THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC Fight Night: Munoz vs. Mousasi (May 31, 2014)

UFC Fight Pass, 3 p.m. ET
    Mark Munoz vs. Gegard Mousasi
    Francis Carmont vs. C.B. Dollaway
    Luke Barnatt vs. Sean Strickland
    Tom Niinimaki vs. Thiago Tavares

UFC Fight Pass, 12 p.m. ET
    Iuri Alcantara vs. Vaughan Lee
    Drew Dober vs. Nick Hein
    Magnus Cedenblad vs. Krzysztof Jotko
    Maximo Blanco vs. Andy Ogle
    Pawel Pawlak vs. Peter Sobotta
    Ruslan Magomedov vs. Viktor Pesta

THE_LOCKSMITH

this is the first of two UFC events being held on May 31, the other will be the TUF Brazil finale

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

jeeezus Peter Sobotta! Is there really such a lack of German talent out there that they have to bring guys like Sobotta back! Panza Krauss and Carlos Rocha will surely be on this card

THE_LOCKSMITH

just bet all dogs

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

The only thing stopping me from capping Mousasi at -1400 is the recent run of crazy dogs.

Munouz is always a fade against elite, and has been consistently overhyped by the UFC in the past due to a weak MW division

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

What a weak card

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

is the Stipe vs Middleweight card the same day?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    just bet all dogs
    I agree.. I'll play all the dogs equally on this card for small money and see how the night turns out.. I can see half the dogs winning in all those fights as well...

Germany, damn.. You just know this card is gonna start at a crazy time..

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    is the Stipe vs Middleweight card the same day?
    Yessir. Both cards combined would still b sht. Total can fest spanning the globe. Got a lot of tape to watch. Hit the mousasi opener. Maldonado sux but I can't get the Struve miocic fight out of my mind

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

take over 2.5, it will be a grappling match all night.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    Yessir. Both cards combined would still b sht. Total can fest spanning the globe. Got a lot of tape to watch. Hit the mousasi opener. Maldonado sux but I can't get the Struve miocic fight out of my mind
    Stipe should really be able to take maldanado down easily.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Stipe should really be able to take maldanado down easily.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

I believe that Maldanado has better cardio and he's borderline unfinishable. This could go 5 rounds and he could win the latter rounds not to mention could KO Stipe. I love Stipe but I don't see value here.

mmaCAPPER
    mmaCAPPER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

value on cb dollaway and vaugh lee. all in on mousasi

mmaCAPPER

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    I believe that Maldanado has better cardio and he's borderline unfinishable. This could go 5 rounds and he could win the latter rounds not to mention could KO Stipe. I love Stipe but I don't see value here.
    lol at him ko'ing moicic. This will very likely go 4.5 unless moicic put on the pace and TKO the somewhat granite chin of maldalando, his chin has to be fading due to all that punishment.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

actually some decent young fighters on the 31st. and some moneymakin opportunities. the more the merrier. and maldonado can definitely finish stipe. would not surprise me if either got finished

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Munoz will probably get picked apart standing and dropped at some point if the fight remains standing... However, if he can press, close the distance and use his wrestling he could easily control Mousasi on the ground and in top position..

Mark Munoz does train with some of the best and has been in this sport for a long time now.. I give Mark Munoz a chance in this bout if he can fight in the clinch and use his wrestling skills.. Standing Munoz has no chance even though he does have power in his looping punches.. Mousasi is far to good standing to get caught with one of those haymakers..

Odds on this fight are probably spot on though.. Mousasi is not easily taken down.. Munoz is very close to being a journeyman in this sport as well.. A stepping stone for other fighters.. Big fight for Mark Munoz one would think regardless..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-25-14 at 08:53 PM.

mmaCAPPER

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Munoz will probably get picked apart standing and dropped at some point if the fight remains standing... However, if he can press, close the distance and use his wrestling he could easily control Mousasi on the ground and in top position..

Mark Munoz does train with some of the best and has been in this sport for a long time now.. I give Mark Munoz a chance in this bout if he can fight in the clinch and use his wrestling skills.. Standing Munoz has no chance even though he does have power in his looping punches.. Mousasi is far to good standing to get caught with one of those haymakers..

Odds on this fight are probably spot on though.. Mousasi is not easily taken down.. Munoz is very close to being a journeyman in this sport as well.. A stepping stone for other fighters.. Big fight for Mark Munoz one would think regardless..
    its not just that, im pretty sure mousasi can hold his own from the bottom very underrated and no way munoz holds him down all day like king mo did.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mmaCAPPER View Post
    its not just that, im pretty sure mousasi can hold his own from the bottom very underrated and no way munoz holds him down all day like king mo did.
    I'm sure it is more then just this.. Depends which fighters have been training for what in the last 6 weeks in preparation.. I don't know what the game plans are for both fighters and I haven't been spending time reading or hanging in their training camps..

I'd venture to guess though, they both concentrated on this - Mousasi - take down defense and striking.. Munoz - trip take downs, pressure and clinching, and more trip take downs.. Doubles and timing off opponents forward aggression... Top control and ground and pound..

This makes for a good fight if Munoz can impose his will and strengths first..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-25-14 at 09:47 PM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I'm sure it is more then just this.. Depends which fighters have been training for what in the last 6 weeks in preparation.. I don't know what the game plans are for both fighters and I haven't been spending time reading or hanging in their training camps..

I'd venture to guess though, they both concentrated on this - Mousasi - take down defense and striking.. Munoz - trip take downs, pressure and clinching, and more trip take downs.. Doubles and timing off opponents forward aggression... Top control and ground and pound..

This makes for a good fight if Munoz can impose his will and strengths first..
    You think that the guy with no striking who only wrestles is going to focus on taking down the unbelievable striker with suspect takedown defence?

I would venture that you are correct good sir.

Dunno if I agree with the guy saying that Munoz can't hold Mousasi down; I think he certainly can, fight only gets worse for Mousasi as it goes on, though his chances are already incredibly high to begin with.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    You think that the guy with no striking who only wrestles is going to focus on taking down the unbelievable striker with suspect takedown defence?

I would venture that you are correct good sir.

Dunno if I agree with the guy saying that Munoz can't hold Mousasi down; I think he certainly can, fight only gets worse for Mousasi as it goes on, though his chances are already incredibly high to begin with.
    I won't disagree with you MD on this lol..

I do think fighters should continue to improve and practice mostly on their main strengths.. This gives them a clear advantage in that one area and a solid chance to win in a big fight like this... Some fighters don't, KOS for example got away from his wrestling.. Out of the sport today..

This is a MAIN EVENT fight so I'm sure both fighters are very prepared.. Munoz will bring his best..

I give Munoz a slim chance regardless just because of his wrestling and cardio.. Mousasi has had some trouble with high caliber wrestlers in the past..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-25-14 at 10:07 PM.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

I agree Calcu ....not to mention Stipe is borderline retard too. Maldonado may be a neanderthal but i think he has impressed most of us lately...at least a tiny bit.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Will be playing CB for sure.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I won't disagree with you MD on this lol..

I do think fighters should continue to improve and practice mostly on their main strengths.. This gives them a clear advantage in that one area and a solid chance to win in a big fight like this... Some fighters don't, KOS for example got away from his wrestling.. Out of the sport today..

This is a MAIN EVENT fight so I'm sure both fighters are very prepared.. Munoz will bring his best..

I give Munoz a slim chance regardless just because of his wrestling and cardio.. Mousasi has had some trouble with high caliber wrestlers in the past..
    Yee like keith the dean of mean jardine!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Will be playing CB for sure.
    Tough call... Francis Carmont is gonna be a very hard out in this fight.. He was on an impressive win streak before his last decision loss to Renaldo Souza.. Sure Francis will be looking to get back to his winning ways in this rebound fight..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Francis-Carmont-9798

Not so sure CB has the physical tools or speed to beat a guy like Francis Carmont but we will see?.. I'm kinda leaning towards Carmont as I just don't trust CB's chin.. Munoz and Hamman dropped CB like a bad habit not to long ago....http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/CB-Dollaway-22350

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Stipe might just sub him and avoid the later rounds completely

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I love the value on Andy Ogle here. Dude is actually a scrappy fighter, I will take him over the low fight IQ of Blanco.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Stipe might just sub him and avoid the later rounds completely
    Stipe is impressive but he's still a bit young in this sport and he's fighting in Brazil against a guy that has many more fights under his belt.. Fabio will be fighting in his own backyard is all I'm really trying to say I guess..

Stripe has fought the much stiffer competition though and should win this fight regardless.

Curious as to why his fight is the main discussion in this thread?

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-Th...3-Finale-35955

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Stipe will kill this bum and stop him in the second or third. This fight is not even close.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by mmaCAPPER View Post
    value on cb dollaway and vaugh lee. all in on mousasi
    Dollaway for sure but what do you see in Vaghan Lee? Or do you see Alcantara starting to incrementally decline.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I will choke out Alcantara in round 2. Heard it here first

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Alcantara has been hit or miss with his performances. He either comes in looking like a top 3 fighter or a top 15 guy. Depends on how shows up -- I think the location favors Vaughan Lee. Very good value on Lee IMO.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Alcantara has been hit or miss with his performances. He either comes in looking like a top 3 fighter or a top 15 guy. Depends on how shows up -- I think the location favors Vaughan Lee. Very good value on Lee IMO.
    When has Alcantara looked top 3? I've never even ranked him top 10. He's one of those guys who has skills in most every area but doesn't mix them together very well, and suffers as a result of it at 135, where most top-tier guys could exploit his game, IMO.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    When has Alcantara looked top 3? I've never even ranked him top 10. He's one of those guys who has skills in most every area but doesn't mix them together very well, and suffers as a result of it at 135, where most top-tier guys could exploit his game, IMO.
    The question is whether or not Vaughan Lee is near top-tier.

1234 ... Last