JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Cage Warriors 73 (11/1)

Cage Warriors 73 action later today.. Can watch it on MMA Junkie live..

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/11/watch-t...2-and-5-p-m-et

The event line up - http://www.cagewarriors.com/events-a...ge_warriors_73

Cage Warriors 73 - Lightweight 5 rounds - Metro Radio Arena - Newcastle, England
    Sat 11/1 3301 Curt Warburton +145
    12:00PM 3302 Steven Ray -175
    Cage Warriors 73 - Welterweight 3 rounds - Metro Radio Arena - Newcastle, England
    Sat 11/1 3401 Juan Manuel Suarez +150
    12:00PM 3401 Jimmy Wallhead -180
    Cage Warriors 73 - Flyweight 3 rounds - Metro Radio Arena - Newcastle, England
    Sat 11/1 3501 Damien Rooney -185
    12:00PM 3502 Shaj Haque +155
    Cage Warriors 73 - Welterweight 3 rounds - Metro Radio Arena - Newcastle, England
    Sat 11/1 3601 Lew Long +155
    12:00PM 3602 Matt Inman -185
    Cage Warriors 73 - Flyweight 3 rounds - Metro Radio Arena - Newcastle, England
    Sat 11/1 3701 Brett Caswell +210
    12:00PM 3702 Marcin Lasota -270

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't know these fighters and will be Sherdog cap'n it later on..

Hoping some of you English lads can shed some light on this event since it is going on in New Castle....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-01-14 at 04:16 PM.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Jibbby upgrading from Wiki capping? Good to see son!

Inman should take it

Considering Haque as well, hate betting small strikers vs bigger grapplers, does have some quick feet though. Not sure i can pull the trigger on any of this buttatoof shit.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Newcastle is like 5 minutes away from me Jibbby.. if i knew about this event i might of researched the fighter, placed some bets and went. i want to see an MMA event live. and i doubt the UFC will ever come here.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 11-01-14 at 04:31 PM.

marzwoody

would have to get really drunk for can fights.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 11-01-14 at 04:42 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Newcastle is like 5 minutes away from me Jibbby.. if i knew about this event i might of researched the fighter, placed some bets and went. i want to see an MMA event live. and i doubt the UFC will ever come here.
    "Come here ... again!"...
    ufc 80 was in Newcastle you goddamn nooooob!! The famous BJ lickin the blood off his gloves after starchin Joe Daddy happened there!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I don't know these fighters and will be Sherdog cap'n it later on..

Hoping some of you English lads can shed some light on this event since it is going on in New Castle....
    Aready told ya jibbs... Mann and wallhead double

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    "Come here ... again!"...
    ufc 80 was in Newcastle you goddamn nooooob!! The famous BJ lickin the blood off his gloves after starchin Joe Daddy happened there!
    Yeah i know. actually googled UFC Newcastle the other day. was in 2008 long time ago. wasen't the same UFC as it is now. i doubt they would ever come back here unless maybe Pearson headlines or something.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yee its unlikely. God knows what happened to the "4 england events minimum per year" promise that Cook made last year! If they did stick to tht promised schedule then Newcastle would have a chance. But Has there even been 2 england events this year? Trying to think of last one i went to

Like you say, Pearson is the only guy from the North-East so would depend on him, but he isnt really a big draw cos he's pretty boring (personality, not fighting)! Not like Hardy who had a big enough name/appeal tht they took an event to Nottingham. Pearson would have to break in to the top 5 and fight a top guy in order for ufc to consider making him main event in newcastle. Unless they want to make Ogle main event lol

the hotbed of England MMA is on otherside of country isnt it so Liverpool and Manchester are always gonna be priority along with Midlands (Birmingham and Nottingham) and obviously London. Wouldnt be surprised if Scotland - Glasgow or Edinborough are at top of the queue as well...they will really try to push Calderwood after this TUF and make her one of their main Female stars.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ahh Gustafsson Manuwa in London back in March was last UK event I believe

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

3 underdogs won so far....Inman got choked out in 1st, Haque and Caswell won decisions

marzwoody

Yeah i'm still hoping though. as this area is a hotbed for MMA. fight stores and gyms everywhere. it would be up to Pierson though to headline. any english card outside of London seems unlikely at this point. i would of gone to an event there when i lived in London if the tickets weren't overpriced and fights dogshit.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 11-01-14 at 05:48 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah i'm still hoping though. as this area is a hotbed for MMA. fight stores and gyms everywhere. it would be up to Pierson though to headline. any english card outside of London seems unlikely at this point. i would of gone to an event there when i lived in London if the tickets weren't overpriced and fights dogshit.
    The event when Condit KO'd Hardy was worth every penny! Tht shiit was epic!

but yee, im sure north-east is catching up with lancashire and Scousers. Have you heard of Ryan Scope? He's from Sunderland, followed him since early in his career,,,,he looks like a pretty boii who is more interested in doing his hair and getting a tan..type you'd see on Geordie Shore! but he's actually tough as fuuuck! He choked out Newman (the dope from TUF Smashes who loved his Gran) at a Bamma event a while ago after getting dropped by a brutal knee to body and loads of ground and pound....was a great comeback win... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gh9v_JPf5k

he could go on TUF and make a name for himself. He likes to party though!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Wallhead first round KO and Mann decision. Just gave you hundreds of unitz for free jibb

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Tht Wallhead line was a gift! As if he was gonna lose to a friggin Spaniard nobody in England!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Warburton is past it, could grind out decision but more likely stevie ray fuuck him up

marzwoody

but yee, im sure north-east is catching up with lancashire and Scousers. Have you heard of Ryan Scope? He's from Sunderland, followed him since early in his career,,,,he looks like a pretty boii who is more interested in doing his hair and getting a tan..type you'd see on Geordie Shore! but he's actually tough as fuuuck! He choked out Newman (the dope from TUF Smashes who loved his Gran) at a Bamma event a while ago after getting dropped by a brutal knee to body and loads of ground and pound....was a great comeback win... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gh9v_JPf5k

Nope will have to follow him. your right his hair does look glorious.

8-0 might see him in the UFC.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Warburton is past it, could grind out decision but more likely stevie ray fuuck him up
    And Ray chokes Warburton out in second round. If only i had funds in sportbet account still id of cleaned up tonight!

all kicked off in the crowd as well...hundreds of drunken Scottish fuucks (Rays fans) fighting security and presumably Geordies! You might of got ur head kicked in if you had of gone Marzy! Lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I knew this thread would get some attention from you Brits.. Let's win some money gents!!!

marzwoody

Apparently the Geordie shore culture is real in Newcastle clubs V. my indian friend was telling me Geordie shore must be fake because a "stud" like him can't get any pussy from the clubs

The guyz in his 30's, smokes and overweight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That was on the girly event thread that you mentioned Walhead.. Looked over all the female fighters and was like - there is no Walhead!!!!.... I didn't put 2 and 2 together.. Got it now thks!!!!

I didn't event know this New Castle event was going down until earlier today.. All good!!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-01-14 at 06:25 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Is that right? Should have gone then Marz... Gotta stay on top of these tings!!!!...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

That was on the girly event thread that you mentioned Walhead.. Looked over all the female fighters and was like - there is no Walhead!!!!.... I didn't put 2 and 2 together.. Got it now thks!!!!

I didn't event know this New Castle event was going down until earlier today.. All good!!!!
    Its "Newcastle" Jibbehhhhh!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I knew this thread would get some attention from you Brits.. Let's win some money gents!!!
    The event is over jibb!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Apparently the Geordie shore culture is real in Newcastle clubs V. my indian friend was telling me Geordie shore must be fake because a "stud" like him can't get any pussy from the clubs

The guyz in his 30's, smokes and overweight.
    Haha

To be fair, if you want to set his mind at ease!... the only reason they do pull every time they go out to a club on the show is because they have a camera crew with them! Before the show was a big hit and before they were famous, girls would get with them jus because they saw the cameras so assumed that they must be famous footballers or something, then after the show became a big hit girls only got with them so they could get on tv and be able to say "I got with Gary from Geordie Shore"! More importantly, Ive never seen them get with an attractive girl as well..they are all very dumb hoers.

This theory was proven when i met them all in cancun during spring break a few years ago. Obviously the Americans had no idea who they were at all, and the lads from the show were just stood there like muppets tryin to figure out why girls werent throwing themselves at them! Then after a while the camera crew arrived and they started filming and asking girls to come in to the VIP section of the club...only then did girls start talkin to the lads, and of course they act like they are irresistsble alphas stealing the hot american college girls from the jocks!

marzwoody

Haha

To be fair, if you want to set his mind at ease!... the only reason they do pull every time they go out to a club on the show is because they have a camera crew with them! Before the show was a big hit and before they were famous, girls would get with them jus because they saw the cameras so assumed that they must be famous footballers or something, then after the show became a big hit girls only got with them so they could get on tv and be able to say "I got with Gary from Geordie Shore"! More importantly, Ive never seen them get with an attractive girl as well..they are all very dumb hoers.

This theory was proven when i met them all in cancun during spring break a few years ago. Obviously the Americans had no idea who they were at all, and the lads from the show were just stood there like muppets tryin to figure out why girls werent throwing themselves at them! Then after a while the camera crew arrived and they started filming and asking girls to come in to the VIP section of the club...only then did girls start talkin to the lads, and of course they act like they are irresistsble alphas stealing the hot american college girls from the jocks!
    Haha thats funny. i was agreeing with him. its also pretty obvious the type of people who go to clubs on the regular are vapid oysters / douche bags. (for the most part) they could easily do a "London Shore" or anywhere else. actually i wish they would to take the stereotype away from Newcastle.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 11-01-14 at 06:52 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Well, they have. london version is Made in Chelsea which is the most popular "reality" show in UK...but tht is about rich upper class of london so rather different in style! They did "The Valleys" as well for a couple series set in South Wales....they made Geordie Shore seem quite tame and normal in comparison.

but in terms of copying Jersey Shore which was the blueprint, its quite ironic because they originally planned to do it in Liverpool and call it "Mersey Shore"! Obviously with Mersey rhyming with Jersey it was deemed to be "clever" and most marketable option! They did a pilot episode and the scenes were deemed to be so abhorrent...i.e. Woman throwing up in street, woman pissing in street, women and men fighting in kebab house, etc... that the whole thing was scrapped! Liverpool was also going for / had just been made "Capital of Culture" as well so was a lot of resistance to the concept from the people of liverpool and the. Mayor etc...

Anyway, somehow the concept was brought up again a few months later and suggested Newcastle which seemed more obliging and rest is history! Irony is though tht it has probably been worse in terms of shocking behaviour than what was filmed for the original pilot episode in Liverpool!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 11-01-14 at 07:02 PM.

marzwoody

Well, they have. london version is Made in Chelsea which is the most popular "reality" show in UK...but tht is about rich upper class of london so rather different in style! They did "The Valleys" as well for a couple series set in South Wales....they made Geordie Shore seem quite tame and normal in comparison.

but in terms of copying Jersey Shore which was the blueprint, its quite ironic because they originally planned to do it in Liverpool and call it "Mersey Shore"! Obviously with Mersey rhyming with Jersey it was deemed to be "clever" and most marketable option!
    Yeah i have maybe seen about two episodes of Geordie Shore. there is something about clubs and that club culture which annoys me.
    I maybe too old for clubs, but all i see is retarded dancing and shitty loud music. can't even have a conversation wihout screaming in someones ear

My friend was right though these type of shows make it seem like its normal to take home chicks from a club nope. doesen't happen. one of my mates did start snogging a hot asian bird back in London, but that's as far as it goes. unless your buying 10 grand bottles or have a camera crew behind you!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Big Brown isnt a fan of nightclubs neither!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Vince V?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Haha

i wish i was robert downey jnr

marzwoody

Someone find that Geordie shore cancun episode. first to spot V gets a prize

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Didn't play a fight on this card as I was late to the show just like V said.. Also it was Saturday night on the West Coast out here in the USA and I was out on the town..

From the looks of it though it appears some of you clowns won some chips. Congrats if ya did..

All good, next weekend is the money ball gents!!!
    Until then piss off all ya bloody English wankers!!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Haha