mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale: Diaz vs Maynard

All the odds out so far.

I'm on Blanco, people say Corassani is improving, but he lost clearly to Ogle, and looked good against a part time fighter afterwards. Blanco hasn't impressed since joining the UFC, but seemed to get his shit together last fight, and is just generally all around more skilled in most areas.

Diaz might be the play to make as a +135 dog, Maynard has been gassing and looking ooold lately. Also hasn't been wrastlin' like he should. Diaz complaining about the weight cut and such, though when is Diaz not complaining?

Tiny play on the Yahya/nimimimiminiaki under at +175

Anyone have a good read on any of the Ultimate Fighter contestants? Havent been following it.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post

All the odds out so far.

I'm on Blanco, people say Corassani is improving, but he lost clearly to Ogle, and looked good against a part time fighter afterwards. Blanco hasn't impressed since joining the UFC, but seemed to get his shit together last fight, and is just generally all around more skilled in most areas.

Diaz might be the play to make as a +135 dog, Maynard has been gassing and looking ooold lately. Also hasn't been wrastlin' like he should. Diaz complaining about the weight cut and such, though when is Diaz not complaining?

Tiny play on the Yahya/nimimimiminiaki under at +175

Anyone have a good read on any of the Ultimate Fighter contestants? Havent been following it.
    Completely disagree here. The only reason people gave Ogle the win is because he got a knockdown in R1. Corassani hurt Ogle multiple times throughout that round, outstruck him pretty handily, and got the better of the grappling exchanges. I disagree on your assessment of the fight, too. I can't take either at current odds, but we pretty much couldn't be more opposed in how we view the fight.

If Diaz goes any higher, I may play him. Line is about right currently.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yahya to me, seems like a steal. Niinimäki is pretty solid, but I think the premise is that he'd have to outgrapple Yahya and that's ....well. Yeah.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Yahya to me, seems like a steal. Niinimäki is pretty solid, but I think the premise is that he'd have to outgrapple Yahya and that's ....well. Yeah.
    Remember Yahya is small for 145. Niinimaki is big & strong for 145. He is well rounded. Yahya will not be able to take Niinimaki down & hold him down easily. Niinimaki is better on the feet & has better stamina than Yahya. Personally I am staying away from this fight or perhaps will play Yahya via sub or Niinimaki via dec. However, If you think it is a steal than go ahead & maxi bet.

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Completely disagree here. The only reason people gave Ogle the win is because he got a knockdown in R1. Corassani hurt Ogle multiple times throughout that round, outstruck him pretty handily, and got the better of the grappling exchanges. I disagree on your assessment of the fight, too. I can't take either at current odds, but we pretty much couldn't be more opposed in how we view the fight.

If Diaz goes any higher, I may play him. Line is about right currently.
    He dropped him in round one, round 2 was close, Ogle destroying him with elbows in round 3. Corassani looked surprised and apologetic when the decision is announced. I clearly remember having money on Corassani and thinking that was gone.
    Would like to hear your thoughts on the fight though, Blanco is way more durable and slicker on the feet imo, i havent been watching tape though, gotta do that today before i bet. Would like to get him at -160 or better though if possible

MD

He dropped him in round one, round 2 was close, Ogle destroying him with elbows in round 3. Corassani looked surprised and apologetic when the decision is announced. I clearly remember having money on Corassani and thinking that was gone.
    Would like to hear your thoughts on the fight though, Blanco is way more durable and slicker on the feet imo, i havent been watching tape though, gotta do that today before i bet. Would like to get him at -160 or better though if possible
    Round two wasn't close at all, in my opinion. I thought Corassani won it clearly.

I think that Corassani is the better striker, but that it's somewhat negated by Blanco's speed and athleticism. Corassani throws a surprising array of strikes, he has good TDD, and he's improving very quickly. If you have 30 minutes or so, you should watch the Ogle fight, then the Peralta fight. The difference is huge, and Peralta is a lot better than Ogle. His technique is much improved, especially when it comes to mixing in his leg kicks. He credits it to Mark Henry after the fight.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Is the Bully still Bullying people? TJ Grant smashed him last time but Nate recently got smashed by Thompson as well. This is a close one but I think Maynard barely pulls it off via decision.

mirinquads

I will. Though Akiras chin and striking defense is lacking, and Blanco has power. Do need to watch tape though, just not much time lately.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Bump

mirinquads

^Who are you on Clover.

Akira certainly is improved a lot, a lot better timing and more fluid stirking, also better footwork. Blanco however is quick and more athletic and has more dynamic striking game, if unorthodox. Cuts nice angles and isnt afraid to push forward and throw combinations even against heavy punchers, which Akira is not. His headmovement and faints is also impressive and a central part of his striking offense. His chin is ironclad, while Akiras is papier-maché clad. Akira has no headmovement, and its gonna cost him, like it almost did against Peralta a couple of times.

Blanco isn't gonna stand flatfooted in front of him, getting hit with one-two's all night. Still like the bet.
    Last edited by mirinquads; 11-27-13 at 09:46 AM.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Lean yahya, but haven't started watching film. Hoping there's a torrent out. And there is... Saves me some legwork.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Pretty hard to cap the Diaz/Maynard fight. Diaz arguably won the 2 other meetings. Maynard usually fights close fights even when he is/should be winning easy, he never puts guys away. I hate going against wrestlers with a clear advantage, who know they need to wrestle. But then again I respect Nate's MMA guard just about as much as anyones. Always tough to cap fights where one guy is better with his hands and subs, and his opponent is the stronger, wrestle minded fighter.

MD

^ I 'capped Maynard at -140 here, and I think that's conservative. I'm hoping late money comes in on Diaz.

mirinquads

Maynard said he's been working mostly on takedowns in an interview recently, should be bad for Diaz.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Tht Thompson KO has made Diaz even more retarded than he already was

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Well I hope Diaz prepared for a BJJ match then. Maynard is sort of "slow", BJJ is becoming lost today, but this is a fight it certainly has to be taken more serious. I guess Maynard is desperate and could completely lay on him without even trying to do damage. I'm a fan of the 209. But I have no clue what that camp is doing right now. Seems pretty much split now. Melendez and SHields are doing fine, but both Diaz bros are not handling it well. Lil Ceaz and Nick seemed to have had a falling out. Not sure where to pin Nate's focus out of that group.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Tht Thompson KO has made Diaz even more retarded than he already was
    It did my man. He such a south park character.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

I'm not sure vegas could put a number high enough to not make me want to bet Julianna Pena over that clown radkoscy

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    I'm not sure vegas could put a number high enough to not make me want to bet Julianna Pena over that clown radkoscy
    I didn't think that Rakozcy had a chance against Raquel Pennington either but she handled her.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    I didn't think that Rakozcy had a chance against Raquel Pennington either but she handled her.
    Why not? Rakoczy is one of the best strikers in WMMA and she was fighting a straightforward brawler who hardly ever attempts TD's and isn't aggressive with them when she does.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Pena is the best out of them by far and working the hardest so deserves it. Hot as fuk too. I think Pena and Davey, my brother was saying the other guy is with alfa male now which makes me think he has a great shot but the last one Davey faught hes big and strong, like a weight class above these guys.

Blanco is a wild swining donkey. I kinda like Cros here but there styles could suit Blanco unsure as of now leaning for Akria, he done good against Johnson last time out. Diaz/Maynard im I dunno, I think Maynard is done at the top and Diaz has more to give but just dunno.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Nathaniel Diaz by KO.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Maynard said he's been working mostly on takedowns in an interview recently, should be bad for Diaz.
    As he should. It's a fukken blueprint if followed correctly.

Problem is... I could also see Maynard pull a Cerrone and stand directly in front of Diaz like a bobble head punching bag.
    Points Awarded:

El Nino gave BIGDAY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    As he should. It's a fukken blueprint if followed correctly.

Problem is... I could also see Maynard pull a Cerrone and stand directly in front of Diaz like a bobble head punching bag.
    You mean like he's done in every fight he's had in the past few years?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

wasnt Florian the last fight Maynard fought smart about 15 years ago?! Loved how he just stole each round with a takedown!

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    wasnt Florian the last fight Maynard fought smart about 15 years ago?! Loved how he just stole each round with a takedown!
    That's exactly what I thought, too.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Lean: Gray, Holdsworth, Pena and Pennington!

Not sure about the other almost at even odds matchups.
    Last edited by Sato; 11-29-13 at 11:06 AM.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Who you cabrons have to win between Sampo n Benoit?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    You mean like he's done in every fight he's had in the past few years?

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Who you cabrons have to win between Sampo n Benoit?
    Sampo via Dec or Benoit via TKO. Benoit will be dangerous for the first 7 minutes. Personally I am staying away from this match. There are far easier match ups on this card to play.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Sampo via Dec or Benoit via TKO. Benoit will be dangerous for the first 7 minutes. Personally I am staying away from this match. There are far easier match ups on this card to play.
    Who do you play?

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Locked in Duke @ -210. I think Rakoczy is a live dog. Thoughts?

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

How about Spencer vs Dober? Anyone else like Spencer?

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

My first time wagering on the UFC.

TUF 18 Finale Wagers: Risk $989.99

Nathan Diaz +125 Bet $100 to win $125
    Juliana Pena -250 Bet $100 to win $40
    David Grant +190 Bet $100 to win $190
    Jessamyn Duke -210 Bet $100 to win $47.62
    Raquel Pennington -290 Bet $100 to win $34.48

Maximo Blanco -175 Bet $50 to win $28.57
    Tom Niinimaki +100 Bet $50 to win $50
    Walter Harris +185 Bet $50 to win $92.50
    Sean Spencer -170 Bet $50 to win $29.41

Ryan Benoit +110 Bet $50 to win $55 (Sampo missed weight, that usually means a loss)

FOTN Diaz vs Maynard +225 Bet $50 to win $112.50

Diaz vs Maynard Over 2 1/2 Rounds -210 Bet $50 to win $23.81

Rosholt vs Harris Over 1 1/2 Rounds +120 Bet $50 to win $60

Holdsworth vs Grant Over 1 1/2 Rounds -140 Bet $39.99 to win $28.56

Parlay on the three main card female fight winners: Pennington, Duke & Pena Bet $50 to win $84.27

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Try betting like this every event

1234 ... Last