even asking Schaub to comment on anything or letting him have his say!!! Rogan is one of the worse for not letting his guests speak! That fuuckin Rory MacDonald podcast was annoying as fuuck at times cos Rory would be about to tell a story like one about him tripping up Eddie Bravo at Metamoris and Rogan would just come in and ruin it by being all serious and saying "Eddie has a bad back, you probably shouldnt of done that"!!! Supposed to be a comedian yet sometimes just completely misreads situations!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I thought Schaub was poking Rousey. Why isnt he at Edmonds camp?

marzwoody

was just a bizarre situation! Rogan said a whole lot of cringeworthy shiit but also said a lot of valid stuff (but in wrong setting). Callen actually probably made the most valid and useful points for first time ever!

Oh one of the cringe parts that I forgot to mention was at start were Rogan is telling Callen that he talks to much on his podcast show and doesnt let the guest speak!!! Then 30 mins later Rogan proceeds to talk for about 20 minutes straight without even asking Schaub to comment on anything or letting him have his say!!! Rogan is one of the worse for not letting his guests speak! That fuuckin Rory MacDonald podcast was annoying as fuuck at times cos Rory would be about to tell a story like one about him tripping up Eddie Bravo at Metamoris and Rogan would just come in and ruin it by being all serious and saying "Eddie has a bad back, you probably shouldnt of done that"!!! Supposed to be a comedian yet sometimes just completely misreads situations!
    I know. no one ever calls Rogan out on his bullshit. like there scared of him or something. Big Brown saying about the 12 million is the first time i can recall. and its so true. its easy to sit back and give your opinion on everything when you talk into a microphone and have millions in the bank. Rogan is an open guy and talks about everything except when it comes to money. he wants to maintain the everyday person image, like he's in the same situation as all of his listeners which is far from the truth.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    he didnt think Edmond was legit and no sparring partners there

Beelzebubzy

Does Rogan ever shut up on this podcast?

I think Schaub has said like 12 words. I am 50 minutes in.

Beelzebubzy

Rogan: Jon Jones is a world class fighter. he throws head kicks and step-in elbows.

Wow, way to go out on a limb there on that one. Is Weidman world class too?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yee by Rogan's logic most fighters need to retire!

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Awkward. Edmond likes Rousey.

Imsmarterthanu

Rogan has two sides one is a narcissistic asshole and the other side is a facade he puts on where he is this dmt spiritual conquest hippy bro scientist in tune with the universe and everything in it. Rogan is a conman he pretends like he's one of the people out there part of the culture one of the underdogs the casual guys but he's really a materialistic rich prick who's sole intention is to make as much money as he can.

At the same time Schaub is a delusional idiot with nothing but basic striking, wrestling and grappling skills hyper-inflating his own abilities. So when one ego starts recognizing the other ones bullshit and vice verse an eventual clash of trash comes forth. It's the clearing of the air back to the premise of reality.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    That being said Schaub needed a reality check. guy thought he could beat Cain etc. still should of been off air. cant just shit on a guyz career like that.
    How many guys in the UFC think they'll never be good enough to contend for a title? Silly thing to criticize Schaub for.

On top of that, he didn't really get a "reality check", because telling a fighter they're not good enough is just something they'll use as "motivation".

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    How many guys in the UFC think they'll never be good enough to contend for a title? Silly thing to criticize Schaub for.

On top of that, he didn't really get a "reality check", because telling a fighter they're not good enough is just something they'll use as "motivation".
    It's not so much that. the guy always criticizes other fighters. he thinks he can take Cain in a wrestling match. thinks he can outstrike high level kickboxers, goes on and on about his cardio and what he's good at. the guy has been living in a delusion. he is a good athlete but has never been a good fighter.

MD

It's not so much that. the guy always criticizes other fighters. he thinks he can take Cain in a wrestling match. thinks he can outstrike high level kickboxers, goes on and on about his cardio and what he's good at. the guy has been living in a delusion. he is a good athlete but has never been a good fighter.
    And Ronda Rousey thinks that she can beat Cain Velasquez. Who's more delusional?

Top-level fighters overestimate their abilities, shock-horror. Most people who spend their lives training to be the best at something will have high opinions of their abilities, because of how much work they have put in. The guy was top 15, if that doesn't fit your definition of a "good fighter", then I don't know what to tell you.

marzwoody

And Ronda Rousey thinks that she can beat Cain Velasquez. Who's more delusional?

Top-level fighters overestimate their abilities, shock-horror. Most people who spend their lives training to be the best at something will have high opinions of their abilities, because of how much work they have put in. The guy was top 15, if that doesn't fit your definition of a "good fighter", then I don't know what to tell you.
    Wow hes a strong athletic guy taking part in MMA. his punches look sloppy, slow and telegraphed. he leaves himself exposed and his chin in the air. and looks like he panics everytime he gets hit. he is not a natural fighter and never will be. when he fights a certain level it will only end with him getting hurt.

Big Brown is a little different then Rousey who backs up everything she says and then some in her fights.

MD

Wow hes a strong athletic guy taking part in MMA. his punches look sloppy, slow and telegraphed. he leaves himself exposed and his chin in the air. and looks like he panics everytime he gets hit. he is not a natural fighter and never will be. when he fights a certain level it will only end with him getting hurt.

Big Brown is a little different then Rousey who backs up everything she says and then some in her fights.
    Big Brown is different than Rousey in the sense that he's calling out someone of his own gender, in his own weight class. Pretty sure Ronda has never "backed up" the talk that she can beat Cain. Why does Ronda get to make even more egregiously false statements than Schaub without criticism?

The guy is top 15 in the world, whatever you think about "natural fighters" doesn't change that. He's a big success.

marzwoody

Big Brown is different than Rousey in the sense that he's calling out someone of his own gender, in his own weight class. Pretty sure Ronda has never "backed up" the talk that she can beat Cain. Why does Ronda get to make even more egregiously false statements than Schaub without criticism?

The guy is top 15 in the world, whatever you think about "natural fighters" doesn't change that. He's a big success.
    So what guyz do you think he could beat in the HW division? please name a few.

He is actually not top 15 in the world, hes not even ranked.
    http://www.ufc.com/rankings

MD

So what guyz do you think he could beat in the HW division? please name a few.

He is actually not top 15 in the world, hes not even ranked.
    http://www.ufc.com/rankings

Bigfoot, Mir, Rothwell, Nelson, Arlovski... maybe even Barnett with the right gameplan.

He was top 15 on Saturday night, his "#11" ranking was right next to his name on the broadcast. No idea why he was removed, if someone simply overtook him they'd have a green arrow next to their name.

marzwoody

Bigfoot, Mir, Rothwell, Nelson, Arlovski... maybe even Barnett with the right gameplan.

He was top 15 on Saturday night, his "#11" ranking was right next to his name on the broadcast. No idea why he was removed, if someone simply overtook him they'd have a green arrow next to their name.
    Must be a UFC conspiracy. i hope he fights those guys easy money.

marzwoody

He might beat CM Punk if he drops weight class.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 12-09-14 at 10:45 AM.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

yee by Rogan's logic most fighters need to retire!
    Exactly. I was thinking the same thing. Schaub can beat every man on this planet except 10 or 11 guys. So should all the rest of the heavyweights retire? I think Joe is just a little freaked out because he now understands medically what happens when the brain gets damaged. But if you asked most athletes if they knew ahead of time. They would gladly trade 40 years of glory then death for 100 years of mediocrity.
    Last edited by Ron_Paul_2012; 12-09-14 at 11:05 AM.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

He's already fought and lost already to Nelson (1st rd KO), Rothwell (1st rd KO), and Arlovski (split decision).

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    He's already fought and lost already to Nelson (1st rd KO), Rothwell (1st rd KO), and Arlovski (split decision).
    that means he cant beat them then? He's also beat Gonzaga and Mitrione who are in the top 15

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Exactly. I was thinking the same thing. Schaub can beat every man on this planet except 10 or 11 guys. So should all the rest of the heavyweights retire? I think Joe is just a little freaked out because he now understands medically what happens when the brain gets damaged. But if you asked most athletes if they knew ahead of time. They would gladly trade 40 years of glory then death for 100 years of mediocrity.
    Indeed. There is a good bit in Randy Couture's autobiography where he talks about that.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    You're right, there's no way Travis Browne could beat Bigfoot Silva.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

that means he cant beat them then? He's also beat Gonzaga and Mitrione who are in the top 15
    Give him Bigfoot, Mir or Barnett then. Was just pointing out that he's already fought 3 of those guys and I doubt there's much demand or a reason for a rematch with any of them.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Schaub was swinging hard and I think he represented early on in the fight... Browne was just too big and hit harder.. Or in simple terms Travis Browne is just the better fighter all around period.

If Schaub was thinking of hanging em up in 2 to 4 fights prior to going in then he's already packed it up as far as I'm concerned.. This also means it will probably be 2 fights remaining and not 4 for him in the UFC... UFC will use him as a stepping stone for better fighters from this point forward.. My guess is they cut him after 2 more losses and he then retires.

Fade material..

MD

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Schaub was swinging hard and I think he represented early on in the fight... Browne was just too big and hit harder.. Or in simple terms Travis Browne is just the better fighter all around period.

If Schaub was thinking of hanging em up in 2 to 4 fights prior to going in then he's already packed it up as far as I'm concerned..
    This also means it will probably be 2 fights remaining and not 4 for him in the UFC... UFC will use him as a stepping stone for better fighters from this point forward.. My guess is they cut him after 2 more losses and he then retires.

Fade material..
    Not only did he not say that, but he said the exact opposite; he didn't even start thinking about how many fights he had left until Rogan asked him.

You really love to misrepresent what people say.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

I love how Hogan is lamenting Callen for speaking over his guests, when the drugfuelled manlet basically can't stop talking when they are doing podcasts. Speaking over and interrupting important points with inane jokes and just generally being annoying. Especially if his guests are the more timid kind.
    I can't believe one of them didn't comment on the "If i started to be unfunny on strange" bit. Because goddamn Rogans standup is cringe-i-dycringe. Bet Callen knows he should have said it, but is scared of Rogans big HGH muscles and shiny head.
    Still kind of was nice to see Schaub get a reality check. I actually had money on him, and his standup was straight sad to watch. I think the second round would have gotten interesting though. The look on his face was priceless through that though. Rogan straigh spinning back kicked his ego in the nutsack.
    Last edited by mirinquads; 12-09-14 at 12:56 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

MD ^^ Schaub - "I was thinking of hanging them up in 2 years or 4 fights, maybe cut to 205"..

That tells me he probably gets worked over in his next two fights, gets cut from the UFC then after.. He retires.. He's not cutting to 205 either.. B is too lazy, hearts not in it..

I read between the lines MD a little better then you and I can't apologize for that..

I find myself writing stuff out more and more for certain people on this forum to further clarify what I say.. Kinda feels like I'm teaching and dealing with a child that's learning the alphabet for the first time. MD how old are you?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    MD ^^ Schaub - "I was thinking of hanging them up in 2 years or 4 fights, maybe cut to 205"..

That tells me he probably gets worked over in his next two fights, gets cut from the UFC then after.. He retires.. He's not cutting to 205 either.. B is too lazy, hearts not in it..

I read between the lines MD a little better then you and I can't apologize for that..

I find myself writing stuff out more and more for certain people on this forum to further clarify what I say.. Kinda feels like I'm teaching and dealing with a child that's learning the alphabet for the first time. MD how old are you?

123 Last