hus7ler
    hus7ler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

hus7ler's UFC 167 picks

Whats crackalackin my niggas.
    I'm not here tryna say im the billy walters of ufc handicapping but I did train extensively in MMA but due to tearing my LCL, the rest is history. BooHoo life goes on.

I do not look at fights with a mathematical standpoint. Don't get me wrong, I am good at math and I believe it is a great tool for handicapping sports. However, in MMA where it is a 1 on 1 sport, math isn't as valuable as emotions. The slightest emotions really can give you that extra boost in the end to keep going/finish the fight.

How I handicap MMA is, basically fight history - win/loss (how they win or lose is just as important as winning or losing), fight styles, height and reach, and finally weigh ins.

My first pick for ufc 167 is... Phil "billy" Harris. +315
    Billy at age 30 is truly at his prime. Now battle of their primes would be diff story. I digress...
    Billy 5'4 n 64 in reach
    Lineker 5'2 n 67 reach
    If you calculate height and reach, their ability to get to each other is identical unless one is a outside or counter fighter like lyoto or silva, at which point reach has more value than height (kicks which wont play a big role in this match up should be calculated thru height)
    We know that lineker has hands but if you saw the weigh ins, he came out as 138. If you know anything, you know that those last minute cuts kills your cardio and that mmmph you need to get those takedowns or w/e. The longer the fight lasts, billy's chances go up. So if your a live bettor keep a lookout at the lines.

2nd pick is... John Tuck +135
    Since I pretty much explained how I handicap mma, ill put the essentials.
    John has reach advantage.
    John is undefeated( you know how ufc loves preserving records and champions), so if it comes to a close decision you can put money that john is gonna the split.
    John Tuck is gonna come out banging, you best believe.

3rd pick is the main event. Mark Munoz +315
    Okay you Lyoto fanboys talk your shit and then just gtfo.
    I like the dragon just as much as the next person but Mark has advantages in a couple areas.
    First, Munoz has more muscle mass and it isn't his first weight cut to 185. If you saw the ufc167 weigh ins, lyoto looked like he had to lose muscle mass to get to 185. (Insert the whole shogun should drop weight argument). People take weight cuts differently and Lyoto decided to go with the overall mass drop instead of the water weight cut. (different advantages)
    Although lyoto definitely has an advantage in stand up, due to his fancy footwork and HnR(height n reach), if and when munoz takes Lyoto down and does his donkey kong ground and pound, its bye bye for lyoto.
    Yes lyoto has a decent takedown defense vs bjj fighters. But his takedown defense vs wrestlers is just bad. And you can bet money that munoz isn't gonna try to tap out lyoto unless he somehow lets himself into a bad position on the ground.

Bonus! I'm not a big fan of picking favorites for obvious reasons but if you really want another bet take Melvin Guillard(-135) over Ross Pearson.

These are my 2 cents. I am not a professional or even an amateur sports bettor, so take all my information with a grain of salt.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by hus7ler View Post
    I'm not a big fan of picking favorites for obvious reasons
    what are the reasons?

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

I'm not here tryna say im the billy walters of ufc handicapping but I did train extensively in MMA but due to tearing my LCL, the rest is history. BooHoo life goes on.

I do not look at fights with a mathematical standpoint. Don't get me wrong, I am good at math and I believe it is a great tool for handicapping sports. However, in MMA where it is a 1 on 1 sport, math isn't as valuable as emotions. The slightest emotions really can give you that extra boost in the end to keep going/finish the fight.

How I handicap MMA is, basically fight history - win/loss (how they win or lose is just as important as winning or losing), fight styles, height and reach, and finally weigh ins.

Billy at age 30 is truly at his prime. Now battle of their primes would be diff story. I digress...
    Billy 5'4 n 64 in reach
    Lineker 5'2 n 67 reach
    If you calculate height and reach, their ability to get to each other is identical unless one is a outside or counter fighter like lyoto or silva, at which point reach has more value than height (kicks which wont play a big role in this match up should be calculated thru height)
    We know that lineker has hands but if you saw the weigh ins, he came out as 138. If you know anything, you know that those last minute cuts kills your cardio and that mmmph you need to get those takedowns or w/e. The longer the fight lasts, billy's chances go up. So if your a live bettor keep a lookout at the lines.

John is undefeated( you know how ufc loves preserving records and champions), so if it comes to a close decision you can put money that john is gonna the split.

I like the dragon just as much as the next person but Mark has advantages in a couple areas.
    First, Munoz has more muscle mass and it isn't his first weight cut to 185. If you saw the ufc167 weigh ins, lyoto looked like he had to lose muscle mass to get to 185. (Insert the whole shogun should drop weight argument). People take weight cuts differently and Lyoto decided to go with the overall mass drop instead of the water weight cut. (different advantages)
    Although lyoto definitely has an advantage in stand up, due to his fancy footwork and HnR(height n reach), if and when munoz takes Lyoto down and does his donkey kong ground and pound, its bye bye for lyoto.
    Yes lyoto has a decent takedown defense vs bjj fighters. But his takedown defense vs wrestlers is just bad. And you can bet money that munoz isn't gonna try to tap out lyoto unless he somehow lets himself into a bad position on the ground.

Bonus! I'm not a big fan of picking favorites for obvious reasons but if you really want another bet take Melvin Guillard(-135) over Ross Pearson.

These are my 2 cents. I am not a professional or even an amateur sports bettor, so take all my information with a grain of salt.
    Great post! Very useful. I am on the opposite end of all your picks except Guillard. Keep up the great work! Wonderful fade material.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

LOL of course you r on the other side RP. This guy is picking dogs.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    LOL of course you r on the other side RP. This guy is picking dogs.
    There's an "All Dogs go to Heaven" airbetting joke in here somewhere.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

I like that you used a 7 instead of a T to spell Hustler, which I assume is the name?

That is all

hus7ler

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    what are the reasons?
    To explain to a true professional "investor" as yourself, I choose to pick dogs over favorites purely because I would have to be right more often than I am wrong, if i were to pick favorites. Ya its true that lineker might ko billy or lyoto might do his lyoto cross to ko munoz. But if i win either of these fights and lose the other two, I still cover both losses AND still make a bit of chump change. If you follow grand master of ufc Medical Doctor, fade all the fights I handicapped, and you lose this fight to "variance", you wont cover much of your losses.

P.S. its a good thing that you guys are fading me, that means thats one more chump to give me better lines in the future. Next time I'll just post and then bet after you "1%ers" fade me so I get better lines.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

DFC is back!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Billy 5'4 n 64 in reach
    Lineker 5'2 n 67 reach

lmaoooooooo

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Great post! Very useful. I am on the opposite end of all your picks except Guillard. Keep up the great work! Wonderful fade material.
    No one would have ever guessed you are going to play every favorite on the card...

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lmaoooooooo
    That was my favorite as well. Also liked how 30 is prime age for 135ers, and height + reach is all you need to know. Should be all over Barnatt.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    That was my favorite as well. Also liked how 30 is prime age for 135ers, and height + reach is all you need to know. Should be all over Barnatt.
    ha you should of been!

looks like my dawg picked the wrong dawwwgs!

hus7ler

I was wrong.

DSSCA
    DSSCA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

I was wrong.
    Nah man, you did great