Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

The UFC is so concerned with PR that they pull this guy the day of his fight? The UFC brass has become a bunch of hypersensitive women. They could have just let this fight happen and then cut him afterwards. All their attempts to make the sport more mainstream just drive the hardcore fans away from spending money on their overpriced product.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    If you think that how Shogun won his last fight, and why that's relevant here, has much of anything to do with variance, you need to re-evaluate how you view MMA.

He lost his whole bankroll on one card a few months back, that ship has sailed.
    Didn't you lose 10k on mousasi? maybe your not one to speak

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    10k might be 5% of his bankroll for all we know tho

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Actually I have a wonderful life. Not much goes wrong in it. So missing out on a big unit play for what I consider an invalid reason made me momentarily angry. The anger left me as soon as I expressed it and pushed the ENTER key. It is not healthy to repress one's emotion's especially negative emotions. Repression can lead one to be a "paraplegic of the soul" which can manifest itself into a very concrete way. So you might want to pay attention to what I just said. All your little passive aggressive snipes at the posters on SBR are very telling. You need to let your anger go. Only then will you be able to heal.
    Master Yoda quote?!

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    10k might be 5% of his bankroll for all we know tho
    I doubt anyone who's a reg poster on here makes that kind of money to be honest.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Pretty sure you're thinking of Josh Thomson. And you're not very good at this "logic" thing, are you?

marzwoody

Pretty sure you're thinking of Josh Thomson. And you're not very good at this "logic" thing, are you?
    Pretty sure it was a bet only a retarded person high off paint and mushrooms would make. and i remember you saying the amount of money you lost made you feel "physically sick". so i doubt if you lost only 5% of your bankroll, like V theorizes then it wouldn't make you physically sick. so yeah like i said before maybe you shouldn't be a hypocrite and criticize other people for losing money. i don't think negative nunya needs you to hold his hand and make comebacks for him.

Gamblor700
    Gamblor700's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

lets keep this thread on UFC bets and not some 5th grade insult game.

Shogun
    Markes
    Parke
    Lehat
    Barroso

and then parlay
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Haha Negative Nunya! I like that moniker!

MD

Pretty sure it was a bet only a retarded person high off paint and mushrooms would make. and i remember you saying the amount of money you lost made you feel "physically sick". so i doubt if you lost only 5% of your bankroll, like V theorizes then it wouldn't make you physically sick. so yeah like i said before maybe you shouldn't be a hypocrite and criticize other people for losing money. i don't think negative nunya needs you to hold his hand and make comebacks for him.
    Find me a single reputable person on this forum who thinks that Bendo was the right side over Thomson. I'll wait.

Also, I wasn't criticizing Ron_Paul for losing money. You're clearly missing the point.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    The UFC is so concerned with PR that they pull this guy the day of his fight? The UFC brass has become a bunch of hypersensitive women. They could have just let this fight happen and then cut him afterwards. All their attempts to make the sport more mainstream just drive the hardcore fans away from spending money on their overpriced product.
    It is a total head scratcher. Combat sports have historically been an avenue for upward mobility for the underprivileged. Boxing has always had young men with criminal records who are trying to make something of their lives. This PR policy seems to be a covert way of keeping young men from poor backgrounds out of the UFC. It is absolutely disgusting! And extremely hypocritical! Dana White is very public in his support of Floyd Mayweather. Dana claims he is a huge fan & in fact went to see his match vs Canelo. Mayweather has a history of abusing women. I can't believe I'm saying this but I have to agree with Sider. Down with the UFC!

marzwoody

Find me a single reputable person on this forum who thinks that Bendo was the right side over Thomson. I'll wait.

Also, I wasn't criticizing Ron_Paul for losing money. You're clearly missing the point.
    Um me. um anyone that was paying attention. Lets just move on like Gamblor700 said this is going nowhere.

Ron_Paul_2012

Are you f-cking retarded?
    I know that you suffer from insomnia. I know you suffer from insomnia because of your pain killer addiction. I know that you use your sciatica as an excuse for your addiction. You need to have a moment of self reflection MD. Only then will you be able to heal.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

It is a total head scratcher. Combat sports have historically been an avenue for upward mobility for the underprivileged. Boxing has always had young men with criminal records who are trying to make something of their lives. This PR policy seems to be a covert way of keeping young men from poor backgrounds out of the UFC. It is absolutely disgusting! And extremely hypocritical! Dana White is very public in his support of Floyd Mayweather. Dana claims he is a huge fan & in fact went to see his match vs Canelo. Mayweather has a history of abusing women. I can't believe I'm saying this but I have to agree with Sider. Down with the UFC!
    perhaps a better example would be to jus say Rumble Johnson! Guy gave his ex a beatdown then ate her

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I doubt anyone who's a reg poster on here makes that kind of money to be honest.
    Lol poorzies.

Thinks 200k is retirement money or something.

Gamblor700
    Gamblor700's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Anyway, I think Hendo's aging won't be a factor, but the years of beatings he took will finally catch up to him at his current age. Plus the severe head trauma he prolly received from Vitor. TRT no doubt is helping Hendo stay in the game.
    The x factor is Shogun and his laziness + shit knees. The guy has been known to have easy camps and relies on pure striking power to beat guys. I can't see Hendo pulling a Chael as Hendo's game is pretty limited.
    Also got to factor in that Shogun trains with bums, regular joes like us.

MD

Um me. um anyone that was paying attention. Lets just move on like Gamblor700 said this is going nowhere.

I know that you suffer from insomnia. I know you suffer from insomnia because of your pain killer addiction. I know that you use your sciatica as an excuse for your addiction. You need to have a moment of self reflection MD. Only then will you be able to heal.
    I spend too much time self-reflecting, I'd rather just play Dark Souls 2.

Ron_Paul_2012

For some that is a form of meditation. Much more exciting as well!

Ron_Paul_2012

To be honest I would probably be an absolute crazed sadist if I had a degenerative disease that stuck me out of the blue. I have never handled stress well & have engineered my life to have virtually zero stress. If passive aggressive behavior on a message board is the worst that "Negative Nunya" is doing than he has incredible character.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

To be honest I would probably be an absolute crazed sadist if I had a degenerative disease that stuck me out of the blue. If passive aggressive behavior is the worst that "Negative Nunya" is doing than he has incredible character. I have never handled stress well & have engineered my life to have virtually zero stress.

Sounds miserable. Stress is wonderful for you. Your body responds to stress and gets stronger. I'm super competitive at everything I do. Must win always. Must do better today than yesterday.

The day after I was diagnosed I went skydiving. Doctor tells me I'm not even supposed to jog.

Enjoy your stress-free life, turning into a pile of jelly.

marzwoody

Ha Dark Souls 2 is awesome.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor700 View Post
    Anyway, I think Hendo's aging won't be a factor, but the years of beatings he took will finally catch up to him at his current age. Plus the severe head trauma he prolly received from Vitor. TRT no doubt is helping Hendo stay in the game.
    The x factor is Shogun and his laziness + shit knees. The guy has been known to have easy camps and relies on pure striking power to beat guys. I can't see Hendo pulling a Chael as Hendo's game is pretty limited.
    Also got to factor in that Shogun trains with bums, regular joes like us.
    Speak for yourself brah...im a brownbelt in Gabejitzu

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Sounds miserable. Stress is wonderful for you. Your body responds to stress and gets stronger. I'm super competitive at everything I do. Must win always. Must do better today than yesterday.

The day after I was diagnosed I went skydiving. Doctor tells me I'm not even supposed to jog.

Stress is terrible for you. thousands of years ago humans would get stressed when they were being hunted / chased by wild animals. so while your getting stressed in the office with paperwork or some thing you have to deal with, your body is telling you, your getting chased by a wild cheetah. and you think that's healthy for you?

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

My updated bets:

2.4 units on Parke by decision at -120 to win 2 units
    .5 units on Parke points handicap -3.5 at +200 to win 1 unit
    1 unit on Henderson by decision at +605 to win 6.05 units
    .5 units on Maldonado wins in R3 at +2100 to win 10.5 units
    .5 units on Jason wins by submission at +550 to win 2.75 units
    3 units on Rua + Maldonado/Villante starts R2 to win 2.16 units
    3 units on Maldonado/Villante starts R2 + Brandao ITD to win .73 units
    4 units on Maldonado/Villante GTD + Not Santos by KO/TKO to win 2.76 units
    2 units on Taisumov + Rua to win 1.63 units
    2 units on Taisumov + Maldonado/Villante starts R2 + Not Parke by submission to win 1.34 units

Ron_Paul_2012

Stress is terrible for you. thousands of years ago humans would get stressed when they were being hunted / chased by wild animals. so while your getting stressed in the office with paperwork or some thing you have to deal with, your body is telling you, your getting chased by a wild cheetah. and you think that's healthy for you?
    Put yourself in his shoes. He has the right type of attitude for the situation he is in right now. I would convince myself to think the exact same way. It's his "sense of life" to choose. When it comes to "sense of life". It's like arguing over what color is more beautiful. There is not just one correct answer.

Ron_Paul_2012

I am very competitive as well. My favorite game to play is to strive to have inner peace/emotional homeostasis. When this state is achieved then life is much more enjoyable. Not only for me but those around me as well. Inner peace is essential to having an enjoyable life. The game of achieving inner peace is the most challenging & most fulfilling game that will ever be.

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor700 View Post
    lets keep this thread on UFC bets and not some 5th grade insult game.

Shogun
    Markes
    Parke
    Lehat
    Barroso

and then parlay
    I just couldn't pick barroso...I hated watching him the last time he fought...never again, low fight IQ

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eustress

marzwoody

Put yourself in his shoes. He has the right type of attitude for the situation he is in right now. I would convince myself to think the exact same way. It's his "sense of life" to choose. When it comes to "sense of life". It's like arguing over what color is more beautiful. There is not just one correct answer.
    I'm just merely reiterating what i have heard / read scientifically. i don't want to put myself in a stranger over the internet's shoe. i will continue to think the way i think and he will continue to do the same.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 03-23-14 at 03:45 PM.

marzwoody

Whatever works for you. although i don't consider most of those things listed as "stress" more like excitement, adrenaline or anticipation. stress is a negative word in my eyes no matter how you try and spin it. I don't want to have any form of stress in my life and try my best to minimize it.

Ron_Paul_2012

I'm just merely reiterating what i have heard / read. i don't want to put myself in a stranger over the internet's shoe. i will continue to think the way i think and he will continue to do the same.
    Obviously I agree with you that the less stress in one's life the better. Would never imagine purposefully engineering my life to have as much stress as possible. But to each their own.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Whatever works for you. although i don't consider most of those things listed as "stress" more like excitement, adrenaline or anticipation. stress is a negative word in my eyes no matter how you try and spin it.
    Ahh, so you get to redefine words the way you choose. All psychologists be damned, some buttertooth said stress is bad!

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    perhaps a better example would be to jus say Rumble Johnson! Guy gave his ex a beatdown then ate her
    Lets not forget Davis piledriving the missus through the living room table.

marzwoody

Obviously I agree with you that the less stress in one's life the better. Would never imagine purposefully engineering my life to have as much stress as possible. But to each their own.
    Exactly man, everyone is different with different circumstances, life experiences and thought processes. anyway back to the MMA!

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Whoa not a good start with lahat. He was doing pretty well too.

First 1234567 ... Last