pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Hendo vs Rashad...

Let's be real here...Rashad just lost to Lil Nog and Hendo lost a split decision to Machida.

Rashad's in his prime and everything, but Hendo is Hendo. The fight could still go either way, but Hendo should be favored.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Everyone who's posted about this fight so far has been guilty of lazy handicapping.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I'm on Hashad. Hendo has been taken down by machida and shogun and shields. Don't see why this will be any different plus Hendo has been injured going into fights

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

hendo lost a split that should have been a clear cut UD for machida...as long as he avoids a lumbering h bomb haymaker i think rashad wins a conservative decision using his speed and athleticism...

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blingshyne View Post
    hendo lost a split that should have been a clear cut UD for machida...as long as he avoids a lumbering h bomb haymaker i think rashad wins a conservative decision using his speed and athleticism...
    Pretty much exactly. I gave it to Machida 30-27, but it was 29-28 at worst. Hendo spent the entire fight trying to get Machida to circle into his right hand, and Machida spent the entire fight kicking Hendo in the chest and punching him when he tried to close the distance. The most disturbing part is that one of the two judges who scored it for Machida had Machida winning rounds one and three, but losing round two, where he absolutely dominated Henderson. If he had given three, where Hendo had a minute or two of top control, to Hendo, he would have won. Absurd.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

I guess it all depends on how much stock you put on the Lil' Nog fight put in by Rashad.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Stop messing around will ya?

Dan always has a ITD shot...ALWAYS but Rashad is 1. younger 2. the better overall fighter 3. Rashad is a cautious fighter and Hendo doesnt have the tools to cope with the quickness.

Is see the fight ending by points = game of endurance = Evans the winnah!

God, I love dollahs!

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post

Dan always has a ITD shot...ALWAYS but Rashad is 1. younger 2. the better overall fighter 3. Rashad is a cautious fighter and Hendo doesnt have the tools to cope with the quickness.

God, I love dollahs!
    What does "the better overall fighter" even mean? It's a silly term that no one should use when handicapping a fight.

Do you even realize how bad Evans's cardio is?

pouyasophy

God, I love dollahs!
    Rashad lost to lil Nog and Hendo lost to Machida and everyone in here think's dan's the can?No wonder everyone in here always loses

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

How's Hendo's injury? You can see on his last fight he is still injured.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by oldscho0led View Post
    Well he had Machida running away with that "injury" and Rashad almost lost to 75 year old lil Nog with no injury. What does that tell you?

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Running away? Is that meant to be some implication that he was successfully pressuring Machida, had him hurt, or scared?

Machida dominated the fight and for the most part did whatever he wanted to Hendo.

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    Well he had Machida running away with that "injury" and Rashad almost lost to 75 year old lil Nog with no injury. What does that tell you?
    it tells me MMAth doesnt work...and Machida running? cmon now...running, being elusive, circling, blah blah blah...bottom line, Machida was in control of that entire fight...it wasnt the most exciting match up but all Hendo could do was plod forward slowly, wing h bombs and miss by a mile while getting picked apart...lets not make it seem like Hendo was even in that fight...split decision was a joke to be quite honest...guess one judge gave it to him solely on aggression because it wasnt for landing anything...

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Rashad lost to lil Nog and Hendo lost to Machida and everyone in here think's dan's the can?No wonder everyone in here always loses
    They all have Machida an easy clear cut winner over Hendo. Lots of point fight judges on this site who never favor the guy who pushes the fight and if he didn't push it there is no fight. Im tired of these guys running the whole fight and landing something here and there and getting the victory. Hendo must have been livid that he lost a shot at the the title losing like that, chasing a guy for 15 minutes. I kinda feel the same way about Eddie Wineland. He gets a title shot running the whole fight from Pickett. Yes he landed more but if Pickett doesn't chase him there is no fight. These guys running should be losing every close round. Just my opinion of course.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blingshyne View Post
    it tells me MMAth doesnt work...and Machida running? cmon now...running, being elusive, circling, blah blah blah...bottom line, Machida was in control of that entire fight...it wasnt the most exciting match up but all Hendo could do was plod forward slowly, wing h bombs and miss by a mile while getting picked apart...lets not make it seem like Hendo was even in that fight...split decision was a joke to be quite honest...guess one judge gave it to him solely on aggression because it wasnt for landing anything...
    Yeah Machida landed a ton in that fight. What he land like three kicks a round? Look on paper Machida landed more but for fuks sake the guy refuses to engage anyone who is halfway dangerous. I guess when he did he got flatten like Shogun flatten him. It is one thing to stick and move and another to try and land two shots to win a round. Try to hit someone that runs all over the place. It is tough to look good.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by oldscho0led View Post
    That is why it is a waste to take a shot at Hendo. The guys knee couldn't have possibly healed on its own. He knows his window is small because of his age so he will go out there and fight with any injury. Heck some of his own training partners said he shouldn't have fought Machida.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    They all have Machida an easy clear cut winner over Hendo. Lots of point fight judges on this site who never favor the guy who pushes the fight and if he didn't push it there is no fight. Im tired of these guys running the whole fight and landing something here and there and getting the victory. Hendo must have been livid that he lost a shot at the the title losing like that, chasing a guy for 15 minutes. I kinda feel the same way about Eddie Wineland. He gets a title shot running the whole fight from Pickett. Yes he landed more but if Pickett doesn't chase him there is no fight. These guys running should be losing every close round. Just my opinion of course.
    LOL. He beat the shit out of Brad Pickett, are you insane?

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    What does "the better overall fighter" even mean? It's a silly term that no one should use when handicapping a fight.

Do you even realize how bad Evans's cardio is?
    THAT fight made me spit out my coffee. Evans is better on the ground...hes able to grind Hendo there and he has better footwork and hey...what about his KO power? Hendos chin is legendary yeah blah blah...still dangerous.

Day by day Hendos getting worse with injuries and thats why Hendo wont be able to chase Rashad around.
    Oh and Rashads more explosive with TD's because he doesnt have completely shot knees which can save him from an old man flurry.

Im so confident in the Rashad pick.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Hendos cardio is not great. He gassed badly versus shogun.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    I guess it all depends on how much stock you put on the Lil' Nog fight put in by Rashad.
    Also depends on how much stock if any that you put in the Machida fight? No one else does what Machida does. Hendo is 42 and slower. That was a unique matchup that was terrible for Hendo. You can't take much if anything from that fight, maybe other than machida landed a TD.

No clue what happens in this fight. Rashad you would think will be in wrestler mode. Hendo hasn't fought a wrestler in years. But Rashad is goofy and semi-stupid. Not sure if it is just a slump, or if Rashad became less interested in fighting after losing to Jones.

I am rooting for a Hendo KO. But you have to favor the desperate wrestler, as in many cases in the UFC. It is another one of those fights where Hendo should lose because on paper he has disadvantages (Fedor it was size and not having as much of a chin advantage) (Shogun it was Shogun is just as tough but more versatile with subs and leg kicks.)

Hard to cap old men, especially Hendo. He has had a resurgence late in his career, but hard to know when he will exactly hit that wall.
    Last edited by Rubber Guard; 06-10-13 at 10:25 AM.

MD

THAT fight made me spit out my coffee. Evans is better on the ground...hes able to grind Hendo there and he has better footwork and hey...what about his KO power? Hendos chin is legendary yeah blah blah...still dangerous.

Day by day Hendos getting worse with injuries and thats why Hendo wont be able to chase Rashad around.
    Oh and Rashads more explosive with TD's because he doesnt have completely shot knees which can save him from an old man flurry.

Im so confident in the Rashad pick.
    Footwork doesn't get much worse than Rashad's.

Rubber Guard

Can't really stand how they are using Hendo late in his career. Put him in some fun matchups. Not a dancer and a desperate wrestler. Hendo/Tex. Hendo/Lil Nog, Hendo/Vitor, Hendo/Thiago Silva

MD

Texeira would take Hendo down and lay on him for three rounds, or submit him. He wouldn't stand with him for long.

Rubber Guard

Texeira would take Hendo down and lay on him for three rounds, or submit him. He wouldn't stand with him for long.
    Yea that is probably the most likely outcome. But he could maybe get lured into a brawl long enough for Hendo to hit him flush.

But at least he would work on top and probably end with a sub. Rashad will shimmy around then get a TD and lay if he wins.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Agree with what Rubber said... Rashad's mental state sure has seemed fragile since the Bones loss. Difficult to gage that factor here....

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Henderson is a BAD match up for Evans. Few if any of Evans strengths will benefit him and his weaknesses could be seriously EXPOSED.

First -- is Evans going to take Henderson down? That's his only hope. But I think he's going to be very tentative because...

Evans is already scared. And he does NOT fight well when he's scared. We saw that against Jones. He's worried about the KO (the fact he's talking about the KO in the interview proves that fact).

Some fighters really lose a lot of their potential when they're scared of their opponents and Evans is in that group.

Third -- I'm really seeing a great possibility of a KO here. Evans is going to be running most of the fight. He's going to try a few takedowns and I think he's going to get out muscled.

As generic trends go -- Evans is fading. He's been "lost" ever since he left Jackson and the crew. That was a huge part of confidence and stability. He really seems to have lost his confidence and his DRIVE. I think we'll see him retire in the next 2 years.

In his last fight - it seemed he was on "less cell-tech" than before. There was a drop in muscle mass.

Henderson on the other hand is the new Couture. The guy is just as jacked up about fighting as he was a few years ago. He's excited about this match up and he's going to be hungry for a win after his last loss to Machida.

Henderson's biggest liability is his cardio.

If TOP FORM Evans comes in -- and really goes for the takedowns. He'll probably win. The reality is -- I don't think he's that motivated and that's why he'll lose. Evans in his prime (which was 4 years ago) -- would beat Henderson.
    I just think that guy is gone.

SOLID value on Henderson as I cap him around -125 to -140 in this fight.

Thor4140

LOL. He beat the shit out of Brad Pickett, are you insane?
    yeah in your mind as a point fighting judge he did. I never said he lost but for a guy with that wingspan and running for as much as he did was a disgrace. Then he ask Dana if Dana is now a fan of his and you know Dana was biting his tongue because he likes guys like Pickett who come to fight. If you are in line for a title go out there and fight for goodness sakes and not run and hope u land a few to sway the judges. After round one Wineland ran like a point fighter.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Running? He was countering and using his reach, while Pickett was coming in face first and throwing bombs. Outstruck him handily. I don't know what you where watching.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Running? He was countering and using his reach, while Pickett was coming in face first and throwing bombs. Outstruck him handily. I don't know what you where watching.
    There are three rounds in most fights. I saw that also in the first round.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I think it was more that Wineland just fought more cautiously than he has been before which makes it look worse (not expected). Against likes of Roop, Campuzano, Stone, and even to a certain extent Faber and Benavidez he pushed forward and was more aggressive.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 06-11-13 at 02:56 AM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Come on. Where are you from, drammen? Jessheim? You cant brawl with pickett. You cant punish wineland for pointfighting a guy that is more or less impossible to finish.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Hendo will be the aggressor and win by decision.

Evens will look to counter and hope for a KO. Won't happen IMO.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

My opinion on this fight,

Hendo's performance with machida has almost no influence on my handicapping of this fight,

Rashad's performance against nog holds a lot of weight here....

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Evans has the skills to win this fight easily with a good game plan. Unfortunately, he hasn't used a game plan since the Rampage fight. He gets discouraged very easily, stops his game plan and becomes vulnerable to KOs. The Rampage fight he took Rampage down the first 2 rounds and then thought he had it in the bag. The 3rd round he almost got knocked out by not continuing his takedowns. Even against Rampage when his game plan was working so well he still abandoned it.

He had no business losing to Nogueira, but did everything in his power to find a way. Hendo has had opportunities in almost all his fights to finish his opponents. Rashad has been clipped in many of his fights where he has fought someone with big KO power. Hendo is also on TRT.

Rashad gets clipped in this fight far more often than not. He also abandons game plans very often. Hendo can finish him or win the first 3 rounds like he did against Shogun. Rashad could take rounds with takedowns, but he has shown to be very inconsistent using his wrestling in fights.

It's very hard to trust Rashad here. His fight IQ is terrible. Realistically, with any fight IQ, he should be a large favourite here, but because of his inconsistency I'd rather play Hendo.

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Rashad's performance in terms of his mental state is more telling BUT Hendo's knee may be seriously ****** and his movement, TDD and cardio have been questionable as is. It's a very tough fight to bet IMO and there are some variables which can really go either way.

12 Last